Death of Queen Elizabeth II - Pre-Funeral Discussion and Reception

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The royals have arrived: Margareta and Radu; Philippe and Mathilde; Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Beatrix; Albert and Charlene; Sophie and Alois; Carl Gustaf and Silvia; Margrethe and Frederik; Harald and Sonja; Anne-Marie, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal; Naruhito (alone); Henri and Maria Teresa; the King and Queen of Bhutan; the CP of Morocco; and the Serbian CP couple. I did not see Felipe and Letizia. Did they arrive earlier? Or later?

The royals have arrived: Margareta and Radu; Philippe and Mathilde; Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Beatrix; Albert and Charlene; Sophie and Alois; Carl Gustaf and Silvia; Margrethe and Frederik; Harald and Sonja; Anne-Marie, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal; Naruhito (alone); Henri and Maria Teresa; the King and Queen of Bhutan; the CP of Morocco; and the Serbian CP couple. I did not see Felipe and Letizia. Did they arrive earlier? Or later?

I did see Felipe and Leticia go in, I think they were on an earlier bus. Also King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

I did see Felipe and Leticia go in, I think they were on an earlier bus. Also King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

Yes, they arrived earlier. I went back in the streaming and saw them. Strange that they were not on the same bus as the other royals and were mixed with other guests (probably presidents) whom I do no recognize (I apologize for my ignorance).

EDIT: I think the King of Tonga also went in earlier, as did the Sultan of Brunei.

Last edited:
I'm sure like most busses it's accessible, obviously they would not otherwise be using it.
Then you should have seen King Harald struggle to get out of the bus in Copenhagen last week.

Yes, I recognised the King of Tonga. Some of the guests, not the royals obviously, looked a bit lost, to be honest. I’m sure they were all being guided as to where to go when up the stairs but before that some were forming a bit of a queue and some weren’t.

It is nice to see that the young footman at the door bowed to the royal guests specifically. Was he given advance warning, or did he actually recognize all of them?

I had to laugh at the camera man lingering on and following Margareta and Radu of Romania and ignoring the Lichtensteins and Belgian royals that were right behind them. I think he got caught up in the "regalness" of Margareta and thought "she must be very important!" ??

Will there be any footage from inside the Palace? For example, the King meeting the guests?

Not the CP of Morocco but his uncle Moulay Rachid.

Not the CP of Morocco but his uncle Moulay Rachid.

Sorry, that is correct. I keep forgetting that Prince Moulay Rachid is second in line.

Last edited:
I can be proven wrong but i don’t think the Foreign monarch’s are invited to the comittal service in Windsor. Their presence are not mentioned anywhere except for the reception tonight at BP and for Westminster Abbey tomorrow…

The service in Windsor seems to be for family, friends, the royal households and the people awarded on The Queen’s last birthday honours list this summer.

Sky news seem to be reporting that foreign Royals will be at the committal service for The Queen at Windsor tomorrow.

India Hicks has just been on BBC and her and her mum (Lady Pamela) are attending the abbey service, the lunch at Windsor and the Committal Service in Windsor. She talked about trying to talk her mum out of wearing a veil.

I am hoping to get to watch most of the funeral tomorrow, what channel will have the best coverage? I imagine all will have about the same video, I am wanting one that will explain enough for a foreigner to understand, but not so much as they talk over what is happening.

I am hoping to get to watch most of the funeral tomorrow, what channel will have the best coverage? I imagine all will have about the same video, I am wanting one that will explain enough for a foreigner to understand, but not so much as they talk over what is happening.

If that's what you want, don't bother watching it on TV, not here in the States. Watch online feeds from UK stations like the BBC or Sky News.

Do Meghan and Harry attend the reception?

If that's what you want, don't bother watching it on TV, not here in the States. Watch online feeds from UK stations like the BBC or Sky News.

I plan on not watching American TV Monday. I was thinking BBC, but I dont know much about the channels in the UK.

I missed Philippe and Mathilde. Also did not see the King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.
Pretty lady accompanying Sheikh Mohamed, is she one of his daughters? Or a new wife?
No words to say for Maxima's hair

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

The Brits aren’t good in filming foreign royals. I remember the same happened at William and Catherine’s wedding. Good thing we can see pictures afterwards.

We get BBC America on our satellite dish programming, and they're running the entire thing live from the BBC network starting in the early am Pacific time. I was able to do that with the last few royal weddings. I'm also recording it in case I doze off.
I was so disappointed that our US news didn't air anything of the Queen Mother's service in 2002, but I finally watched it years later on YouTube.

Greek royals are family

Pavlos is King Charles III's second cousin once removed, but Queen Elizabeth II's third cousin once removed only. If I am not mistaken, his degree of kinship to the late Queen Elizabeth II is the same as Crown Prince Frederik's.

The Brits aren’t good in filming foreign royals. I remember the same happened at William and Catherine’s wedding. Good thing we can see pictures afterwards.

I have just heard on Sky News that, contrary to what the Royal.uk site suggested, "foreign royals and Knights of the Garter" will be present at the committal service. It is not clear yet if all European monarchs or only part of them will be at both services in London and Windsor, but I look forward to finding out tomorrow.

Unfortunately I won't be able to follow the committal service live, because I will be working at that time (it is not a holiday for us!), but I will try to catch up later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom