The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2021, 03:30 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Queen Elizabeth II's Health Issues

The moderators have decided to open a thread dedicated to the health issues of Queen Elizabeth II as the topic is now discussed in several threads at the same time.

The direct cause is that the Queen has cancelled the Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph due to a sprained back.

Article here.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said yesterday that: "Queen Elizabeth was very well when I saw her last week".

Article here.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

For what it's worth, for someone who sprained her back the other day, she looks much the same as she usually does.

Old 11-18-2021, 04:19 AM
Royal Highness

Perhaps it was a light sprain. Painful enough not to want to stand outside in the cold for a long time, but light enough to do a seated audience, a few days later.
She does look a lot thinner than before, though.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, however the weight loss has been noticeable since about May or so; it isn't really anything new. She has gone through an awful lot, emotionally, this year, for it to manifest.

She was standing though! The way she always does.

As a good part her smile has seemed quite normal for a long time. :)
Old 11-18-2021, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Yes, however the weight loss has been noticeable since about May or so; it isn't really anything new. She has gone through an awful lot, emotionally, this year, for it to manifest.

She was standing though! The way she always does.

As a good part her smile has seemed quite normal for a long time. :)
That smile of hers lights up a room. It's also something that always lets us know that she's happy doing what she does. It also tells me that her attitude is the best medicine available to her. She *wants* to continue doing what she does for as long as she can and will do what it takes (doctor's recommendations) to assure that she can continue to enjoy doing what she does.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

Here is Charles weighing in on SkyNews.
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1...758927874?s=20

Whether he's laughing from humour or as a coping mechanism, we'll probably never know.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

HMís handbag

I notice that she is not carrying her purse in the most recent pictures. I certainly avoid carrying mine when my back is troubling me.

Given her usual excellent health, I’m inclined to think her current problems are musculoskeletal- certainly understandable at her age- and not anything internal.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-18-2021, 10:13 PM

too.

She's making smart concessions to her health and well she should. We have a friend who's a year younger than the queen and she is a lot more frail now than before the pandemic. It affected everyone of all ages.
I agree that her physical issues appear to be with her joints and back. She is getting more and more stooped over with the years. I think she smiles much more now than when she was middle aged. Seeing that always makes me feel better.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps she is smiling a little more now to put those around her at ease, lest they tend to fuss about her. I am sure she doesn't like too much fuss from others about her health.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I notice that she is not carrying her purse in the most recent pictures. I certainly avoid carrying mine when my back is troubling me.

Given her usual excellent health, Iím inclined to think her current problems are musculoskeletal- certainly understandable at her age- and not anything internal.
Good point about the handbag. In my eyes, the spirit of mischief that she has so rarely shared with us, that imp that impelled her to participate in the Olympic opening with 007 is still there and I hope she has a mobility scooter, complete with its red visibility flag, neatly parked out of sight where she can "do what she feels she must" and then saddle up and zip back to her apartments for a nice relaxing cup of tea, or a medicinal gin if the event was a pain in the neck.
Old 11-20-2021, 11:13 AM
Courtier

I agree, but shouldnít the visibility flag be the Royal Standard. She is present after all.
Old 11-20-2021, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Good point about the handbag. In my eyes, the spirit of mischief that she has so rarely shared with us, that imp that impelled her to participate in the Olympic opening with 007 is still there and I hope she has a mobility scooter, complete with its red visibility flag, neatly parked out of sight where she can "do what she feels she must" and then saddle up and zip back to her apartments for a nice relaxing cup of tea, or a medicinal gin if the event was a pain in the neck.
My advice would be: avoid a mobility scooter at all costs, as long as possible. That women in Sicily, Greece, Malta etc. reach such old ages is also because the must walk. And possibly the secret to the Queen's health is her agility and her independendance: she rides horses, she drives Landrovers, etc. My idea is that once people start using mobility scooters, they detoriate. Exactly because the body has no challenge anymore. I hope the Queen keeps her physical mobility.