Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg and Nicolas Bagory: 22 and 29 April 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the marriage of Princess Alexandra, we now only have Prince Louis and Prince Sebastien single, of the children of the Grand Dukes.

Louis is divorced and recently had a failed engagement.

Sebastien, like Alexandra, has kept a low profile in that regard.

What has the bride groom done to his hair ����

I imagine its dyed to make it evenly gray

I imagine its dyed to make it evenly gray

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrqUghqNx1r/

In this picture Nicolas' brother, he is behind him next to Louis, is also beginning to get grey or white hair. Maybe this is genetic in the family.
I cannot imagine that a young man would dye his hair white, if he didn't accept the early greying I would assume he would dye it black. But he didn't so I guess he has no problems being prematurely grey or in his case white.
IMO he is a handsome man!

:previous: I think he is handsome too. The fact that he is apparently super intelligent is an added bonus ;)imho.

On another board, there is a poster who attended the Easter Vigil Mass at the same church Alexandra and Nicolas attended two weeks before their wedding. She said they sat far in the back and tried to be as low key as possible.

But she said the fact that they are deeply in love was plainly obvious. She also said Alexandra is "divinely" beautiful in person.

Last edited:
And only three of them with herself on it ;). She has been using the exact same pose for years now, this instagram batch being no exception. She does perhaps handpick them herself because an employee would vary it a bit.

Princess Alexandra looks wonderful on the photos. Somehow the dress seem to work better without the veil - gorgeous as it was.

It seems Prince Amaury of Bourbon Parma was there too.

Prince Felix wedding was still filmed by RTL and broadcasted. But this wedding is more discreet than those of the bride's Liechtenstein and even some Habsburg cousins.

The flowers seem fitting for the type of wedding that they have chosen and the setting in the beach home of the family.

Last edited:
Another bamkuch wedding cake? I thought their second cake would be more traditional. The cake isn't very pretty but I've read that it is delicious.

The decor for the dinner was very elegant and perfect for spring.

Alexandra's bridal hair was inspired, truly beautiful!

A mixed bag of fashion at the wedding,some of the ladies looking elegant in hats.
GDMT looked like she was came as a Wedding Present complete with a bow!
The church and grounds were really lovely.

Moonmaiden23 said:
Another bamkuch wedding cake? I thought their second cake would be more traditional. The cake isn't very pretty but I've read that it is delicious.

I have learned that the "Baumkuchen" (Tree Cake) is the traditional wedding cake in Luxembourg. I knew that kind of cake so far only being baked during Christmas time in the Eastern Germany area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually never heard of "Baumkuchen" (Tree Cake) and I have a very sweet tooth!

:previous:
Baumkuchen is a layered cake with many, many rings - so, if you cut the cake, it looks from the inside like a tree looks from the inside. The cake itself is rather dry. But it goes a lot of effort in it, to produce the cake - so, it is not cheap.

The cake from Eastern Germany, that is the Christmas "Stollen" - a white cake with raisins, which - or so I heard - becomes steadily very popular in the UK... instead of the traditional fruit cake at Christmas there.

Last edited:
Surprised to see so many members of the Jordanian Royal family. But I think they have summer residences in the same area as the Luxembourgish Royals, so they might have become friends through that connection.

Princess Zeina is stunning.
Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath are typically invited to the reigning and non-reigning royal events and weddings. They are friends with some of the non-reigning royals and reigning royal families and share some mutual friends in both camps.

:previous:
Baumkuchen is a layered cake with many, many rings - so, if you cut the cake, it looks from the inside like a tree looks from the inside. The cake itself is rather dry. But it goes a lot of effort in it, to produce the cake - so, it is not cheap.

The cake from Eastern Germany, that is the Christmas "Stollen" - a white cake with raisins, which - or so I heard - becomes steadily very popular in the UK... instead of the traditional fruit cake at Christmas there.

Victor, you are right about the Baumkuchen and the many layers. It is very complicated to bake, which can only be done by professional bakers who have those special ovens. It is expensive too.

BUT, the "Stollen" is a completely different thing! Famous is the "Dresden Stollen", because that is where it originated from. That is a flat long cake with raisins and sometimes "Marzipan" inside and is only baked during Christmas time.

https://www.einfachbacken.de/rezepte/christstollen-omas-bestes-rezept

https://baumkuchenfarm.com/about-baumkuchen/

And here is the story about the "Baumkuchen" for those who are interested, although I know it is very offtopic!

That is so true!!

That is exactly what disturbed me about MT at her only daughter's wedding.
The bride and the groom were the most important people at the wedding and she chose something that everybody is talking about.

She should have dressed a bit more decent, not so obviously crying for attention "look at me". And, by the way, that outfit would have been looked good on a tall and slender woman, but not on a woman who is small and stout.
With all her money and resources to famous dressmakers she sure could have made a better choice.

Nicolas mother just looked perfect to me.

And the pics she showed at her IG were almost all about her in the foreground, no husband, none of her other sons and daughters in law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow the crisscross details on the gown matched the crisscross choker tiara. But imho, the gown was not perfect for Alexandra. The make-up and hair, on the other hand, were spot on, really beautiful. I must say, that I'm a bit disappointed that she chose to repeat a tiara for her wedding. Imo, a wedding tiara should be worn for the first time to mark the special event, at least so when there are several tiara choices available for the bride.

I also liked how the tiara crisscross or trellis design also inspired the blue/white cummerbunds and sashes of the small attendants - all tied in nicely.

Princess Alexandra and her new husband really grew on me during their wedding celebrations. Too bad we probably won't be seeing much of them beyond an occasional appearance in the Grand Duchy. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom