Death of Queen Elizabeth II - Pre-Funeral Discussion and Reception

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my impression so were the Danish royals.

The Greek royal family is more closely related to the BRF than the Danish. In addition, King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie lived in London until 2013 when they returned to Greece. Constantine is one of Prince William's godfathers, Charles one of Maria-Olympia's, and William one of Constantine-Alexios's.

Pavlos is King Charles III's second cousin once removed, but Queen Elizabeth II's third cousin once removed only. If I am not mistaken, his degree of kinship to the late Queen Elizabeth II is the same as Crown Prince Frederik's.

The Greeks are closer to the British Royal family. So they have probably been invited as much in that capacity as well as fellow royals. King Charles is one of the godfathers of Crown Prince Pavlos AND also of his daughter Maria Olympia. And Prince William is the godfather of Prince Constantine-Alexios.

If you want a more relevant comparison, King Abdullah and Queen Rania have come with Crown Prince Hussein.

I don't think King Constantine was going to celebrate anything, Queen Elizabeth was a very close person to him, Prince Pavlos said today, on the BBC, that they were like family to Queen Elizabeth, in the sense of closeness and deal, King Constantine was very close to the Queen, a Confident . I think he must be sad not to be able to travel to London to say goodbye to a great friend like Queen Elizabeth. Crown Prince Pavlos has said on the BBC that his father cannot go to this event because his health does not allow him to travel.

Can someone explain how the Jordanian royal family gets to send 3 representatives but the Danish royal family can only send 2?
That makes no sense. CP Mary has actually met the Queen and further more CP Mary is the only foreign royal who grew up with Her Majesty as her head of state.

Can someone explain how the Jordanian royal family gets to send 3 representatives but the Danish royal family can only send 2?
That makes no sense. CP Mary has actually met the Queen and further more CP Mary is the only foreign royal who grew up with Her Majesty as her head of state.

Didn't CP Hussein train at Sandhurst?

The Greeks are closer to the British Royal family. So they have probably been invited as much in that capacity as well as fellow royals. King Charles is one of the godfathers of Crown Prince Pavlos AND also of his daughter Maria Olympia. And Prince William is the godfather of Prince Constantine-Alexios.

If you want a more relevant comparison, King Abdullah and Queen Rania have come with Crown Prince Hussein.

Being a godfather is not a blood relation. I don't doubt that the family was close to Queen Elizabeth II, but I was merely stating a fact: Crown Prince Pavlos' degree of kinship to Queen Elizabeth II is the same, I think, of Crown Prince Frederik's. Pavlos is more closely related, however, to King Charles by Charles' descent from Prince Philip.

Incidentally Pavlos' degree of kinship to King Charles is also the same as King Felipe's, whose mother is King Constantine's sister of course.

Last edited:
Didn't CP Hussein train at Sandhurst?
Yes as many others CPs and actual Kings.

The most funny thing is the presence of Sheik Mohammed.
He was there to pay respect to the passing of a Queen, whose Court has deprived him of the custody of his kids and clearly reported him as having committed a kidnapping in UK and thus violated countries sovereignty . This is the real democracy..
I know that he is there representing his country... but it is wired.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Thanks I didn't know. Maybe the didn't want to invite the CP couple but CP Frédéric just accompanied his mother.
[/URL]

No. Frederik was really invited with his mother. As she has no husband to accompany her.

Pavlos is King Charles III's second cousin once removed, but Queen Elizabeth II's third cousin once removed only. If I am not mistaken, his degree of kinship to the late Queen Elizabeth II is the same as Crown Prince Frederik's.

I have just heard on Sky News that, contrary to what the Royal.uk site suggested, "foreign royals and Knights of the Garter" will be present at the committal service. It is not clear yet if all European monarchs or only part of them will be at both services in London and Windsor, but I look forward to finding out tomorrow.

Unfortunately I won't be able to follow the committal service live, because I will be working at that time (it is not a holiday for us!), but I will try to catch up later.

The committal service is private and won't be filmed, so there won't be anything for you to follow. The only thing that will be televised is the state funeral.

Being a godfather is not a blood relation.

And I know that. I was merely answering the original question which was why are the Greeks allowed 3 people. And what I said, holds true. They are closer to the British Royal family and were probably invited just as much as close family friends/relations as foreign royalty.

The committal service is private and won't be filmed, so there won't be anything for you to follow. The only thing that will be televised is the state funeral.

I believe the service in Windsor is televised, not sure who will attend other than the family but the burial will take place later in the evening and that is totally private with no tv cameras or photographs.

The Committal Service will be live. The Royal Family's official YouTube channel has an upcoming live stream for it tomorrow.

"On the eve of her funeral, Buckingham Palace has shared this beautiful and joyful image of the Queen, taken at Windsor in May by Ranald Mackechnie as part of a series for the Platinum Jubilee. She wears the Aquamarine clip brooches, an 18th birthday gift from her parents."

"Prince George and Princess Charlotte will attend the State Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II tomorrow.

They will walk behind their great-grandmother's coffin alongside their parents."

To take short the long story, the only royal families who brought 3 people were Greece, Jordan and Spain (I saw King Juan Carlos but not Q Sophia)

Another question : anyone from Germany or Austria?

That new, last portrait of the Queen is just stunning. Perfectly captures her personality!

And, I'm not at all surprised that George & Charlotte will be attending the funeral tomorrow. It always seemed clear that they, along with Savannah, Isla & Mia, would be the great-grandchildren in attendance.

The interment is private, but the committal service will be televised as far as I understand it.

That new, last portrait of the Queen is just stunning. Perfectly captures her personality!

And, I'm not at all surprised that George & Charlotte will be attending the funeral tomorrow. It always seemed clear that they, along with Savannah, Isla & Mia, would be the great-grandchildren in attendance.

To me this is absolutely the right decision. And yes I expect the girls to be there too.

Last edited:

There are three services:

1. The State Funeral at WA which will be televised

2. The Committal Service at St George's which will see her coffin lowered into the vault like Philip's was last year and that too will be televised.

3. The Internment Service when both The Queen and DoE will be finally interned in the George VI Chapel. That is a private family service and won't be televised.

Disappointed that all her grandchildren aren't following her coffin. ;(

Queen Sofia is also present.
So Spain:4
Greece , Jordan & Netherlands: 3

All the other RF max 2.

Other mystery: European RF arrived by coaxh and they had to walk. Jordan and Gulf/Saudi arrived by limo and of course didn't walk. Found strange that young CP Hussain was carried in front of the entrance and King of Norway had to walk despite walking stics to walk to the entrance

To take short the long story, the only royal families who brought 3 people were Greece, Jordan and Spain (I saw King Juan Carlos but not Q Sophia)

And the Netherlands (Princess Beatrix, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima).

It has been explained that Princess Beatrix and King Juan Carlos were invited as former monarchs. King Albert of Belgium was similarly invited, but chose not to attend.

Furthermore, Juan Carlos and Beatrix are members of the order of the Garter. You will see their banners of arms hanging at St George's chapel tomorrow along the arms of other Knights/Ladies of the Garter including those of members of the British Royal Family.

The reason why Jordan and the Royal Family of Greece (not to be confused with the Hellenic Republic) were allowed a 3-person delegation remains unexplained.

The Gulf sovereigns found it beneath them to arrive by coach (that was reported yesterday by the UK press). Other heads of State like President Biden and President Macron arrived by car for security reasons.

European royals don't seem to mind being bused. Buses have been used in several events like royal weddings, jubilees and birthday galas in various monarchies as the royal watchers here can confirm.

Last edited:
Disappointed that all her grandchildren aren't following her coffin. ;(

Strange James isn't if the other grandsons are. Who knows. We will see tomorrow.

Doesn't seem children will be in Windsor either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom