Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg and Nicolas Bagory: 22 and 29 April 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
The wedding of Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg and Mr. Nicolas Bagory will happen soon.
On April 22nd there will be the civil wedding in Luxembourg. Iceflower posted this link in the engagement thread but I will repost it here:

https://monarchie.lu/en/programme-civil-marriage-princess-alexandra-mr-nicolas-bagory

The religious wedding will be celebrated a week later, on April 29th, in France. They will get married in the church of Bormes-les-Mimosas, which is near the summer residence of the Grand Ducal family.

I wish we'd have had some type of interview, no matter how brief, with the bridal couple.

But we have had no statement, no interviews, and not even a photo shoot. Royal watchers know very little about the groom or how he met the princess etc.

TBH, it has been easy (for me)to forget this wedding is even about to take place.:ermm:

Yes, it feels a bit like an anti-climax. Very different from the royal weddings of her aunts or the wedding in Versailles of her uncle Guillaume. I imagine there will not be a lot of foreign royals present, apart from her Liechtenstein cousins and perhaps a few of the children of Pss Astrid of Belgium.

I wish we'd have had some type of interview, no matter how brief, with the bridal couple.

But we have had no statement, no interviews, and not even a photo shoot. Royal watchers know very little about the groom or how he met the princess etc.

TBH, it has been easy (for me)to forget this wedding is even about to take place.:ermm:
Well Alexandra is very private compared to most members of the Grand Ducal family (with the exception of Sebastian and Prince Felix) and she probably doesn’t want too much attention to the wedding generally.

Yes, it feels a bit like an anti-climax. Very different from the royal weddings of her aunts or the wedding in Versailles of her uncle Guillaume. I imagine there will not be a lot of foreign royals present, apart from her Liechtenstein cousins and perhaps a few of the children of Pss Astrid of Belgium.
You aren’t wrong in your assumption because Alexandra doesn’t really run in the royal/noble crowd that much apart from a few relatives she’s especially close to. Plus she’s very private even though she has more involvement in the Grand Ducal family working royals duties than Sebastian and Felix.

Last edited by a moderator:

At her brother Felix's Wedding there were also only a Handfull of foreign royals present.

Princess Alexandra lived in Paris. I liked when she went on offficial Visit to japan with the Grand Duke her Father a few years ago.

You can now congratulate Princess Alexandra and Nicolas Bagory by sending a message on Monarchie.lu:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrP-eJzMu9_/?hl=fr

https://monarchie.lu/fr/actualites/...z-la-princesse-alexandra-et-mr-nicolas-bagory

From 2:45 pm, RTL will be present live when the couple and their guests arrive at the Municipality of the State, at 3 pm.

The civil ceremony will take place at 3.30 pm, in a private circle inside the municipality.
At 4:00 pm, the bride and groom will leave the municipality to greet the population at the Knuedler.

At that time, the rest of the grand ducal family will proceed to the palace, where the wedding party guests will arrive at 5:45 pm.

At 6 pm there will be a reception at the palace, in which several national politicians will participate, in addition to the Grand Ducal family and the Bagory family.
https://www.rtl.lu/news/national/a/2054299.html

I'm wondering if Princess Alexandra will seek official permission from her father. She is a very private person so I don't think she would want to burden her future children with being in the line of succession. And the line is secured with Guillaume and his boys and Felix and his children.

We already know that Nicolas won't hold a title so it may be the next step to keep privacy and anonymity.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Princess Alexandra will seek official permission from her father. She is a very private person so I don't think she would want to burden her future children with being in the line of succession. And the line is secured with Guillauime and his boys and Felix and his children.

I don't think Princess Alexandra will stop being in the line of succession. Her future children will also have no more responsibilities, despite being in the line of succession.

Photo of the room where the civil ceremony will take place.
The wedding can be accompanied by the Instagram of the Grand-Ducal House.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrVgq4-s10h/

The Grand Duchess Maria Teresa today shared a post on Instagram where she shows her emotion for Alexandra's wedding and shares photos of her daughter's life.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrVRB2gtSgc/

We already know that Nicolas won't hold a title so it may be the next step to keep privacy and anonymity.[/QUOTE]

I wonder why? Didn't he want one or is it unusual because he is male?
The women who married into the family all got the title of princess.

We already know that Nicolas won't hold a title so it may be the next step to keep privacy and anonymity.

I wonder why? Didn't he want one or is it unusual because he is male?
The women who married into the family all got the title of princess.

It is because he is marrying a female member of the family. The house laws promulgated by Grand Duke Henri in 2012 continue to discriminate between princes and princesses. Except for a Grand Duchess or Hereditary Grand Duchess, princesses, unlike their brothers, do not transfer their titles or surnames to their spouses or children.

I'm wondering if Princess Alexandra will seek official permission from her father. She is a very private person so I don't think she would want to burden her future children with being in the line of succession. And the line is secured with Guillaume and his boys and Felix and his children.

Good question. Regrettably, we will probably never find out one way or the other as the family has generally kept their line of succession private. (In the case of Prince Louis, I imagine the absence of official permission was only made public to explain why his wife and children did not immediately become princesses and princes.)

If she does not seek and receive official permission for her marriage, Princess Alexandra will lose her seat on the Advisory Council of the House of Nassau (section 9 of the family bylaws of June 18, 2012).

https://legilux.public.lu/eli/etat/adm/dec/2012/06/18/n1/jo

The streaming has begun! LIVE in the Grand-House's IG.

https://instagram.com/courgrandducale/live/18172623562287502?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Oh God no, she's wearing an inspired, oversized suit with a Valentino cape. I really expected someone to advise her, just like Stephanie -who doesn't have a great fashion sense either- was advised for her wedding and looked marvelous.

María Teresa in BRIGHT pink (just of course!) by Natan, and Claire in a BRIGHT Yellow dress by Diane von Furstenberg. Stephanie in royal blue.

But she looks extremely happy, and so does the Grand Duke!

And that's it. We only got to see their arrival, not the actual ceremony. :sad:

Ps: Prince Sebastien has lost a lot of weight.

I'm not sure about Alexandra's outfit, it's so MT. Love her bouquet though. The colour and the feather on MT's outfit is a bit OTT to me. And it's annoying me that the colours of their top and trousers are not matched, different shades of pink and white.

Stephanie look great (lovely purse and updo), same for Claire

Last edited:
They're legally married and the streaming is back on!
https://instagram.com/courgrandducale/live/18244616182091867?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Videos of the arrival:

What I can tell from this little walkabout is that the Hereditary Grand Couple is most beloved. And deservedly so! :wub:

Back on topic: can't wait to see what Alexandra wears next week. Her style is so demure that I really don't think we'll get a third Lux bride wearing Elie Saab...but who knows.

The newlyweds waving from the balcony. :flowers:

https://instagram.com/stories/courg...ource=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

It is because he is marrying a female member of the family. The house laws promulgated by Grand Duke Henri in 2012 continue to discriminate between princes and princesses. Except for a Grand Duchess or Hereditary Grand Duchess, princesses, unlike their brothers, do not transfer their titles or surnames to their spouses or children.

Good question. Regrettably, we will probably never find out one way or the other as the family has generally kept their line of succession private. (In the case of Prince Louis, I imagine the absence of official permission was only made public to explain why his wife and children did not immediately become princesses and princes.)

If she does not seek and receive official permission for her marriage, Princess Alexandra will lose her seat on the Advisory Council of the House of Nassau (section 9 of the family bylaws of June 18, 2012).

https://legilux.public.lu/eli/etat/adm/dec/2012/06/18/n1/jo

I guess she had official permission for her marriage. Her parents were probably very happy for her to get married, as all parents would be.
Louis case was completely different and unprecedented, a scandal at that time that the GDC had to deal with.

Last edited:
:previous: It looks as if your comment ("How very unjust for women in our century! But maybe it is of no importance for Alexandra and her husband, they can live a private life with no shortage of money. Not a bad choice IMO") was inadvertently quoted as if it was written by me. Could you please edit it? :flowers:

:previous: It looks as if your comment ("How very unjust for women in our century! But maybe it is of no importance for Alexandra and her husband, they can live a private life with no shortage of money. Not a bad choice IMO") was inadvertently quoted as if it was written by me. Could you please edit it? :flowers:

Sorry Tatiana, I don't know how that got into your text. I deleted it.

I really loved Alexandra's whole look, very elegant, appropriate and modern (probably from Valentino, which is now my bet for the wedding gown).

I liked Maria Teresa's look, Claire was beautiful in yellow dress and Stephanie was too basic.

Sorry Tatiana, I don't know how that got into your text. I deleted it.

No problem, and thank you! :flowers:

Aside from the lack of title, I wonder if Nicolas Bagory will be treated similarly to Princess Claire (a profile on the official website, release of birthday photographs) or as a private citizen.

I really loved Alexandra's whole look, very elegant, appropriate and modern (probably from Valentino, which is now my bet for the wedding gown).

I liked Maria Teresa's look, Claire was beautiful in yellow dress and Stephanie was too basic.

Amazing how tastes differ. I think MT's look in the pink gown is just horrible, Claire had better choices in the past. Alexandra's outfit is not overwhelming but quite allright.
Stephanie's look was the best IMO

Only 18 seats except for the bridal couple so a very small and intimate civil wedding.

8 from the GD family:
- GD couple
- HGD couple
- Felix & Claire
- Louis
- Sebastien

No children... I assume her nephews and niece will attend next week's religious wedding.

Princess Alexandra looked fantastic today! Nicolas seems still a bit shy with regard to the whole royal thing. Nonetheless a supportive new husband.

Alexandra looked every bit the Princess and very comfortable and confident doing the Princess-thing in her homeland. She is clearly very comfortable around her native people.

Alexandra looks so very happy, happier and more animated than I have ever seen her.?

Also, for as shy and as private as we are told she is, the princess seems quite relaxed with crowds.

Alexandra looks so very happy, happier and more animated than I have ever seen her.?

Also, for as shy and as private as we are told she is, the princess seems quite relaxed with crowds.

Definitely happier than any recent royal brides in Luxembourg. Obviously all we know is this is due to comfort and being relaxed haven been born a princess.

Amazing how tastes differ. I think MT's look in the pink gown is just horrible, Claire had better choices in the past. Alexandra's outfit is not overwhelming but quite allright.
Stephanie's look was the best IMO

I like Alexandra's outfit -- I think she's the first royal bride I've seen wear slacks to any part of a wedding.

MT's outfit was bad. I love the color, but the style and the feathers were awful. The clingy fabric didn't do her any favors, either.

Stephanie and Claire's dresses were boring, but appropriate. Both looked like off-the-rack dresses from some department store.

Low Key Wedding , not a lot of people , most must be tourists.
Lovely and so happy bride , but no pictures of the Groom's family.
The back of the Grand Duchess outfit was awful and certainly when she received flowers.
The best was as always The Heditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie.

Back
Top Bottom