Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: May 2010 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are not her nipples, Sternchen is right.;) I loved the dress, what a wonderful job they've done with the embroidery! I agree that the colour is too sugary, but all in all Maxima looked lovely, IMO.

Crown Princess Maxima's soft pink ensemble was lovely. She did a good job of pulling off the big hat. Embroidery was a bit too much to my taste.

Any ideas on the designer of the dress? The embroidery reminds me of her Prinsjesdag dress of last year, which was designed by Jan Tamineau.

I loved the dress, what a wonderful job they've done with the embroidery! I agree that the colour is too sugary, but all in all Maxima looked lovely, IMO.
Exactly my thought, NoorMeansLight! I'm convinced that a different colour, e.g. pastel green, would have brought out that otherwise beautiful floral embroidery (which, by the way, straightens the silhouette) in a less kitschy way for a younger woman like Crown Princess Máxima.

I really love it! I think she looks beautiful!! I don't think its too old, this is a traditional event, so I think its appropriate.

I don't like the embroidery on the dress... but the cut and color is nice. And the hat looks great on her. She pulls hats off very well.

I really like this dress. A pity she didn't wear a smoother bra - it sort of ruined the overall look. Maxima does wear hats very well!
That photo of WA helping her out of the carriage is so beautiful.

I love the dress! And I agree with the consensus that another color might be better suited with Maxima's coloring...but still a winner!

And she does know how to wear hats!

My first thought was, didn't Laurentien tell Maxima to always wear a bra?? I can't believe that she actually would go out on an event like this without a bra, but she needs to experiment with different styles or something, because it's just not working for her. Overall, I just didn't like the look, but she is looking relaxed.

The hat is from Belgian designer Fabienne Delvigne. It is not from the collection but specially created for her.

The hat is from Belgian designer Fabienne Delvigne. It is not from the collection but specially created for her.

Looks like a copy of Philip Tracey's classic hats :)
Its a beautiful hat but a bit too plain/boring looking for that dress.

Lovely dress, one of the few lovely dresses Maxima has. The color works nicely on her & the style & cut are very flattering, actually, looks like she has a small waist line IMO. The embroidery is very pretty, reminds me of Chanel's couture work.

I love the dress, maybe a wee bit busy with the embroidery and the big hat and add the pinky colouring, but only Maxima can pull that off alltogether :p
She has her unique style, genuine and always true to herself from head to toe, and I love her for that!

I really like Maxima's outfit for Prinsjesdag 2010

It's not a bad dress at all. Maxima can pull off almost everything as it seems. But I have to say I'm definitely not a fan of that color. It makes her look so old, IMO. Though she looked lovely and elegant, it rather looks like something made for Beatrix' generation.
The hat is typical Maxima, though. :)

i think the dress from maxima this year looks similar from the last year, may be the samedesigner?

i think the dress from maxima this year looks similar from the last year, may be the samedesigner?

They are not similar in but maybe same color different shades
2009 dress
I think same designer but we will have to wait and see.

Princess Maxima and Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands Addressing the Global Water and Sanitation Challenges during the 65 General Assembly MDG's meeting.
1 -- 2

The dress is Natan, form the NATAN EDOUARD VERMEULEN collection!

Last edited:
Would have been wonderful without the black tights and the shoes.

I agree. Had she not worn those tights and shoes it would've been a good outfit.

Princess Maxima and Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands Addressing the Global Water and Sanitation Challenges during the 65 General Assembly MDG's meeting.
1 -- 2

The dress is Natan, form the NATAN EDOUARD VERMEULEN collection!

She just had to ruin them with extra black tights. That could've been a not bad dress if worn with simple heels and a decent belt that actually was in place on the cut on the waist to cover it up IMO.

My first thought was, didn't Laurentien tell Maxima to always wear a bra?? I can't believe that she actually would go out on an event like this without a bra, but she needs to experiment with different styles or something, because it's just not working for her. Overall, I just didn't like the look, but she is looking relaxed.

Are you sure? She really does not look completely unrestrained to me!!

The dress is very contemporary and chic. It has a very interesting cut that flatters Maxima's figure a lot IMO. She looks lovely once again.

She looks lovely in this chocolate & beige outfit - these colours suit Maxima. The cape is interesting, I like the overall look.

She looks great! I love the outfit and the sunglasses suit her face! The overall outfit was a great choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom