National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlotte's attitude on balcony has changed a lot over the past few years. She used to be basically cute, friendly looking, little Caroline. Now, obviously, she has this 'Only hanging out with people with certain level of ... whatever' vibe. She looks a bit tired of everything, as if she had been everywhere, met everone, and looks as arrogant as ever. .
I think she's acting like that because she has lowered her tolerance with press people..

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene was stuning said all the newspapers and the observers of the royals people,it is not because there are the same persons .who use to critize charlene who would change the fact.Last friday, that was her first official event for the national fest and the same will critize more Charlene, they are only angry against the weedding they did not want.they must use to the fact that in july she will be the future wife of Albert and I hope them many happyness as the bishop of Monaco wished her at the beginning of the mass.She smiled. and this is the smile which was called like arrogant

^Because it was an arrogant smile. She will marry Albert, yes. She will be the Princess of Monaco, yes. We all have accepted that. It's not going to kill us all. But she does have an arrogant smile and stare. If you don't want to see it because you like her so much and you believe all the press and her fans, i'm not surprised.
She looked good, and she would have looked better if the smile was genuine and the stare, normal.

Last edited:
Charlene doesn't smile "arrograntly" all the time. Some of the smiles can be viewed as being arrogrant defintely.

I had a thought this morning...for the last three years there have been many people who haven't been nice to Charlene (via the boards and one assumes in real life). To me the smile was Yes, you said it would never happen and it did.

Now on to the business of being a Princess Consort and working on behalf of Monaco.

I agree, and to be honest, IMO, I can't blame Charlene for that.

In addition, some of those smiles might have been the nerves. I mean, the National day is a big event and it was the first time she attended.

Yes, timid people with some poor social skills, tend to make grimaces on their faces that could be misunderstood in the harshest way.

Charlene will have a hard time. At least, at the beginning.

She will marry Albert, yes. She will be the Princess of Monaco, yes. We all have accepted that

Given how Charlene is bashed by the people on this thread I really doubt that this is true.

How could one ever judge a smile on pictures from someone they didn't even cross as arrogant or genuine? That judgement is only in the eye of the beholder. For those who "accept" then it's just a half second grin, for those who don't, her smile KILLED the national day.

Charlene looked proper and elegant however the hat was a bit too much. She is a big girl to begin and neither Princessess were wearing one. Was this done on purpose? The ladies other than Charlene look tired and old, what is going on?

Given how Charlene is bashed by the people on this thread I really doubt that this is true.

How could one ever judge a smile on pictures from someone they didn't even cross as arrogant or genuine? That judgement is only in the eye of the beholder. For those who "accept" then it's just a half second grin, for those who don't, her smile KILLED the national day.
Ok people, she was absolutely gorgeous and had the most beautiful sincere smile i have ever seen in my entire life.
Now, can we move on?
This National Day was a very good one, the family got together as usual. It's a pity we couldn't see Steph's kids, but that's isn't news. Over all, being Charlene arrogant or not, the MND was very good.

^Because it was an arrogant smile. She will marry Albert, yes. She will be the Princess of Monaco, yes. We all have accepted that. It's not going to kill us all. But she does have an arrogant smile and stare. If you don't want to see it because you like her so much and you believe all the press and her fans, i'm not surprised.
She looked good, and she would have looked better if the smile was genuine and the stare, normal.

She looked as she had a case of the nerves. In many photos she looked pleasant and happy, especially when she was interacting with the rest of the extended Grimaldi family. I depends upon which photo you are looking at. If she looked "arrogant," tension and apprehension probably played a part. If she smiles too big, if she grins, her teeth make an uneven line. I don't know how to describe it very well. Her lips raise up and her teeth look crooked. I believe that she may have been coached to make a smaller smile, as she has been coached to curtsy and wave, exit a car etc....anyhow, a person in her position she will receive criticism when it is not warranted and false praise from sycophants. Some of the family photos showed the Casiraghi's not smiling either. We could start a thread, "make a caption for this photo". My point is this, unless we view video, or were there, we really don't know what someone's true "attitude" is.

Last edited:
Radker18: Very sweet pictures of Stephanie and Charlene, they obvious share a strong bond. It looks like Stehpanie is kissing her neck or wanting her to hold her.

Everyone looked wonderful, but I agree with many that say Charlene will have to find a "look" that works for her - Princess Diana didn't get it right in the beginning, either. I, also, enjoyed seeing Stephanie embracing Charlene - she is close to Albert, and it appears that she's forged her own relationship with Charlene....which, we know, was not the case (with her or Caroline) when her relationship w/Albert became more serious. I believe that Caroline has a pleasant relationship with Charlene, but they don't seem close (despite past pictures of them, also, embracing). It seems that the CasiTrio, also, has accepted her, as evidenced here, and the Grand Prix; other events. I'm sure, once they're married, and she's pregnant, relations will continue to warm

Everyone is reading way too much into these photos. It's amazing how one thinks they can completely psycho-analyze someone from a few pictures.

I think Charlene looked beautiful!! Very elegant and classy! I hate to say it but she outshone both Caroline and Stephanie!!

I saw an item on TV about the National Day in Monaco: Albert, Caroline and Stephanie were standing on the balcony listening to the anthem. After that Caroline and Stephanie went back inside and Charlene came next to Albert, everyone started saying Oooh and Wow and stuff like that. Charlene reacted shy to that, but how would you react if you were one a balcony with people cheering at you.
I'm really pleased to see that the Monegasques seem happy with their future princess.

i like Charlene, she seems to be nice...
however, when i saw her at the national day, i thought: "Charlene, what the hat...?!"

I think Charlene looked beautiful!! Very elegant and classy! I hate to say it but she outshone both Caroline and Stephanie!!

I'm sure, not by accident, since the focus should now be on her as the future Princess.

i like Charlene, she seems to be nice...
however, when i saw her at the national day, i thought: "Charlene, what the hat...?!"

I must be the only person who loved that hat. It definitely reminded me of Old School Hollywood starlet (not Grace just the generalization). But it would have better if it was worn at Royal Ascot. And it looked strange that she had that hat on when Stephanie and Caroline did not.

And honestly I amazed that everyone is focused on Charlene's hat when Stephanie looked like she just rolled out of bed, put a comb thru her hair and made a stop to do National Day in between errands.

charlene looked very elegant and beautiful! so happy to see her fitting in so well...and i hate to say it, but p.stephanie is looking much older than her age, i can hardly believe that she is younger than p.caroline and p.albert, no thanks to her tan, what a pity.

I loved the hat too, a bold fashion step indeed!

I must be the only person who loved that hat. It definitely reminded me of Old School Hollywood starlet (not Grace just the generalization). But it would have better if it was worn at Royal Ascot. And it looked strange that she had that hat on when Stephanie and Caroline did not.

And honestly I amazed that everyone is focused on Charlene's hat when Stephanie looked like she just rolled out of bed, put a comb thru her hair and made a stop to do National Day in between errands.

well said, Zonk.. I mean really

Well said, entirely my idea.

On the other hand, what about the idea that Stephanie and Caroline actually LIKE Charlene, or at least like the idea of their brother finally getting married. In that occasion they all agreed that Charlene would dress spectacularly and they would dress down (Caroline that is), to make Charlene shine more.
Most of the worshippers here of Caroline and Stephanie find them such really admirable persons, well that would be how really chic and classy people would act.

I think people got used to it. If she has been seen in public at all in recent years, has usually looked awful, sorry to say.
"New" Charlene understandably awakens much bigger interest.

You are right. But we are used to. Stephanie has divorced with fashion sense, years ago, so this kind of appearance is fully expected. The surprise would be if one day she appears well dressed and classy.;)

noooo i just mean that hat was so big...but i don't understand anything about fashion
I think Charlene is sweet :)

Stephanie's sense of fashion is well known for everybody, i think it doesn't amaze anyone that she went so simple to ND. Her pony tail was... :ninja:
Charlene's only faux pas was the hat, for me. If it wasn't for that, she might have looked awesome.

Even if Caroline and Stephanie deliberately "dressed down" for the occasion, it still begs the question: Why should they? They've been the mainstays of Monaco events for several decades !!

You read way too much into all of this ...

for the fest of Monaco, the designer was Armani, and for the travel to Japan it was Dior

So, Armani and Dior. Thank you for the information.

Back
Top Bottom