Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg and Nicolas Bagory: 22 and 29 April 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I truly dislike Elie Saab's top heavy and theatrical designs but this bridal dress really was good. Everything which is so not "Say Yes To The Dress" is already a winner to me. A sober dress, no glitters, the ingenuity comes from the folds. It befits a royal bride.

I really like the dress and the veil is superb. I think it's because it's quite plain and obviously completely different from Stephanie's and Claire's. Good choice.

I really like the dress and the veil is superb. I think it's because it's quite plain and obviously completely different from Stephanie's and Claire's. Good choice.

Stéphanie de Lannoy married in a cathedral, Claire Lademacher in a grand basilica. Alexandra de Nassau married in a village parish curch. It will have played a role for the choice of dress.

Last edited:
Maria Teresa shared two private photos from yesterday:

** instagram post **

The youngest addition of the family - Prince François - was included in the family's group photo:

** instagram gallery **

Lovely that they included little Francois!❤️

As much as I dislike the choker tiara, it always looks so well on Alexandra.

It's funny to see MT's huge bath scrubber is blocking Nicolas:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sisters-in-law looked lovely; bride absolutely happy which outshone her dress. The mother of the groom looked beautiful, mother of the bride...Lord please forgive her.

The Grand-Duchess was not at all that bad but it are those ridiculously wide pants which ruin it. Máxima and Amalia love to wear these eyesores too. Beyond understanding. They should forbid these monstrosities and burn it on a great bonfire.

I dislike the dress; it's a bit too low-cut for a religious wedding, imo. And it doesn't flatter her at all.

But she does appear to be very happy.

It’s not what I expected and I feel a bit perplexed. Honestly showing her arms so much does not do her any favour IMO. The tiara instead looks good on her, despite very petite and not what I expected from the only daughter of the Grand Duke.
Anyway she looks incredibly happy and her smile speaks for itself!

MT is radiant as well, but she’s literally wearing black at her daughter’s wedding. The emerald flower is too oversized.

Maria Teresa shared two private photos from yesterday:

** instagram post **

The youngest addition of the family - Prince François - was included in the family's group photo:

** instagram gallery **

From certain angles the bride's gown is perfect...like in that first IG photo. And the way the tiny jewelled flowers are embedded in Alexandra's chignon is simply inspired. Sooo beautiful!?

All in all, my final verdict is that she was an overall successful Royal bride. Her gown will not go on my "Best" list, but her hair and veil might.

She radiated such beauty and happiness. I can't remember a Royal bride who was so visibly joyful. On the church steps she looked close to tears at one point.

The Grand Ducal holiday estate is gorgeous...perfect for hosting the reception.

It's good to see precious Francois in his mummy's arms but I can't wait to see his beautiful little face again!

Last edited:
Although I'm not a fan of that particular tiara, and I question the design of the gown ... there is no doubt that Alexandra was absolutely radiating happiness and love.

Best wishes to the happy couple!

I dislike the dress; it's a bit too low-cut for a religious wedding, imo. And it doesn't flatter her at all.

But she does appear to be very happy.

This, in addition to what I posted yesterday. Too low-cut and it doesn't flatter her. A combination of Victoria of Sweden, Maria Laura of Belgium (both boring and in the latter's case also unflattering) and Nina of Greece with those drapes. No.

This was a gown any bride can wear. Nothing special.

The mother of the groom looked spectacularly elegant, both in dress and hairdo. Well done.

Last edited:
In the pictures I didn't see Nicolas Bagory's father. What will be the reason?

I don't believe he was present. Whether he is deceased or there was
some other reason for his absence, I don't know.:sad:

Last edited:
Somehow the crisscross details on the gown matched the crisscross choker tiara. But imho, the gown was not perfect for Alexandra. The make-up and hair, on the other hand, were spot on, really beautiful. I must say, that I'm a bit disappointed that she chose to repeat a tiara for her wedding. Imo, a wedding tiara should be worn for the first time to mark the special event, at least so when there are several tiara choices available for the bride.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Princess Alexandra is lovely. GD Henri looked emotional in some photos, his eyes were red/teary.

I like the idea of the custom Elie Saab wedding dress better than the execution. The bottom wrap seemed heavy and unnecessary. Perhaps it was the fabric but the top didn't look fitted in some photos while waving and moving around. I appreciate the design connecting to the tiara somewhat, matching the scale of the church, and being different from the embellished/lace designs of HGD Stephane and Princess Claire.

GD Maria Teresa - Why? this outfit is better for a fashion, artsy event, maybe modern museum visit. I'm fine with pants at weddings but the huge shower pouf is distracting.

Mother of the groom looks elegant.

Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan
https://m.psecn.photoshelter.com/im.../fit=1000x750/g=G0000m8rlc_v9Z4E/1RU-9696.jpg

Prince Rashid and Princess Zeina of Jordan
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...850eca17293a3a1aae149106447907a9755db0310.jpg

Surprised to see so many members of the Jordanian Royal family. But I think they have summer residences in the same area as the Luxembourgish Royals, so they might have become friends through that connection.

Princess Zeina is stunning.

At topic 'Bridal Tiaras for Upcoming Weddings' I guessed Alexandra would wear the Chaumet Diamond and Pearl Choker Necklace Tiara, and I nailed it!

Somehow the crisscross details on the gown matched the crisscross choker tiara. But imho, the gown was not perfect for Alexandra. The make-up and hair, on the other hand, were spot on, really beautiful. I must say, that I'm a bit disappointed that she chose to repeat a tiara for her wedding. Imo, a wedding tiara should be worn for the first time to mark the special event, at least so when there are several tiara choices available for the bride.

There were too many crisscrosses on the gown imo. It was too much. Seemed overwhelming and not flattering. I do see that it matched the tiara. Normally I like that attention to detail, but I don’t think it worked here. I think she would have benefited from different sleeves and a simpler bodice. The dress from the back was lovely.

She did look very happy. And her hair was styled beautifully.

Last edited:
I was not a fan of Princess Alexandra’s wedding gown. It was not flattering.

Lovely family pictures and one with both families.
Everyone looks happy except the 2 Sons of Prince Louis...

I don' t think it' s Luisa Maria but one of the Arco-Zinneberg girls.

Marie Gabrielle by the looks of it. Though enough resemblance to Luisa Maria not shocked someone thought it was her with her brothers.

https://geneall.net/en/name/444797/marie-gabrielle-countess-of-arco-zinneberg/

Lovely family pictures and one with both families.
Everyone looks happy except the 2 Sons of Prince Louis...

Pair of teenage boys made to attend a wedding and dress up in fancy suits, not surprised they aren't grinning ear to ear for photos. Just the age.

In the pictures I didn't see Nicolas Bagory's father. What will be the reason?

I have looked at different articles. I only find that the name of the father of Nicolas is Thomas Bagory.

I've read that there are photos of Charles flipping out during the church ceremony and being removed by a nanny....I MUST see it to believe it.

The end of his Royal Baby Zen win streak!:lol::eek:hmy

ETA: I saw the photos just now at photographer Robin Utrecht's Royals site. Charles was in full meltdown mode. Poor little guy.:sad:

Last edited:
Princess Alexandra's godparents were seen in photos attending the wedding.

Her godfather, Prince Michel de Ligne, was there with his wife Princess Eleonora of Orléans-Braganza. Prince Michel and Grand Duke Henri are first cousins.

Her godmother, Archduchess Maria-Anna of Austria, was in attendance with her husband, Prince Piotr Galitzine. They live in Houston, Texas but were residence of Luxembourg at the time Princess Alexandra was born.

:previous: I had forgotten that Princess Anna Maria Galitzine was Alexandra's godmother.

She and her husband Prince Piotr very sadly lost their 30 year old daughter Maria a few years ago.

Although we knew it would not be a very royal wedding I am still surprised how low key they have made it.

Alexandra has attended many noble weddings and parties over the years but her own guestlist seems rather limited. From the Belgian RF only Prince Joachim for example.

As we have seen more often with this kind of dress code: guests seem to be dressed for a different event. Archduchess Beatrice for a night of clubbing, Stephanie for a ball, Claire for a picknick, and MT….. well.

The mother of the groom must have become a parent when she was very young or she has found a recipe against aging. She seems a nice lady but unlike others I did not find her outfit remarkable at all. Boring, conservative, predictable. But she has a different budget then members of Alexandra’s family have of course and she sensibly preferred not to stand out.

Wedding dress: not a fan. I am surprised it is by Saab. And the Lux family has nicer tiaras for a wedding. The veil, hair and make up were beautiful.

All in all quite a disappointing wedding for a daughter of a reigning monarch but as it must have been the wish of the princess to have such a low key wedding I suppose we should be happy for her that she was able to have that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom