The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not a fan of the canada day outfit. too much going on to my taste. i didn't like the erdem dress or the bird dress for that matter. i was hoping for something more special for such an important visit. let's hope it improves!!

Kate's Homage to Canada

Her outfit is a total homage to Canada. The shade of red is Canada's red and the hat has maple leaves on it. The white Reiss dress is one she owned. So what are the messages?

1. Respect to her host country;

2. Frugality at wearing a dress she already owned;

3. However in another significant mark of honour to Canada, the white dress is the one in her engagement photos (an important event in her and William's life) that she chose today, Canada Day, to be the second wearing;

4. The Queen's maple leaf brooch is a mark of the Queen's favour to Kate and to Canada.

Last edited:
i see she kikes this kind of hat/fascinator, eally looks good on her

I like the headpiece, its a nice idea, very respectful towards the hosts. Not liking the bottom of the dress at all, the ugly design makes it too short.
Same old hair :eek:

Day 2 outfit - Recycled Reiss dress with a red headpiece.

Look 1 ** Look 2

The white dress is nice but after all the weight loose it looks quite big and baggy which looks quite weird. The headpiece is just wrong and silly looking IMO especially with open hair.

Big and baggy? Huh? It seems to fit more or less the same way it did the last time she wore it. I don't think Kate has lost very much, if any, weight. Her face looks a little stressed and tight - but that makes sense.

I think the headpiece is fun and quirky. Canadians are noted, in my opinion, for our ability to laugh at ourselves. It was a nice piece of quirk inside a very traditional situation. Very Canadian.

LOVED the Maple Leaf brooch.

Her outfit is a total homage to Canada. The shade of red is Canada's red and the hat has maple leaves on it. The white Reiss dress is one she owned. So what are the messages?

1. Respect to her host country;

2. Frugality at wearing a dress she already owned;

3. However in another significant mark of honour to Canada, the white dress is the one in her engagement photos (an important event in her and William's life) that she chose today, Canada Day, to be the second wearing;

4. The Queen's maple leaf brooch is a mark of the Queen's favour to Kate and to Canada.

Yes. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Susanna Wynne -- Kate looks beautiful! The maple brooch & hat are great touches to her outfit. It's her first visit as the Duchess and she'll get better over time.

I loved the outfit. And yes the hat is fun and cute. This is not a formal, stuffy event. Last year we saw the Queen in vibrant red on Canada Day but somehow I expected Kate to wear white. It looks great on her.

Last edited:
I decline to make comment. Let that be my statement.

Still love the dress.....hat appropriate for the occasion. Toss the purse or save it for a trip to Japan!

She has looked lovely over the last 2 days nad the red and white though nothing special is plain and easy to wear I do like the bag. Though not a fan of lace she looked lovely on arrival and the little bird number seemed just right for the first evening.

sorry to have to say I really hate the whole outfit. The hat is beautiful but she has to do something with her hair. The dress is awfull, too short, doesnt suit her, the bas is a onstruosity for me. A bad day today.

First I dislike Charlene wedding civil outfit, too dull and too night gown and know Kate's very ugly outfit. Not a good day for me.

Lovely dress but quite dressy for the event, especially a daytime event.
A nice coat over a dress and a headpiece or hat would've been great.
Oh, I love that dress!

Love the dress but the hat is to kitschy

Still love the dress.....hat appropriate for the occasion. Toss the purse or save it for a trip to Japan!
Is there any particular reason for this ugly handbag/clutch to be saved for a trip to Japan? Likening it to real Japanese fans, which are examples of exquisite craftsmanship, is totally inappropriate.

Last edited:
I loved Kate's outfit on Canada's Day,especially the original hat

I thought she arrived in the black lace dress.

After taking a closer look at the pictures, I retract my earlier criticizing of the hat Catherine wore for Canada Day. It is indeed a nice touch, and it looks original.

I know call me lame but hello she is married to the heir to the throne. She I am sure is not lacking the funds. This is her 1st tour overseas I was so expecting new outfits. She has lots of time to pick in her closet for a dress she wore before. Come on Kate show us what you got shopping!!! LOL I want to see new outfits.

I loved the blue lace dress very pretty. The outfit she wore on the plane looked like a outfit for a day at work....and I am sure the plane ride was lots of work being briefed on the upcoming trip for the zillionith time I bet. The repeat outfit at the BBQ it was ok nothing great. This white dress loved the symbolism of the entire piece. Red and white the leaves on the hat and the red hat. Very nice but come on you couldn't find a equally as nice white dress. BUT I HAVE TO SAY I WANT HER SHOES!!!!!! LOL

June 30, 2011 - Kate leaving for Canada in a navy/black dress matched with a navy jacket with gold buttons, black shoes & bag.

Not sure of the look, she looks professional but boring, the gold buttons make this look quite old for Kate.

Full view ** Close up

Kates bag is by the British Brand Mulberry F/W2011

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Sorry, I actually meant this.... there was another post with a link to this outfit, but no description. I should have read this first!:bang::lol:

The Daily Telegraph reports Kate is wearing a cream dress by Reiss, with the Queen's maple leaf brooch a hat by Sylvia Fletcher at Lock & Co. Not sure who the shoes and clutch are by but I think it's a wonderful and symbolic outfit.

Happy Canada Day!!

Personally my first post outside the Member Introductions field :eek:)))
Wonderfully symbolic sums up her look. She got it exactly right, again.
Welcome here, Brenhinol.

The red hat is jaunty and suits her youth and the Spirit of Canada Day, displayed by other outfits in the crowds. That she and William look enthralled with each other is a huge plus. Their popularity has reached dizzying heights so rapidly these past few months but they remain on an even keel.

You may remember that Kate's Mother in law was fond of jaunty red hats as well, like this one-
http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/...ing-red-suit-and-red-pillbox-hat-may-1989.jpg

My favourite was abbreviated like Kate's with a couple of feathers.

You know, now that I see better pictures, I think the Canada Day outfit is perfect on her. And someone said it looked too baggy on her- it looks just like it did on the model. What Kate Wore has good pictures

Well it's gonna be Canadian maple syrup on pancakes for me tonight!! Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends!!!
Now about Catherine's outfit, I love the new hat with the maple leave design. I also love the dress and I even love the handbag, but I think it only just goes all together in one ensemble. I do, however, like the overall sort of silhouette/shape of all her more formal ensembles and it's all becoming quite a distinctive style.

Catherine looks lovely. Her outfit is youthful and appropriate for the event. Good for her to re-use clothes. To buy new clothes for every event is simply wasteful. She is doing wonderfully for being a new royal bride and member of the royal family. I am happy the Canadian people appear to appreciate the visit without being concerned about the shade of the red or whether she has worn any of the clothing previously.

Big and baggy? Huh? It seems to fit more or less the same way it did the last time she wore it. I don't think Kate has lost very much, if any, weight.

Im not talking about weight because its not the topic but the dress does look big compared to the first time she wore it, look at the picture in this link before and after, its quite obvious especially the sleeve part :flowers:
If an outfit doesn't fit well IMO it doesn't look so good and that is just IMO.

Day 2 outfit - Recycled Reiss dress with a red headpiece.

Look 1 ** Look 2

The white dress is nice but after all the weight loose it looks quite big and baggy which looks quite weird. The headpiece is just wrong and silly looking IMO especially with open hair.
i cant decide for the dress nice one but abit short for me i like the idea of the headpiece but i agree here it does not look right with open here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom