Queen Elizabeth II Current Events, Part One: April 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand. Is the Canadian regiment guarding the Queen as Queen of Canada or as Queen of the United Kingdom? The latter doesn't make sense in my opinion.

I don't know the protocol for military honors to the Sovereign in the United Kingdom, but do the regiments also use the royal standard in those occasions in addition to their own regimental colors? If so, and if the regiment is guarding the Queen of Canada, should the Queen's Canadian standard (i.e. the banner of arms of The Queen in Right of Canada) be used instead? It would be quite odd to do that on British soil.

They are certainly guarding her as part of their birthday celebrations because she is Queen of Canada. But maybe not as Queen of Canada. I suppose it does depend on if there's a technical or protocol difference.

Canadian Regiments have been Queen's Guards many times before, as have Australian, Jamaican, Gibraltarian and NZ. The only time guards have not been there because she is their Head of State is Malaysia, having been personally invited by General Sir Richard Dannat.

Queen Elizabeth received Dame Imogen Cooper at Buckingham Palace today, October 13, and presented her with The Queen's Medal for Music for 2019:

** Pic ** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
Honestly, it feels like post-Philip, HM is busier then ever!!

The EU Ambassador to the UK João Vale de Almeida has presented his credentials to Queen Elizabeth today, October 19:

** gettyimages gallery **

"The 2020 winner of The Queen’s Gold Medal for Poetry, David Constantine, has been officially presented with his medal during a virtual Audience with The Queen.

David was joined at Buckingham Palace by the Poet Laureate Simon Armitage, who chairs the Poetry Medal Committee."

Last edited:
Today, November 17, Queen Elizabeth received General Sir Nick Carter, the Chief of the Defence Staff, at Windsor Castle - good to finally see her again!

** pa images gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
Today, November 17, Queen Elizabeth received General Sir Nick Carter, the Chief of the Defence Staff, at Windsor Castle - good to finally see her again!

** pa images gallery ** dailymail article **

Good to see HM back to conducting face to face meetings. Hope she remains better over the holiday season and gets to enjoy Christmas.

A brief video of when the Queen met General Sir Nick Carter, the Chief of the Defence Staff, at Windsor today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely to see the Queen back again.

It depends on the angle. When I first saw the picture from the front, I thought the same. But when I saw one from the side, it was a bit better, though yes, she has lost weight. Everything what happened in the last two years is paying toll on her, thats for sure.
But did you all know she now has orthopedic style shoes? Or, MORE comfortable ones than until recently, I dont know if they are explicit orthopedic.

That's one thing about getting older is that things that we thought were punishments when younger get to be blessings when our bodies start to fall apart due to old age.

Naps and rest become something we crave. Those orthopedic shoes we were forced to wear as kids that weren't too "cool" now become the go to shoes because of the comfort they bring. I still have a closet full of shoes and boots with 3 inch stiletto heels that when I look at them, they're earmarked for a quick trip whenever I want one to the emergency room at the hospital. Just put those things on my feet and it's a guaranteed trip.

Advancing degenerating body parts is a given as we grow older and we come to accept that and listen to the body and the doctors that are taking care of it. HM has always been pragmatic and she *knows* that in order to keep on doing what she loves best, she also has to succumb to listening to her body when it tells her to rest or to slow down. At 95 years old, she's in remarkable health with a lot of stamina that allows her to continue a life that she absolutely loves but she's wise enough to listen and learn how to preserve that lifestyle to the best of her ability.

I'm not worried about the Queen's health. She's doing remarkably well and is moving and doing and keeping on keeping on almost to the point where I swear she's the Energizer Bunny in disguise but I also know that the human body is not indestructible. Life, itself, is a terminal disease. We just do whatever we can to make our lives as long as possible where we can. ?

Aging is very much linked to our genetics, so I legit thought Queen Elizabeth would match her mother and be out and about well into her 100.

Her father died at the relative early age of 54, due to his heavy smoking and stress of the throne. But Windsor women are different.
The Queen Mother, Queen Mary, et al far outlived their spouses.

I know it's insane as she's practically a centenarian but, 'm surprised at how frail she increasingly looks.:sad:

Queen Elizabeth received the Governor of the Bank of England Andrew Bailey at the Oak Room at Windsor Castle today, November 24:

** pa images gallery **

And she privately received Margareta, Custodian of the Crown of Romania and Prince Radu, see here.

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth held virtual audiences with the High Commissioner for Nigeria and the Ambassador of Malaysia today, November 25:

** rex gallery **

Queen Elizabeth presented organist Thomas Trotter with the Queen's Medal for Music at Windsor Castle today, December 8:

** Pic ** gtresnews gallery **

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth received the Sultan of Oman and his wife for an audience today, December 15:

** Pic ** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
The letters of condolence for the death of Desmond Tutu have already been posted here. Reposts have been removed.

Today, February 16, Queen Elizabeth received the incoming and outgoing Defence Service Secretaries at Windsor Castle:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
A really nice cosy and relaxed setting with the lovely fire in the background :previous:

I found a video of this engagement and after she was asked how she was she replied "Well, as you see I can't move."

I really hope, for the upcoming Jubilee events, they get a good idea for her to move gracious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom