British Royal Christmas 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if the photos have to be taken months in advance to allow them time to sign them all? I assume they send out a large number.

British Royal Christmas 2008-2022

It’s interesting that none of the British Christmas cards have a Christmas theme to them. It could well be that logistically they have to be created some considerable time in advance of Christmas. On the other hand,the Monaco official card has been very festive since the birth of the twins.

I have just found the generic thread for Royal Christmas cards . I’m not sure how or if I can link to it from here but I have posted a message in the thread to bring it in recent messages in the Royal Highlights section.

Last edited:
It’s interesting that none of the British Christmas cards have a Christmas theme to them. It could well be that logistically they have to be created some considerable time in advance of Christmas. On the other hand,the Monaco official card has been very festive since the birth of the twins.

I have just found the generic thread for Royal Christmas cards . I’m not sure how or if I can link to it from here but I have posted a message in the thread to bring it in recent messages in the Royal Highlights section.

I love the Monaco cards, they are really festive, can't wait to see this year's. It's not just that the British ones aren't Christmas themed, the pictures they choose are so bland which makes them doubly disappointing.

Last edited:
Phew, imagine if they didn't! Lol. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get to see Louis this year.

The papers are reporting that Louis will be there this year. Fingers crossed!

Did they skip the traditional family Christmas party? Or did I miss that?

It's usually later than this I think.

Its always around now - I'd say anytime up to Wednesday it could happen. The Queen use to leave for Sandringham around 20th.

Great!

But probably they will spend a part of it with their father and grandfather Andrew Parker-Bowles.

The big lunch is Tues 20th at Windsor according to Telegraph (footnote in another article)

Royals' pre-Christmas lunch
Meanwhile, the Duke of York is expected to join fellow royals at their annual pre-Christmas lunch on Tuesday at Windsor Castle.
Up to 50 members of the wider family are expected to gather at the castle for the private event, which will be hosted by the King for the first time.
The lunch has traditionally been held at Buckingham Palace. It was last held in 2019 after being cancelled for the last two years due to the coronavirus pandemic. Buckingham Palace and a spokesman for the Duke declined to comment.

https://archive.ph/SMFFu#selection-2151.0-2163.230

The first Christmas Day Broadcast by a King for 71 years

The arrival of The Princess Royal and her husband, The Tindalls, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, and The Duke of Kent and his granddaughter Lady Marina Charlotte

Last edited:
This article states the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were left out of the luncheon yesterday. Do we know for certain they weren't invited?

The Mail enjoys drumming up a little drama now and then IMO in order to tantalize its readers.
I believe that like all members of the wider extended family, that the Sussexes had received an invitation to the annual Christmas luncheon as well as one to stay at Sandringham for the holiday.

The Mail enjoys drumming up a little drama now and then IMO in order to tantalize its readers.
I believe that like all members of the wider extended family, that the Sussexes had received an invitation to the annual Christmas luncheon as well as one to stay at Sandringham for the holiday.

Why do you think the wider extended family will be invited at Sandringham for Christmas? The queen didn't invite them, so why would Charles? The luncheon was for the wider extended family (including her cousins and their families), while the Christmas holiday at Sandringham had a more limited attendance. Those invited were the queen's children, grandchildren, greatgrandchildren and her niece and nephew with their children (all with their spouses of course).

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I didn't intend to state that the wider extended family would be at Sandringham. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom