Death of Queen Elizabeth II - Lying-in-State, Edinburgh and London

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Queen of Spain has showed up to the reception wearing her Joyas de Pasar pearl brooch. What a lovely little tribute to Her Late Majesty. She looked quite emotional at the viewing in the Hall as well. I can see no non-sense and dutiful Felipe and Letizia really looking up to HM.

Additional discussion of styles and titles should take place on the appropriate thread.

To answer the question about the correct place to ask questions about (British royal) styles and titles: In general, that would be Questions about British Styles and Titles.

Depending on the question, there may be additional options, such as the threads about the styles and titles of particular members or branches of the British royal family, or the threads in the Royal Highlights subforum concerning styles and titles of multiple royal families.

As a general suggestion to posters who are having difficulty finding the appropriate thread for their question or comment: The Search form is very useful for finding threads, especially if one utilizes the "search titles only" option in the dropdown box below "Keyword(s)", and selects "show results as threads" on the bottom left corner of the search form.

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/search.php

Last edited:
I'm glad Frederick can accompany his mother. Looking at the footage from the Westminster Hall, she looked to be trying so hard not to cry.

The queue has come to an end. This lying-in-state was so emotional and heartbreaking to see all the people to say goodbye to their queen and pay their respects for her.

I guess this was the longest queue ever in worlds history.

The crowd in the hall has thinned out a lot. These must be the last few mourners before it closes. Edit: And here comes Black Rod, it's the end.

Please, don't call me crazy, but I think now the Queen will have some hours of peace before "attending" her own state funeral.

Sorry, if I am too crazy. This day is so incredible emotional for me and I am crying since I woke up.

The psalm sung when the coffin was brought into Westminster Hall was very beautiful, for me one of the most poignant moments of these last few days.
https://youtu.be/mqm3iJKHpH4

Last edited:
The Queen of Spain has showed up to the reception wearing her Joyas de Pasar pearl brooch. What a lovely little tribute to Her Late Majesty. She looked quite emotional at the viewing in the Hall as well. I can see no non-sense and dutiful Felipe and Letizia really looking up to HM.

I also saw King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia at Buckingham palace and a nice show of solidarity from Spain.

Back
Top Bottom