Prince Ludwig of Bavaria and Sophie-Alexandra Evekink; 20 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems that a groom will be un uncle again, concluding from this photo:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CseTifKo7cT/

I only don't know which one of his sisters is Alice and which Auguste (his sister-in-law Henrietta is the one in the middle).

Nice to see the two Hohenzollerns together: Friedrich Georg von Preußen and Margareta a României.

Henriette is the one in the right of the pic, isn't she?

No - the owner of this Instagram account wrote that Henriette is the one in the middle.

Princess Alice is the one in yellow and the other is Princess Auguste

And not the other way round?

I was just browsing this forum:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/royal-house-of-bavaria-wittelsbach-10839-27.html

and this photo came across (post #529 made by iceflower):

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-new-year-of-picture-id1192978660?s=2048x2048

and she says that there is Princess Auguste in it.

P.S. This photo was taken three years ago, but, IMO, the lady in it resembles much more the one in the yellow dress.

Last edited:
Is the Groom the number 4 after Duke Franz , Duke Max, Duke Luitpold (his father ?)

The Portuguese Royal Family was also at the wedding. Infanta Maria Francisca, her brother Dom Afonso and her fiance.
The Duke and Duchess of Bragança were also at the wedding, but I can't find any photos.
https://c8.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G35186b70/22484792_JT5iY.jpeg

https://c1.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Gdf17fe4e/22484793_2HqIt.jpeg

https://c8.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G2e18ed78/22484794_wUhlE.jpeg

More photos:
https://www.brauerphotos.de/offer/00063231

https://www.brauerphotos.de/offer/00063234

https://www.brauerphotos.de/offer/00063232

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that the princess Maria Francisca is wearing a tiara on the last photo. I don’t recognize it and the diamonds seem to be small, but that may be the effect of the lighting from behind.

Last edited:
So, indeed a white tie dinner tonight with tiaras and orders.

A great way for Duarte to get to know the non-reigning European royal families ahead of their own wedding.

Last edited:
Is the Groom the number 4 after Duke Franz , Duke Max, Duke Luitpold (his father ?)

Yes, he is, and because of that he is the future head of the house (although his father is known as prince instead of duke; I assume he will only take up the title duke once he ends up being the head of the house). The current head has been training Ludwig in the management of the estate to take over for some time.

Current head: The Duke of Bavaria (Franz, born 14 July 1933)
Heir presumptive: his brother Max, Duke in Bavaria (born 21 January 1937)
Heir presumptive to the heir presumptive: their first (by his mother) and second (by his father) cousin Prince Luitpold of Bavaria (born 14 April 1951)
Heir apparent to the above: Luitpold's son Prince Ludwig of Bavaria (born 14 June 1982)

They like the 14th of the month as day of birth :)

Wedding guests prince Louis of Luxembourg and archduchess Gabriella of Austria are 3rd cousins of the groom.

Prince Ludwig of Bavaria (1982) - Prince Luitpold of Bavaria (1951) - Princess Irmingard of Bavaria (1923 - 2010) - Princess Antonia of Luxembourg (1899 - 1954) - Grand Duke Wilhelm IV of Luxembourg (1852 - 1912)

Prince Louis of Luxembourg (1986) - Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg (1955) - Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg (1921 - 2019) - Grand Duchess Charlotte (1896 - 1985) - Grand Duke Wilhelm IV of Luxembourg (1852 - 1912)

Archduchess Gabriella of Austria (1994) - Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg (1954) - Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg (1921 - 2019) - Grand Duchess Charlotte (1896 - 1985) - Grand Duke Wilhelm IV of Luxembourg (1852 - 1912)

Is it known who the flower girls were? I assume one of the older girls is the groom's niece Princess Olivia of Auersperg (born 13 April 2013).

I assume his nephews (except the youngest (born in 2021)) were among the page boys:
Prince Louis-Ferdinand of Lippe-Weissenfeld (born 16 September 2013)
Prince Carl-Philipp of Lippe-Weissenfeld (born 22 December 2015)
Prince Otto Heinrich of Lippe-Weissenfeld (born 24 March 2018)
Prince Ludwig of Auersperg (born 8 April 2015)

The bridal couple's interaction with their flower girls is lovely, see for example this picture.

No - the owner of this Instagram account wrote that Henriette is the one in the middle.

And not the other way round?

I was just browsing this forum:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/royal-house-of-bavaria-wittelsbach-10839-27.html

and this photo came across (post #529 made by iceflower):

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...-new-year-of-picture-id1192978660?s=2048x2048

and she says that there is Princess Auguste in it.

P.S. This photo was taken three years ago, but, IMO, the lady in it resembles much more the one in the yellow dress.

According to this tweet (by ChristinZ included in a post by royalwatcherblog) the princess in the middle with the long dress is Ludwig's eldest sister princess Auguste - as it is indicated that she did the reading. Assuming they sibling were seated based on age, the one in yellow was princess Alice, so the one in blue to the right must have been princess Henriette (and it would make more sense for her to be pregnant again as they have one child born in 2021, while his sisters had their children in 2013, 2015 (both) and 2018 (in the case of Auguste).

Tonight, the bride wore the Bavarian Saphire Floral Tiara and a Bayern blue dress (she wants to be able to reuse the dress and therefore will not wear white); the groom is like all the other men wearing white tie - with his orders: Saint George and Saint Hubertus.

As I somehow cannot edit my post:

The left and middle princesses do look like sisters; and the one of the left does not resemble them at all. So, my conclusion would be:
Yellow dress: Ludwig's elder sister Princess Alice of Auersperg
Multi-color long-dress: Ludwig's eldest sister Princess Auguste of Lippe-Weisenfeld
Blue dress: Ludwig's sister-in-law Princess Henriette of Bavaria (wife of his younger brother prince Heinrich)

The leaf and flower embroidery of Sophie-Alexandra's dress, veil, and train is exquisite.

The left and middle princesses do look like sisters; and the one of the left does not resemble them at all. So, my conclusion would be:
Multi-color long-dress: Ludwig's eldest sister Princess Auguste of Lippe-Weisenfeld
Blue dress: Ludwig's sister-in-law Princess Henriette of Bavaria (wife of his younger brother prince Heinrich)

Looking at her wedding photos, the blue does look like Henriette

Royal Musings: Photos from the wedding of Prince and Princess Heinrich of Bavaria

Late checking in. Lovely, delicate looking bride, but the upper part of her gown was so frightfully tight it appeared to be cutting into her flesh along the bustline and upper arms.

How uncomfortable it must have been. Who was the designer?

On the positive side she is classically pretty and wore very little makeup. Her tiara, veil and hair looked wonderful.

Last edited:
Interesting that a wedding in the House of Württemberg had stricter dresscodes than the Coronation! Major jewels to be worn and no guests who could not bother (like King Abdullah of Jordan in a daily suit at the Coronation).

I have read it, but I have seen Henriette and Heinrich's wedding pictures, and also Auguste's pictures, and Henriette does definitely look like the woman at the right of the picture, the pregnant woman in blue, and Auguste like the woman at the middle.

Last edited:
Weird to see Ursula without tiara. I assume the Spencer-tiara-lookalike she wore at Carl Philip’s wedding was a loan.

Very nice to see aristocracy behaving as such. Nothing wrong with them having made sacrifice to retain family heirlooms, like everyone does in their little own.

Weird to see Ursula without tiara. I assume the Spencer-tiara-lookalike she wore at Carl Philip’s wedding was a loan.

Very nice to see aristocracy behaving as such. Nothing wrong with them having made sacrifice to retain family heirlooms, like everyone does in their little own.

Usula von Bayern has worn a few diadems, a floral motif wreath, a sunburst motif, a scroll motif, a bandeau. Probably she misread the dresscode but on itself: grand jewels are always optional and never an obligation.

Usula von Bayern has worn a few diadems, a floral motif wreath, a sunburst motif, a scroll motif, a bandeau. Probably she misread the dresscode but on itself: grand jewels are always optional and never an obligation.

Of course. But most of them have been sold at auction.

The family's big sunburst tiara was sold in 2013.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2021/12/04/bavarian-sunburst-tiara/

Will they release pictures ?
Stefan did you attend the royal Wedding ?

Duchess of Braganzia in Queen Amalias tiara, Ekaterina of Hannover In the floral tiara and many more

Thanks for your interesting and long answer.
Being Head of a Royal House in Germany seems to be important ?

Yes, he is, and because of that he is the future head of the house (although his father is known as prince instead of duke; I assume he will only take up the title duke once he ends up being the head of the house). The current head has been training Ludwig in the management of the estate to take over for some time.

Current head: The Duke of Bavaria (Franz, born 14 July 1933)
Heir presumptive: his brother Max, Duke in Bavaria (born 21 January 1937)
Heir presumptive to the heir presumptive: their first (by his mother) and second (by his father) cousin Prince Luitpold of Bavaria (born 14 April 1951)
Heir apparent to the above: Luitpold's son Prince Ludwig of Bavaria (born 14 June 1982)

They like the 14th of the month as day of birth :)

Wedding guests prince Louis of Luxembourg and archduchess Gabriella of Austria are 3rd cousins of the groom.

Prince Ludwig of Bavaria (1982) - Prince Luitpold of Bavaria (1951) - Princess Irmingard of Bavaria (1923 - 2010) - Princess Antonia of Luxembourg (1899 - 1954) - Grand Duke Wilhelm IV of Luxembourg (1852 - 1912)

Prince Louis of Luxembourg (1986) - Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg (1955) - Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg (1921 - 2019) - Grand Duchess Charlotte (1896 - 1985) - Grand Duke Wilhelm IV of Luxembourg (1852 - 1912)

Archduchess Gabriella of Austria (1994) - Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg (1954) - Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg (1921 - 2019) - Grand Duchess Charlotte (1896 - 1985) - Grand Duke Wilhelm IV of Luxembourg (1852 - 1912)

Is it known who the flower girls were? I assume one of the older girls is the groom's niece Princess Olivia of Auersperg (born 13 April 2013).

I assume his nephews (except the youngest (born in 2021)) were among the page boys:
Prince Louis-Ferdinand of Lippe-Weissenfeld (born 16 September 2013)
Prince Carl-Philipp of Lippe-Weissenfeld (born 22 December 2015)
Prince Otto Heinrich of Lippe-Weissenfeld (born 24 March 2018)
Prince Ludwig of Auersperg (born 8 April 2015)

The bridal couple's interaction with their flower girls is lovely, see for example this picture.

According to this tweet (by ChristinZ included in a post by royalwatcherblog) the princess in the middle with the long dress is Ludwig's eldest sister princess Auguste - as it is indicated that she did the reading. Assuming they sibling were seated based on age, the one in yellow was princess Alice, so the one in blue to the right must have been princess Henriette (and it would make more sense for her to be pregnant again as they have one child born in 2021, while his sisters had their children in 2013, 2015 (both) and 2018 (in the case of Auguste).

Tonight, the bride wore the Bavarian Saphire Floral Tiara and a Bayern blue dress (she wants to be able to reuse the dress and therefore will not wear white); the groom is like all the other men wearing white tie - with his orders: Saint George and Saint Hubertus.

Were there Members of the Family of Wurtenberg . I saw Duke Philipp ex wife born Princess of Bavaria with her Farher Duke Max . I did not see his wife /

According to ChristineZ on twitter, the bride fainted during the service. After some sips of water all was fine and things could continue.

Isn't there an Arco wedding as well today? I imagine some of the guests were invited to both. Prince and Princess Napoleon f.e. are not on todays pictures. There seems to be a lot of Bavarian politicians attending the wedding. All CSU?

Fainted...oh dear...But that adds to the `Oh poor dear..the bride´s not well!..Is she perhaps..Ohh.no,no,don´t think so...or is she...`....Why do brides,sometimes faint....Oh,excuse me,got a bun in the oven...

What I noticed that many,if not too many,guests apparently didn´t look in the mirror before they left their houses...:ermm:

Duchess of Braganzia in Queen Amalias tiara, Ekaterina of Hannover In the floral tiara and many more

I would like to see a photo of the Duchess of Braganza.

Indeed, we got to see more bling bling for this wedding's ball than for the coronation.
I'm always overjoyed to see the Baden Sunburst Tiara and the Prussian Meander Tiara out of their boxes. What stunning pieces. :wub:

What I noticed that many,if not too many,guests apparently didn´t look in the mirror before they left their houses...:ermm:

What some guests wore to the actual wedding was difficult to look at, including Princess Henrietta's Papagena fascinator. Lord why... :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Some roundup of the wedding ball: https://royalwatcherblog.com/2023/05/21/wedding-ball-of-prince-ludwig-of-bavaria-1/

Great to see the Duke of Bavaria with his partner :flowers:. So many tiara appearances from the German! The two gorgeous floral from the Bavarian duchesses (the Bavarian one and the Douglas one), the majestic Prussian meander, the Hanover floral (in a more upright position), SCG turquoise*(the amazing colour combination).:wub:

Who've thought that the most splendid (in term of tiara) event in 2023 so far is a royal from non reigning house.

Wow, who would have thought a Bavarian royal wedding would out glamour a British coronation? Prince Ludwig and the new Princess make a very attractive couple. Hope to see them out and about on the royal scene.

The wedding ball dresses look wonderful. I like them way more than the day outfits for the wedding mass.
I agree that the newly wed couple looks splendid. I am very much interested in the new princess' work. She sounds to be an interesting person to meet with.
And it is very nice that Duke Franz of Bavaria went with his partner to a catholic wedding (and I say this being Catholic and going regularly to mass).

Back
Top Bottom