Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 4: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
209px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Thurn_and_Taxis.svg.png

Arms of the Principality of Thurn und Taxis

Welcome to the thread Prince Albert II and the Princely House of Thurn und Taxis, Part 4

Commencing Jan 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Elisabeth attended the Dior show of the Paris Womenswear Fall/Winter 22/23 fashion week today, March 1:

** Pic **

On the bright side it seems Albert is working on securing a heir, he does seem enthralled by her

https://pin.it/52Umd9U

Do we know any more about this photo? I mean, this is of importance! The wealthiest German noble family and all that!

If I remember it right, the Taxis' started at the same time, the House of Fugger rose to greatness and they rose with them! The cunning Jakob Fugger is said to have used the Taxis riders to warn the Venetians about the invasion of Duke Sigmund der Münzreiche (the Coin-rich). Sigmund failed, the Habsburgers got the Dukedom of Tirol from Sigmund and the Fugger the silver mines there - more than 500 years ago.

And the Taxis are still huge.

Do we know any more about this photo? I mean, this is of importance! The wealthiest German noble family and all that!

He is currently dating Virginia Consenti Pallavicino, the first photo was taken at one of her events, the "Rock Romance" in Rome.

It seems they meet in 2012 at a Christmas Party in Rome and it is there that they both studied at the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas

They have known each other for a while and while Albert has been focusing on the management of the family estate, Virginia has established herself as a businesswoman.

It seems the romance has been firm underway as Virginia has already meet the family and they both share the same Catholic faith. Clearly, he is a devout Catholic as he follows the teachings of his faith especially when it comes to forgiveness. It seems Virginia had an affair with one of her business partners but Albert took it on the chin and they both seem very happy together

Best wishes to the couple,

https://flic.kr/p/2n7hzMZ

https://flic.kr/p/2n7aTWb

Last edited:
Gloria, Albert and Elisabeth went to see an Ai Weiwei performance at the Teatro dell'Opera in Rome, Italy this weekend:

** instagram gallery **

On March 24 Elisabeth attended the „Un Avenir Pour Les Enfants Du Monde“ (a future for the children of the world) dinner for the benefit of children in Rwanda, at the Pavillon Ledoyen in Paris:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

He is currently dating Virginia Consenti Pallavicino, the first photo was taken at one of her events, the "Rock Romance" in Rome.

It seems they meet in 2012 at a Christmas Party in Rome and it is there that they both studied at the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas

They have known each other for a while and while Albert has been focusing on the management of the family estate, Virginia has established herself as a businesswoman.

It seems the romance has been firm underway as Virginia has already meet the family and they both share the same Catholic faith. Clearly, he is a devout Catholic as he follows the teachings of his faith especially when it comes to forgiveness. It seems Virginia had an affair with one of her business partners but Albert took it on the chin and they both seem very happy together

Best wishes to the couple,

https://flic.kr/p/2n7hzMZ

https://flic.kr/p/2n7aTWb

The Pallavicini/Pallavicino family is of old nobility. Best known is the Marquess Alfonso Pallavicini who is married to Hélène comtesse d'Udekem d'Acoz (sister of Queen Mathilde of the Belgians).

I do not know if Virginia Consenti Pallavicino is related to this noble family. There is also a baronial family Consenti. No idea if there is a requirement for the Fürst von Thurn und Taxis to marry a noble partner.

Nothing would suprise anyone in Germany. Gloria has the crazy/controversial/a bit of a religious hardliner image, and its common knowledge that the old prince was at least bisexual and needed an heir very badly approaching 60, hence the marriage to Gloria.
I don't think there is any pressure on Albert, at least not from the media, in other cases they would poke on the subject but not here.

The Pallavicini/Pallavicino family is of old nobility. Best known is the Marquess Alfonso Pallavicini who is married to Hélène comtesse d'Udekem d'Acoz (sister of Queen Mathilde of the Belgians).

I do not know if Virginia Consenti Pallavicino is related to this noble family. There is also a baronial family Consenti. No idea if there is a requirement for the Fürst von Thurn und Taxis to marry a noble partner.

She is not in the Pallavicin Article in An Online Gotha so it seems she doesn't belong to that Family.

Btw there was also a Duchess of Württemberg, a sister of Duke Carl who married an Margrave Pallavicini.

If there is a requirement in the Thurn und Taxis Hausgesetz to marry a noble lady, I am not sure Virgina "qualifies". Unless the Fürst can decide to scrap Ebenbürtigkeit or Standmäßigkeit. Then he is free to marry. But I had it in my mind Fürst Johannes had to marry someone like Gloria Gräfin von Schönburg-Glauchau, exactly to meet the requirements?

Last edited:
If there is a requirement in the Thurn und Taxis Hausgesetz to marry a noble lady, I am not sure Virgina "qualifies". Unless the Fürst can decide to scrap Ebenbürtigkeit or Standmäßigkeit. Then he is free to marry. But I had it in my mind Fürst Johannes had to marry someone like Gloria Gräfin von Schönburg-Glauchau, exactly to meet the requirements?

As far as i remeber that was not the House laws but the inheritance contract of Fürst Albert the grandfather of Johannes,s similar to how how it was in Prussia with the inheitance contract Kaiser Wilhelm II.

Xenia Maculan?

Prinz Albert is quite the recluse, he is seldom in the press, but was he not together with one Xenia Maculan, the daughter of an entrepreneur in construction? I think, they met, while studying...

And the press was reporting, it would be a very serious relationship and they were about to marry... But she was no noble woman at all, right?

Elisabeth attended the preview of the exhibition „Yoshi Takata. Un regard sur Paris“ at the Thaddaeus Ropac gallery in Paris:

** Pic ** pdv article **

And who is this man with her?

:previous:

Paul-Emmanuel Reiffers, entrepreneur and collector of modern art. He has attended events with Elisabeth before, but as he‘s married, it seems to be a normal friendship between them.

What happened to Elisabeth's engagement with some british nobleman?

I think it's not healthy to follow the love-lives of the famous.

Gloria attended the „Die Teufel von Loudun" (The Devils of Loudun) premiere as part of the Munich Opera Festival at Bayerische Staatsoper in Munich yesterday, June 27:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Elisabeth attended a gathering with Serpentine's Chairman, Michael R Bloomberg, to honour artists and thank most loyal supporters at The Serpentine Gallery in London yesterday, June 30:

** Pic **

Dog Collar

Archduchess Margarethe Klementine Maria of Austria 1870 -1955 married Albert, 8th Prince of Thurn und Taxis in 1890. Here is the dog collar she is wearing in a photo from 1908. Manufactured by Kreuter & Co. Sold by Juwelier R. Koch.

Attachments

• Kreuter-Koch g. Ordner   5-2021 (95).jpg
    Kreuter-Koch g. Ordner 5-2021 (95).jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 41
Quite the outspoken 'Fürstin'!

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis was in a talk show recently.
(Vid only in German. Sorry!)

And she was quite outspoken there.

The good: In the Thurn und Taxis castle Sankt Emmeram she introduced a rigorous energy saving program a long time ago. So, the actual energy crisis does not hit the Thurn und Taxis unprepared.

The bad: The media is changing its tone quite often, so, one can't trust them and everybody must make his mind up on his own.

The ugly: The actual crisis fulfills the wildest dreams of the "Eco-Greens", which want to de-industrialize Germany anyway.

These are fresh tones, not often heard in German speaking media.

Back
Top Bottom