The Princess of Orange, News and Events Part 2 (Jan 2024 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somebody

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
BC
Country
Canada
219px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_children_of_Willem-Alexander_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

Arms of the Princess of Orange

Welcome to the Princess of Orange's
News & Current Events, Part 2

Commencing January 4, 2024

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Even Point de Vue now has an article about Amalia and Boris of Bulgaria.

https://www.pointdevue.fr/royal/pay...pays-bas-et-boris-de-bulgarie-la-folle-rumeur

They speculate due to the comments in boulevard magazine 'Privé' and give a profile of the prince.

Edit: to complete the circle, now articles in the Dutch press [not the serious newspapers] seem to be appearing about the same thing, referring to 'foreign media' speculating about a romance while failing to point out that the original source is the Dutch magazine 'Privé'.

And even the newspaper, so not a boulevard magazine, 'La Libre Belgique' has an article based on PdV, which has a more solid reputation than 'Privé .

https://www.lalibre.be/lifestyle/pe...n-prince-europeen-BUUE37XPDJENDNQZZB25HH6CH4/

And there is an article in Tatler:
https://www.tatler.com/article/is-p...netherlands-paired-off-with-boris-of-bulgaria

The original source remains the same; 'Privé'. IIRC the magazine did reveal the relationship of WA with Emily Bremers and the one with Yolande Adriaansens. But that was a long time ago. The base for the speculation seems to be the photo at the Medicaneli wedding and nothing else.

--
I would be walking the polonaise with an orange hat for the next years if the news were to be true. However, the fact that she appeared with him in public is more evidence against than in favor of a relationship other than friendship.

Both royal families are one of the few protestant and orthodox ones that do not descend from Queen Victoria nor from King Christian IX.

The families are close. Myriam supposedly introduced Máxima and WA (several stories exist). And as we saw at the funeral of Prince Kardam the family knows each other very well. Possibly because they were in the same sad situation (a son/brother in coma). Until further evidence a family friendship is the most likely verdict for now.

Last edited:
Even Point de Vue now has an article about Amalia and Boris of Bulgaria.

https://www.pointdevue.fr/royal/pay...pays-bas-et-boris-de-bulgarie-la-folle-rumeur

They speculate due to the comments in magazine Privé and give a profile of the prince.

--
I would be walking the polonaise with an orange hat for the next years if the news were to be true. However, the fact that she appeared with him in public is more evidence against than in favor of a relationship other than friendship.

Both royal families are one of the few protestant and orthodox ones that do not descend from Queen Victoria nor from King Christian IX.

The families are close. Myriam supposedly introduced Máxima and WA (several stories exsist). And as we saw at the funeral of Prince Kardam the family knows each other very well. Possibly because they were in the same sad situation (a son/brother in coma). Until further evidence a family friendship is the most likely verdict for now.

How old is Boris?

Princess Myriam is invited to a lot of royal events and has good a good relationship with many of the Royal Houses and a familiar face a lot of royal weddings.

Isn't/hasn't Boris been known to be seeing someone else?

Se og Hør are sharing the same " news" giving details about Boris.
At least it adds to the rumours Amalia is living in Spain.
wish her luck for the new year and wisdom to make her choice

Who is this Boris? As a person?
What is known about him?
Has he a history of living wild or is he more of a role-model?
Does he earn a living?
Has he said anything wise or stupid for that matter?
Who is he?

Is he suited as a future consort in the Netherlands should he really have a relationship with Amalia, and assuming that if they do, that it become really serious?

What is known about him?
Does he earn a living?
Who is he?

Is he suited as a future consort in the Netherlands should he really have a relationship with Amalia, and assuming that if they do, that it become really serious?

Boris is a Bulgarian prince, future head of the Bulgarian royal house. Yes, he works, I think he founded his own company, and he has a master's degree in international relations. He is often seen at events in other royal houses, for example he was recently at the 18th birthday of the Princess of Asturias.

What is known about him?
Does he earn a living?
Who is he?

The future head of the Bulgarian Royal House?

He studied Fine Arts in London, various courses at the London School of Economics and is now getting a master's degree in International Relations at the IE in Madrid.
He founded a company (with his initials) that is dedicated to making sculptures and such.

The future head of the Bulgarian Royal House?

He studied Fine Arts in London, various courses at the London School of Economics and is now getting a master's degree in International Relations at the IE in Madrid.
He founded a company (with his initials) that is dedicated to making sculptures and such.

Yes Boris is the future Head of the Royal House of Bulgaria.

What is known about him?
Does he earn a living?
Who is he?

I recommend you look up the Bulgarian threads. He seems a very serious young man. I guess he had to grow up really quickly after his parent's accident in August 2008 (Boris was only 10 at that time, his brother Beltran 9), his father's subsequent coma, a short time of limited recovery, several more years in coma and finally his death in April 2015. After his father's death he also became his grandfather, tsar Simeon II's, heir.

Note that so far the only 'evidence' about them dating as that Amalia walked in on his arm at a nobility wedding in Spain. Some would probably say Amalia often being seen in Madrid is another indication - but they've never been seen together in Madrid.

Why? 10char

Because I'd assume any royal watcher would know who Boris is, even if they don't follow the Bulgarians.

That I continued my message with a description of his endeavours would make it clear that I wasn't asking who he is.

Last edited:
Because I'd assume any royal watcher would know who Boris is, even if they don't follow the Bulgarians.

That I continued my message with a description of his endeavours would make it clear that I wasn't asking who he is.

I'd assume many royal watchers would not know who he is; there probably are thousands of ex-royal families across the globe and most royal watchers (myself included) most likely do not have the dedication to learn of them all, let alone the names of their future heads.

But there is no reason to assume from Muhler's message that he is unaware of which family Boris is the future head of; his asking who Boris is "as a person" and "Is he suited as a future consort in the Netherlands" makes clear he is asking for something beyond basic identification as "the future head of the Bulgarian Royal House", which in itself tells very little about Boris's personality or suitability to become a consort.

I'd assume many royal watchers would not know who he is; there probably are thousands of ex-royal families across the globe and most royal watchers (myself included) most likely do not have the dedication to learn of them all, let alone the names of their future heads.

But there is no reason to assume from Muhler's message that he is unaware of which family Boris is the future head of; his asking who Boris is "as a person" and "Is he suited as a future consort in the Netherlands" makes clear he is asking for something beyond basic identification as "the future head of the Bulgarian Royal House", which in itself tells very little about Boris's personality or suitability to become a consort.

Thanks for the TED Talk.
The description I gave went beyond his dynastic position and made it clear he is an artist and tries to make a living out of it. That does say something about his personality.

End of discussion from me.

Thanks for the TED Talk.
The description I gave went beyond his dynastic position and made it clear he is an artist and tries to make a living out of it. That does say something about his personality.

End of discussion from me.

I was not responding to your description of his career but to the following comments:

I was being sarcastic.

Thank you for your responses. :flowers:

I feel that your summaries provides a much more nuanced image of Boris, than me merely reading a biography.

From reading your posts I get a very positive image of him.
He is a serious man, who tries to avoid doing anything controversial. And art is usually not that controversial.
He also appear to have means or at least his family has considerable means somewhere.
His education is useful, but not particular extensive, for someone who might suddenly have to step into an official role.
Considering his life so far and that there are seemingly no hint of scandals around him, he leaves to me an impression of being a mature young man.
You don't study and get a degree in International Relations without having something between your ears.
I have the same impression of Amalia, that she's a serious and mature young (perhaps somewhat inexperienced) woman who takes her role very serious.
In contrast her younger sister, Alexia, is and can afford to be and act more like a typical teenager.
- In that light I can easily imagine Amalia and Boris developing a close friendship and perhaps even a romantic relationship.
Boyfriends for a future monarch don't grow on trees, alas.
Boris is a known entity at least for the Dutch royals, and most other reigning royal families.

Last edited:

Indeed. You nailed it. :flowers:

As I imagined. I am surprised that Amalia is dating (?) him given the age difference between her and Boris.
There's really nothing , so far, to prove that the the two of them are dating. Just speculation that began when they appeared together at the wedding of the Duchess of Medinaceli back in October.
In any case, I'm a just few years older than Amalia and I personally don't see any problem at all in a potential relationship between a 20 year-old and a 26 year-old

Her parents differ 4 years in age, her paternal grandparents 12 years and her maternal grandparents 16 years. So, 6 years is relatively modest.

These rumors are about two important people from different royal families. It's surprising that no one has denied these rumors yet, not even a friend or an anonymous source.

There's really nothing , so far, to prove that the the two of them are dating. Just speculation that began when they appeared together at the wedding of the Duchess of Medinaceli back in October.
In any case, I'm a just few years older than Amalia and I personally don't see any problem at all in a potential relationship between a 20 year-old and a 26 year-old

I think the age difference is significant in this case, but that is not the major issue. The biggest difficulty in my opinion is that Boris is the heir to the headship of the Bulgarian royal house and marriages between two heirs are normally avoided nowadays.

I am not familiar with the succession rules to the former Bulgarian throne, but I would assume that, if Boris and Amalia's children are not baptized in the Orthodox Church, they might be excluded from the Bulgarian succession. On the other hand, even if the chances of a restoration of the monarchy in Bulgaria are slim, it could be problematic that any hypothetical future children of Boris and Amalia might be in the lines of succession to both the Dutch and the Bulgarian thrones.

Last edited:
I think the age difference is significant in this case, but that is not the major issue. The biggest difficulty in my opinion is that Boris is the heir to the headship of the Bulgarian royal house and marriages between two heirs are normally avoided nowadays.

I am not familiar with the succession rules to the former Bulgarian throne, but I assume that, if Boris and Amalia's children are not baptized in the Orthodox Church, they might be excluded from the Bulgarian succession. On the other hand, even if the chances of a restoration of the monarchy in Bulgaria are slim, it could be problematic that any hypothetical future children of Boris and Amalia might be in the lines of succession to both the Dutch and the Bulgarian thrones.

Boris can renounce his rights on his younger brother Beltrán.

I am not familiar with the succession rules to the former Bulgarian throne, but I would assume that, if Boris and Amalia's children are not baptized in the Orthodox Church, they might be excluded from the Bulgarian succession. On the other hand, even if the chances of a restoration of the monarchy in Bulgaria are slim, it could be problematic that any hypothetical future children of Boris and Amalia might be in the lines of succession to both the Dutch and the Bulgarian thrones.

But for the foreseeable future there is no Bulgarian throne, or even any type of official position for Bulgaria's former royal family. If merely being the head of a private family disqualified someone from becoming a consort, then Beatrix should not have married Claus von Amsberg either.

But for the foreseeable future there is no Bulgarian throne, or even any type of official position for Bulgaria's former royal family. If merely being the head of a private family disqualified someone from becoming a consort, then Beatrix should not have married Claus von Amsberg either.

Amalia needs permission from the Dutch parliament, but I suppose Boris only needs permission from his grandfather? I think he can keep his current faith. Máxima is also still Roman Catholic.

It's a defunct throne and Bulgaria is highly unlikely to reinstate the Royal Family. He is an heir in name only; she is an heir of an actual kingdom.

First the Argentinean magazine speculating about Gabriel, now Prive speculating about Boris (and to be fair to the magazines, they seem to admit that they are merely speculating): I wonder why they enjoy the idea of the Dutch crown princess dating someone royal-blooded; that sort of speculation seems more fitting for the Belgian or Liechtenstein royal families.

Back
Top Bottom