Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 4: September 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the coat - the hat is OK but the hairdo is a big no-no!

A full view

ImageShack - Hosting :: 2025518346e8c8zv3.jpg

Mary looks great and very elegant apart from the hairdo I don't like. However I think the Opening of the Parliament is something extra special therefore I think this is not reflecting in her clothes. The skirt is too short IMO. Coat & hat are a superb combination.

I love the coat, it is a favorite of mine. However, with such a busy pattern on the coat, she should have worn her hair back in a chignon or something instead of curling it to the side. As it is, it distracts some from the coat making you focus on her head.

WOW!!! This coat is amazing. A rather lively pattern nicely enhances the simple style of the coat. It was a perfect choice indeed... I believe she wore this coat during one of her pregnancies. I

I think both the Danish Princess's look nice, but IMO are outshined by the lovely and always elegant Queen(as it should be).

When I first saw Mary's outfit my first thought was that she could have used some tights, but now I'm not so concerned either way.
I agree that its good that we have since this coat is one that we have seen many times (and yes you are right al bina...), and thats good for many reasons - not least because she looks great in it, but new would've been nice...

WOW!!! This coat is amazing. A rather lively pattern nicely enhances the simple style of the coat. It was a perfect choice indeed... I believe she wore this coat during one of her pregnancies. I
I love this coat too - and the hat that goes so well with it :flowers: I believe Mary wore it the first time to one of her very first solo engagements - opening of a new highway in Jutland.

I love the coat and hat. The shape and colors are beautiful with her complexion. Her hair nearly ruins this look though. She should not have worn those ringlet curls. They are more suitable for a young girl, not an elegant CP.

I'm not a fan of the hair either. But I love seeing her in this coat and hat. She has worn both several times. They look so good on her. I hope she keeps wearing it.

It's almost too much, the busy design of the coat, the elaborate hat and the curls, but she pulls it off quite nicely. I like it!

I think Mary's hair-do is nice, unusual but nice .
BUT the outfit is simply horrible, a kind of coat my grand-mother could wear ...:eek:

I think Mary's hair-do is nice, unusual but nice .
BUT the outfit is simply horrible, a kind of coat my grand-mother could wear ...:eek:

I agree, the coat looks like... wall-paper or... old curtain :eek:

she's young, why does she dress like an old lady?

horrible

thats a nice coat and hat, but there is something wrong with the lengh of the dress and hair. they stolen the perfectness of the look :eek:

A full view

ImageShack - Hosting :: 2025518346e8c8zv3.jpg

Mary looks great and very elegant apart from the hairdo I don't like. However I think the Opening of the Parliament is something extra special therefore I think this is not reflecting in her clothes. The skirt is too short IMO. Coat & hat are a superb combination.

My gosh, I hadn't seen the dress underneath - it is way too short.
How could she sit down in that dress and not have it ride up to her ....
Mary needs to wear stockings - I don't care how tanned her legs are.
The hair-do and the hat --- awful combination.
Love the coat - if I had that coat, I'd wear it to death.

Oct 8, 2008 - Mary in a printed ballon sleeve chiffon top,a vest, skinny jeans/pants and a coat.

The top looks quite pretty but im not sure if she got the look she was aiming for quite right IMO. The sleeves dont work with that look and I dont think the books look too nice with the top.

with coat -- without coat
(originally posted by paty)

I like the top, and I like the boots, but not together. They remind me of a pirate. The top would have looked nicer without the vest. I am really surprised by her coat. It is really ugly, and not very elegant-looking. I know that she was dressed casually, but that coat looks like something I would expect to see on an American from the midwest who is attending a football game (icky!).

Not sure about the coat, but I love how she styled her hair with that hat. Gorgeous!

Oct 8, 2008 - Mary in a printed ballon sleeve chiffon top,a vest, skinny jeans/pants and a coat.

The top looks quite pretty but im not sure if she got the look she was aiming for quite right IMO. The sleeves dont work with that look and I dont think the books look too nice with the top.

with coat -- without coat
(originally posted by paty)

What was the event that she was attending, it seems very casual? Almost like a school sports carnival or horse show or something of that sort.

The boots arent working for me. Sorry.

What was the event that she was attending, it seems very casual? Almost like a school sports carnival or horse show or something of that sort.
It was a visit to one of the facilities run by the Christmas Seal foundation which she is patron of.

I think this outfit is quite appropriate for the occasion, only those ENORMOUS Prada logo's on the boots................

Strange combo, mixing high price Prada boots with what could come from a car boot sale. It's ok for doing some horsering in private but not for attending an official event. Quite sloppy, to be honest. A princess should always make an effort.

Too casual for an oficial event!

Anyone knows were she bought the blouse?It is lovely.. But she is wearing a very casual and informal outfit, maybe for a day in the park or a weekend with her children but not for an official event:ermm:!

I think the outfit totally appropriate for the occasion, being involved with children and swinging on the swing with them, imo she got it right.

I think this outfit is quite appropriate for the occasion, only those ENORMOUS Prada logo's on the boots................

LOL! I actually love the style of the boots. I can do without the 'Prada' on it but the style I like. It's starting to get a bit chillier as the days go on and I can't wait til I can start to wear my fav pair of boots again!

Maybe I am blind but I do not see PRADA on the boots anywhere! In fact, I cannot even see a close-up pic of the boots! Can anyone help me in this department??

What does that have to do with my question re: her Boots????

you might try the fashion thread or the australia vacation pics, i do remember a closeup (maybe at the zoo or the park) and prada was at the top in gold. i'm not fond of the blue top over the cool top underneath, i'd like to see it better. it looks chilly and maybe wet (looks like a raincoat, correct me if i'm wrong) so the outfit is right for being outside with children, but it's not my favorite, it looks more for riding a horse or a walk in the country JMO no biggie,you know i think she's always flawless ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom