Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Carina Axelsson: June 3 & 4, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THe dress CP Mary wore at the official part of the wedding seems to be the same one Zara Tindall wore at the Platinum Pageant.

I think it's lovely that the couple have finally married after 19 years.

Sorry i haven't kept up but was there a verdict in their favor last August?
Am I the only one who is surprised with a white dress and veil? After 19 years!

Both have never been married before. And we have seen a divorcée in white (Spain) or an unwed mother in white (Norway) walking down the aisle in a royal wedding.

Let us not assume a bride in white has any specific meaning of "purity" in Western society anno 2022...

THe dress CP Mary wore at the official part of the wedding seems to be the same one Zara Tindall wore at the Platinum Pageant.

I think it's lovely that the couple have finally married after 19 years.

Not sure whether it's the same dress. But CP Mary's is a Zimmermann dress that she first wore in 2019, both during an official visit to South Korea and to Princess Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation.

Edit: just went and checked out the photos, yep it's the same dress. Claire of Luxembourg also wore them in 2019

Last edited:
Both have never been married before. And we have seen a divorcée in white (Spain) or an unwed mother in white (Norway) walking down the aisle in a royal wedding.

Let us not assume a bride in white has any specific meaning of "purity" in Western society anno 2022...

It happens very rarely Duc_et_Pair, but I 1000000% agree with you. Divorcee not just in Spain, but also the United Kingdom; and several of the Princes and Princesses around the world living together before getting married too. And the concept of wearing a white dress is actually quite modern - started from Queen Victoria around 200 years ago

Princess Carina looked so beautiful - her dress and the veil were gorgeous. It is very hard to believe she is in her early 50s!

I would have been surprised, had shot not worn a white dress. It's the 21st century after all and women are free to live their own lives these days:flowers:j.

It's fascinating that royal-magazin managed to find original designs drawings and information about the maker and age of the tiara. It's wonderful, what they sometimes manage to find out. But it seems they missed the information, that the tiara has been worn by Fürstin Katharina von Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein at Princess Alexandra SWB's wedding.

I admit that I'm still a bit disappointed that Carina didn't wear one of her mother-in-law's tiaras. It would have been another mark of this very special day, to wear the fringe tiara the very day that she became the Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

I admit that I'm still a bit disappointed that Carina didn't wear one of her mother-in-law's tiaras. It would have been another mark of this very special day, to wear the fringe tiara the very day that she became the Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

Whilst Carina did not wear a tiara belonging to Princess Benedikte, she did wear what appears to be her tiara now. She has used it extensively for over a decade, and in time, I am sure her mother-in-law will leave her the Fringe tiara.

The Wedding of a German Prince and Heir of his House with the Danish Tradition such as tiaras for the Ladies and Very few Pictures ! Was the german Press invited ??
German Royals and the biggest tiara was worn by the Furstin of Waldeck-Pyrmont

Last edited:
It happens very rarely Duc_et_Pair, but I 1000000% agree with you. Divorcee not just in Spain, but also the United Kingdom; and several of the Princes and Princesses around the world living together before getting married too. And the concept of wearing a white dress is actually quite modern - started from Queen Victoria around 200 years ago

Princess Carina looked so beautiful - her dress and the veil were gorgeous. It is very hard to believe she is in her early 50s!

I think that the whole white dress and veil simply looks too youthful for older brides but yes Carina IS very young looking and can pull it off....Most middle aged brides look better in a different sort of dress.. colours with a hat, or a nice suit

Carina has patiently waited all these years to marry the man that she loves. IMO, let her wear whatever she would like. I think that she looks beautiful. The dress, veil and tiara are all lovely and suitable. Congratulations to them both.

The Wedding of a German Prince and Heir of his House with the Danish Tradition such as tiaras for the Ladies and Very few Pictures ! Was the german Press invited ??
German Royals and the biggest tiara was worn by the Furstin of Waldeck-Pyrmont

Not the Press was not invited as they wanted a private Wedding.

Carina us a beautiful bride! I love her dress, veil and tiara. Gustav is very handsome. They both showed how happy they were after many years of uncertainty. I hope they have a happy future.

Asides from Frederik, Mary, Joachim and Marie was there any of the Greek cousins and where was the queen his aunt?

What is Carina Axelsson's title now that she is married? - In German.

Asides from Frederik, Mary, Joachim and Marie was there any of the Greek cousins and where was the queen his aunt?

His danish aunt was on her Summer cruisse. And in the pics are no greek realitives visible but stuill there couild have been some there. But i guess if someone from Pavlos Family was there they would have shared Pics on their IG.

What is Carina Axelsson's title now that she is married? - In German.

Official:
Frau Carina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg geborene Axelsson
(Mrs Carina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg born Axelsson)

Traditional:
Ihre Durchlaucht die Fürstin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
(Her Serene Highness The Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg)

Last edited:
Sorry I might be ignorant, but why did they wait 19 years?
Do they have children?

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

The short answer: Because he would have lost his inheritance had he married earlier. And no, they do not have any children.

The long answer: See this and other topics on the prince or read the first two articles on Royal Musings about the underlying issue. Or if you are interested in a more detailed version:
Castle Talk 1: The (in)famous Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Will
Castle Talk 2: New developments
Castle Talk 3: When there is an estate for grab, that's where cordial family relations end

Last edited:
His danish aunt was on her Summer cruisse. And in the pics are no greek realitives visible but stuill there couild have been some there. But i guess if someone from Pavlos Family was there they would have shared Pics on their IG.

Very true if it the Pavlos family were there it would have been plastered on social media.

Now that Carina and Gustav are married, what title, if any, would be bestowed upon Carina? I have not seen any title, such as Princess, Duchess, etc., in media reports, but I could have missed it. Thanks.

Prinzessin is now part of her surname, as the titles are not recognized in Germany.

But, socially she will probably be called Princess in the press, but it needs time, as they were married only yesterday and she has been Carina Axelsson for 19 years...So, I think that it will take some time for the press to adjust.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex is still being called just Meghan Markle, although her title is recognized. Similar things could be said for Kate Middleton...

Now that Carina and Gustav are married, what title, if any, would be bestowed upon Carina? I have not seen any title, such as Princess, Duchess, etc., in media reports, but I could have missed it. Thanks.

See Duc et Pair's previous answer to a similar question a few posts before yours:
Official:
Frau Carina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg geborene Axelsson
(Mrs Carina Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg born Axelsson)

Traditional:
Ihre Durchlaucht die Fürstin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
(Her Serene Highness The Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg)

The short answer: Because he would have lost his inheritance had he married earlier. And no, they do not have any children.

The long answer: See this and other topics on the prince or read the first two articles on Royal Musings about the underlying issue. Or if you are interested in a more detailed version:
Castle Talk 1: The (in)famous Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Will
Castle Talk 2: New developments
Castle Talk 3: When there is an estate for grab, that's where cordial family relations end
Thanks a lot. I will fully read the long answers furthermore your short one already gave me a good idea.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Always the same pictures since the beginning . A lot of Royals are missing . Princess Nathalie and Princess Alexandra second husband.

:previous: It was well-known that Michael Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille wasn't attending as the wedding collided with the festival Heartland hosted at his Egeskov Castle. As a matter of fact, I think he himself told BB that Alexandra would be attending with her children.

Nathalie was at the 2022 Danish Dressage Championship. She coaches the Danish champion Cathrine Dufour.

Both events have been dated for a very long time so I suppose Gustav and Carina knew those two wouldn't be able to attend when they scheduled their wedding.

:previous: Interesting. I assume the scheduling choice reflects their desire to marry quickly and not any rift in the family?

Further to the good answers provided by Duc_et_Pair and Marc23: I believe Gustav has, much like his father, stated a preference for Prinz (which forms part of his legal name) over Fürst, and uses Prinz on his official website: https://wittgenstein-berleburg.net/familie-schloss/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom