Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Carina Axelsson: June 3 & 4, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Carina Axelsson: June 3 & 4, 2022

Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson have given an interview to Danish Billed Bladet this week, posed for some lovely photos and revealed that there will be a civil wedding ceremony on June 3, followed by the church wedding on June 4 and shared the number of guests they've invited:

** BB: Kort før brylluppet: Prins Gustav og Carina Axelsson deler overraskende nyhed ** translation **

Last edited:
Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson enjoyed themselves with family and close friends after their civil wedding at Berleburg Castle.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...-og-carina-hygger-sig-med-naere-danske-venner

Among the 40 guests for the civil ceremony were Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik, the actress Ellen Hillingsø and her husband Christoffer Castenskiold as well as Ellen Hillingsø's brother Jens, who is a doctor, and his wife Helle. The latter walked over to the venue. Mary and Frederik apparently arrived at the castle earlier in the day.

Photos:
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

There have been no photos of Mary and/or Frederik.

Very happy for Prince Gustav and Carina....wishing them a wonderful weekend of festivities.

Last edited:
(..)
Nice to see the first noble guests: The hereditary prince and princess (Hubertus and Kelly) of Saksen-Coburg und Gotha have aged...

Last edited by a moderator:
Guests are arriving for the religious wedding of Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson at Berleburg Castle. I hope we get good pictures of everyone especially the bride!

So far Princess Kelly is wearing the Saxe-Coburg & Gotha Turquoise Tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Fürstin Cecilia zu Waldeck-Pyrmont wearing the Waldeck-Pyrmont floral tiara.

They are not in a hurry to release pics of the bridal couple :sad:, as I kind of suspected. I hope that we'll get to see some tomorrow.

So the dress code is white tie and there should be a couple a lovely tiaras that we're not going to see because close family will stay directly at the castle and won't be caught be the press. But Princess Kelly looks stunning as usual with her turquoise tiara.

Here are the first photos of bride and groom with some of their guests and family today ?

** ppe gallery **

Benedikte, Frederik, Mary, Joachim and Marie for example can be seen here.

Last edited:
:previous: So we know that the bride wears a white dress and has a veil. :lol: The photographer must have been kept pretty far away, if they only manage such wide shots.

Who is this guest?
I hope we can see a photo of the bride and groom and other family members.
As Stefan wrote above, it's Fürstin Cecilia of Waldeck-Pyrmont.

Marie and Marie seems to be wearing their wedding tiaras.

Its really lovely to see that things have finally worked out for them gorgeous dress even with the smaller images best wishes to them

Is it the Family Veil ?

It is actually a new veil, that she intends to turn into a family veil. It is based on sketches and instructions made by Fürstin (princess?) Margareta, Gustav's paternal grandmother. - According to the interview in BB.

It is actually a new veil, that she intends to turn into a family veil. It is based on sketches and instructions made by Fürstin (princess?) Margareta, Gustav's paternal grandmother. - According to the interview in BB.
A family veil for who? Their dogs?

The same photos as a little bigger versions
TT gallery
If you enlarge the pics you can see that Carina is wearing the spike tiara. I had hoped for the fringe tiara as a wedding tiara, since the spike tiara seems to belong to the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein family (or at least the Fürstin of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein wore it at Princess Alexandra's wedding.)

If you enlarge the pics you can see that Carina is wearing the spike tiara. I had hoped for the fringe tiara as a wedding tiara, since the spike tiara seems to belong to the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein family (or at least the Fürstin of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein wore it at Princess Alexandra's wedding.)

perhaps the fringe tiara still belongs to Princess Benedikte as i believe Prince Richard inherited it from his grandmother.

Which tiara is she wearing? I assume it is a Berleburg one? Or is it one from the Danish collection? It has multiple pearls with something lower in between.

It is clearly not the Khedive of Egypt tiara that seems to be reserved for blood princesses (descendants from queen Ingrid) and Benedikte herself is wearing one of her two 'go-to' tiaras: the Star-and-Pearl tiara (the other being the S-W-B Fringe).

Last edited:
Which tiara is she wearing? I assume it is a Berleburg one? Or is it one from the Danish collection? It has multiple pearls with something lower in between.

It is clearly not the Khedive of Egypt tiara that seems to be reserved for blood princesses (descendants from queen Ingrid) and Benedikte herself is wearing one of her two 'go-to' tiaras with (fewer) pearls and stars in between (the S-W-B Fringe tiara being her other favorite).

Apparently it is the spike tiara she has worn at Royal Events in Denmark and Sweden like the wedding of CP Victoria. The Khedive tiara is reserved for the daughters and granddaughters of Queen Ingrid like the historic Veil but for it an exception was made for CP Mary.

perhaps the fringe tiara still belongs to Princess Benedikte as i believe Prince Richard inherited it from his grandmother.
Possible, but Benedikte wears her star tiara. So she could have loaned the fringe to Carina, if still hers.

Thanks, so this is the one that she has been wearing before. Link to pictures of Carina (and others) wearing this tiara at other occasions. It is a beautiful tiara imho. I personally like it much better than Benedikte's fringe or stars and pearls.

Thanks, so this is the one that she has been wearing before. Link to pictures of Carina (and others) wearing this tiara at other occasions. It is a beautiful tiara imho. I personally like it much better than Benedikte's fringe or stars and pearls.
Yes, this one. I don't like it so much, though I don't find it particularly bad. Danish jewel's author Bjarne Steen Jensen once wrote on another board that it was borrowed from a member of the Berleburg family. So, I'm a bit astonished that she's chosen this one. And I would have like to see her marking her wedding with a special tiara from Gustav's immediate family.

But I think that Carina looks absolutely lovely, gown and veil look great on her.

Yes, this one. I don't like it so much, though I don't find it particularly bad. Danish jewel's author Bjarne Steen Jensen once wrote on another board that it was borrowed from a member of the Berleburg family. So, I'm a bit astonished that she's chosen this one. And I would have like to see her marking her wedding with a special tiara from Gustav's immediate family.

But I think that Carina looks absolutely lovely, gown and veil look great on her.

Perhaps Gustav has bought it from her from the Berleburg relative and this is why she wears it today. Also not the biggest fan of it but it is certainly better then for example CP Mary's Wedding tiara in its original from.

It's difficult to see, but is Ingrid (Princess Alexandra's daughter) wearing a tiara? It kind of looks like something across the front of her hair.

Back
Top Bottom