Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Carina Axelsson: June 3 & 4, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pity that the pix are so small, let's hope for official bigger ones !

According to Billedbladet there will be official wedding photos released sometime today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the modern diadem in combination with the veil, I must say.

Beautiful bride/couple. Really happy for them!

Finally they got married,after conquering an idiotic rule of ages long gone.

I noticed the groom is wearing an Apple watch. Can't miss a text during the wedding! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Princess Nathalie attend? What about the Greek cousins?

Did Princess Nathalie attend? What about the Greek cousins?

Judging from Nathalie's Instagram story, it doesn't seem like it. Seems like she attended a dressage event with the Danish top equestrian Cathrine Dufour (who she coaches) yesterday.

Very nice photos.
What an honor for Frederik and Mary to be best man and maid of honor.

Very glad Gustav and Carinna had their special day and now can start a new chapter together.

Did anyone see them elsewhere than on Instagram that is blocked most of the time for those without an Instagram account. Would love to see them.

No Greeks? No Natalie?
I find it a bit odd that they prefer/ focus on danish Media. They are a noble family of Berleburg in Germany after all...

Did anyone see them elsewhere than on Instagram that is blocked most of the time for those without an Instagram account. Would love to see them.

The same pictures are on Facebook. In can't link directly, but maybe you can see them there?

The same pictures are on Facebook. In can't link directly, but maybe you can see them there?
Thanks! Glad to see a picture of the bridal couple from the day of their civil marriage as well - with their witnesses Frederik and Mary!

No Greeks? No Natalie?
I find it a bit odd that they prefer/ focus on danish Media. They are a noble family of Berleburg in Germany after all...
That even his younger sister is not attending nor his aunts is rather strange imho (although for the Danish RF of course one of them had to stay in Denmark; so it could be that Margrethe told her sons to join the celebrations of their cousin they most likely have been rather close with because of their similar age - and she would just go on with her activities as previously planned and remain in Denmark). At least his Danish cousins were by his side for this important moment even though it seems (we haven't seen everyone) that his Greek cousins were missing. If I understood it correctly, Carina's parents also were not able to attend but her brother was.

Last edited:
Very nice photos.
What an honor for Frederik and Mary to be best man and maid of honor.

Very glad Gustav and Carinna had their special day and now can start a new chapter together.

I very much agree, Polyesco. Finally, Gustav and Carina can settle in with their beloved dogs and just live their lives.

In perusing around some royal websites, I came across this site, quite good enlargements of the earlier posted small photos of the wedding party. Unfortunately can't get rid of the adds.
https://www.therealmyroyals.com/wed...-sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg-carina-axelsson/

The Crown Prince Couple have released some photos of the newly married couple on their Instagram account. Carina is wearing the The Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Diamond Spike Tiara.

I thought it was a modern take based on an earlier diamond diadem / collet collier from the 1910's.

Information about the Diamond Spike and Collet Tiara worn by Carina Axelsson now Princess of Sayn Wittgenstein-Berleburg
https://royal-magazin.de/german/say...-berleburg-princess-carina-diadem-kreuter.htm

The diamond-tipped diadem looks like a halo of rays made up of nine large set diamonds and was manufactured by F. Kreuter & Cie, Hanau.The original sketch by the designer W.Homburg from the year 1906-1907 was in the archive of the jeweler Kreuter & Co. and is now owned by the Stern graphics collection. The tiara features a row of nine diamond points crowned with nine round brilliant diamonds. The spikes are riddled with smaller round brilliant cut diamonds and set on a base of diamond tendrils with suspended diamonds. The tiara can be converted for wear as a necklace on a chain, without the tiara frame.

The tiara was first worn by Carina for two events during the 70th birthday celebrations for Queen Margrethe II in Copenhagen in April 2010 and continued to be worn by her thereafter.

Further discussion as to original ownership of this tiara can be found here starting on post #743.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...yal-and-noble-jewels-1621-38.html#post2215180

Thanks! Glad to see a picture of the bridal couple from the day of their civil marriage as well - with their witnesses Frederik and Mary!

That even his younger sister is not attending nor his aunts is rather strange imho (although for the Danish RF of course one of them had to stay in Denmark; so it could be that Margrethe told her sons to join the celebrations of their cousin they most likely have been rather close with because of their similar age - and she would just go on with her activities as previously planned and remain in Denmark). At least his Danish cousins were by his side for this important moment even though it seems (we haven't seen everyone) that his Greek cousins were missing. If I understood it correctly, Carina's parents also were not able to attend but her brother was.

Both Princess Nathalie and Queen Margrethe were busy with previous engagements. Even Prince Gustav's mother, Princess Benedikte, has previously booked engagements in Denmark today Sunday and had to leave Berleburg early to be able to make it there in time. This wedding seems to have been planned to happen as soon as possible and unfortunately some of the relatives already had made other plans that they couldn't cancel.

Lovely pictures. I suppose this couple just wanted to get married ASAP before something else could impede them. If they had set a date for later perhaps more relatives could have attended but that's the trade off you make sometimes.

It looks like a lovely day and I'm glad at least some of the family made it. I look forward to seeing what they do with Schloss Berleberg as a cultural centre of the region again now that they have full control.

I thought I'd read somewhere that they had been planning this wedding (quietly) for a year.

The Danish royal family cousins don't seem to attend each other's weddings like they used to. Pavlos was the only Greek cousin at Nathalie's wedding. No Danish/Greek cousins at Alexandra's second wedding or aunts. Alexandra was the only maternal cousins at Philippos' wedding last year and no Queen Margrethe.

Lovely pictures. I suppose this couple just wanted to get married ASAP before something else could impede them. If they had set a date for later perhaps more relatives could have attended but that's the trade off you make sometimes.

It looks like a lovely day and I'm glad at least some of the family made it. I look forward to seeing what they do with Schloss Berleberg as a cultural centre of the region again now that they have full control.

The verdict dates from August if IRC, however, I am not sure whether there still was a time period for their opponent to protest/go to a higher authority that they had to wait for, for it to be fully official.

Sorry i haven't kept up but was there a verdict in their favor last August?
Am I the only one who is surprised with a white dress and veil? After 19 years!

Back
Top Bottom