Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 14: June 2010 - August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be true, jonc, BUT... CP Letizia is definitely not your ordinary person! She is The Crown Princess and, as such, should dress the part. I do not see the Queen dressing 'casually' when doing her official duties.. There is a time and a place for outfits like this and this was not the time for casual, imo.

After seeing your pics, lula, I have to say that I may have changed my mind! I didn't realize that there was a heat alert and everyone seemed so casual.... However, if her husband could dress so admirably, surely Letizia could have made just a bit more effort to look like a CP... Perhaps a summery, sleeveless dress?? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in this heat I have no problem with what she has on for this event.

Her outfit is business casual and maybe if she had thrown on a jacket it would have looked better.

After seeing your pics, lula, I have to say that I may have changed my mind! I didn't realize that there was a heat alert and everyone seemed so casual.... However, if her husband could dress so admirably, surely Letizia could have made just a bit more effort to look like a CP... Perhaps a summery, sleeveless dress?? :)

It would be too much for her to stand under the bright sun without a hat. I think a long sleeve dress (she has a couple), or even a silk shirt with a skirt would have been much better.

Queen Elizabeth made a visit to NYC this past week, and in 100 degree, humid weather still managed to look every inch the Queen. I'm not suggesting that Letizia should dress like the Queen of England:) But to say that she can't dress like the princess that she is supposed to be because it is hot out? I'm not buying it:flowers:

Nor am I, Emmily! And do not forget the age difference between the two. The Queen is 84 years old while Letizia is only in her 30's.... Well said!

I was wondering if she wore the outfit because the blue matched the soldiers' uniform. The pants in particular are a good match. Why does she wear flats now?

Indeed they do! There is nothing wrong with wearing flats, but at the very least Letizia should still dress to look like the future Queen of Spain, with the rest of her outfit...

That may be true, jonc, BUT... CP Letizia is definitely not your ordinary person! She is The Crown Princess and, as such, should dress the part. I do not see the Queen dressing 'casually' when doing her official duties.. There is a time and a place for outfits like this and this was not the time for casual, imo.

Yes that's true but in her mind, I would think, she think's that she's dressing nice for the occasion, and since she sees others dressing like her it just make's her think that more. Know when she starts dressing like Mabel, then that's when she needs serious criticism and an intervention!

Know that I see how other people were dressed she actually looks OVER dressed for the occasion...

I find this outfit quite distressing, it's far too casual and her trousers look as if she slept in them. I don't buy the heat as an excuse, a lightweight dress or skirt ensemble would have been much cooler. I agree that if Queen Elizabeth can go on walk abouts dressed elegantly in 95-100 degree heat, a far younger woman can dress up a little more formally.

Looking at the pictures of how others were dressed she is actually dressed well. I see that people on here are saying she isn't dressed correctly or she doesn't dress appropriately for the role of Princess some time. If she were dressing so badly I would think the Queen would have something to say and she would change.

I can understand the heat allert and the fact that the people watching go normally dressed, but the thing is she wasn't supposed to watch the act, she is presiding the act. Besides, I believe that a summer and proper dress would be nicer, elegante, appropriate and would be more comfortable than a pair of trousers.
The orange dress that Letizia wore a few days ago, or another dress of that kind, would be fine, if you ask me :)

While her outfit is ok , i would like to see Princess Letia dressed a little better than rest of the crowd. I know that times are difficult and she doesn't want to be seen like a woman interested in fashion etc...
But she is the Princess of Asturia and I would like to see that in every picture. Does not mean she have to wear Prada , Dior ....just to stand up in the crowd.
Letizia is a professional and hard working woman but these qualities remain behind because everyone discuss how is dressed (or underdressed better said).

The outfit is the worst possible, blending in with the crowd. Its not thought through at all. Letizia is no ordinary guest but represents the royal family at such events and showing up like a housewife is respectless towards everything such an event stands for.

The outfit is not bad but completely inapproriate for this occasion - back in those days when Letizia still made an effort, she showed up in a suit or a dress, in a colour that made it easy for people to spot the royals.

She wears trousers and a shirt, is discreet and very simple, but not inappropriate... she is not wearing something crazy like a tracksuit or a bikini.:p

Except for the military, forced to wear a uniform (really admirable), the other guests and the press at the event were quite casual and summery. When you go to an act as this one in days of alert for heat, the etiquette is not very important... if nobody faints, the act already is a success.

http://leonoticias.com/adjuntos/P1480354.JPG
http://leonoticias.com/adjuntos/fotofamilia.jpg

I am sorry, but I have to disagree - if you are attending because you are a member of the royal family - you should dress in a certain way decent - also to match your husbund who is wearing uniform. A light summerdress or costume would have been perfectly fine.....

But of course - this is my private opinion. ;)

I personally dont agree that if the crowd is dressed in summery outfits & casual looks that its fine for Letizia to do so. The crowd and Letizia are not one. Letizia represents the royal family, the crown are attending and are not royals therefore it does not matter how they turn up wearing.

The heat, well, Spain has always been hot, its not like they are not use to the heat. I would not mind the look if she had worn a nice jacket with the look to make it more professional looking & that is just my opinion, if it was too hot for pants & a jacket then a skirt suit. The begining of her marriage, many of her suits looked very light, she could easily recycle them.

How the crowd was dressed doesn't matter. She is the Princess of Asturias helping to preside over the ceremony and she should dress accordingly. That outfit looks like something that any one of us could wear around the house or to run errands.

The heat is no excuse. If the heat were a huge problem, then she would have worn a skirt instead of pants and chosen a much lighter color than the deep blue that she is wearing. Everyone knows that darker colors attract light and heat. She didn't dress accordingly. A summer suit or dress in a nice cotton blend would have been much nicer, I think.

She just looks too casual standing up next to all of these individuals in full military dress.

HUGE BOOOOOOOOOOO for Leti today, today it was the day to wear RED

^ Oh, this outfit wears her and not vice versa... Besides, she recycled it after only a week! Not a smart choice at all IMO.

^^
I agree, the blouse doesn't suit her at all....

Blue is the other colour of the spanish team, they played yesterday in blue outfits. This is a lovely blouse.

It's just not about the colours, the blouse does't look right on her, it's too big for her and it's doesn't suit her body type. I'm not going to like it simply because she is who she is. And this is the only thread where people get angry about the negative comments... when other threads get much more negative comments and no one says anything. Lighten up! this is about fashion and the opinions are always subjective...

In other threads is very hard to find a negative opinions. And I don't think they are saints. Nobody has nothing to replay when there are any negative comments.
Is the last thing that I am interested this day. The blouse of Letizia. She's happy, her girls and husband are happy, The Royal Family is happy, the all Spain are happy, this is the important thing today not the blouse of Letizia. I hope she doesn' wake up in the morning struggle to decide what she will wear during this happy occasion. She is ok, I don't think the football team watch their blouse and said : Wow....is not a good blouse. They are grateful that she went for a trip from hours and she was body and soul suporting them. This is important today.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Melibea! Lighten up, indeed...

In other threads is very hard to find a negative opinions. And I don't think they are saints. Nobody has nothing to replay when there are any negative comments.
Is the last thing that I am interested this day. The blouse of Letizia. She's happy, her girls and husband are happy, The Royal Family is happy, the all Spain are happy, this is the important thing today not the blouse of Letizia. I hope she doesn' wake up in the morning struggle to decide what she will wear during this happy occasion. She is ok, I don't think the football team watch their blouse and said : Wow....is not a good blouse. They are grateful that she went for a trip from hours and she was body and soul suporting them. This is important today.
I don't mean to interfere but there is a fault in your speech: I can understand that everyone is happy and that the players wouldn't look at her blouse and think it looks good or it doesn't. The thing is that this is a fashion thread and so it is supposed to look at the clothes, no matter the person we are looking at is happy or sad or angry...
My point is: it's an important day to Spain, of course it is. Is that a reason not to watch and comment on the clothes, no it's not.
Besides, if you aren't interested in Letizia's blouse, with all due respect, skip this thread. However, I must agree with you: the blouse isn't definitely the most important thing of the day, at least not her blouse, the t-shirt the little Infantas were using is much more important ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom