British Royal Christmas 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Almost everyone is there this year! It shows a great support for Charles! Well done!

Loved to see Wolfie too!

Surprised and delighted to see Beatrice's little stepson. He attended the Jubilee of HMQ and also spent time with her at Balmoral last summer.

So he is becoming fully incorporated into British Royal life.

Physically he is clone of his mother Dara.

King Charles III's Christmas message:

Is there a topic for the Christmas message?

Last edited:
I am in Australia and we had it hours ago. It is the last 10 minutes of the evening news here so about 8.30 am in the UK.

The UK is one of the last countries in the world to get it while NZ gets it first and then it airs in the rest of the Commonwealth as Christmas Day unfolds around the world.

I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping that posting your thoughts on the King's speech before others got to see it was a mistake and that you are secretly a palace insider.

Too bad. The family looked wonderful. I miss Princess Anne and hope all is well. It's possible celebrating Christmas in public is difficult after losing her mother. I hope she is spending time with her children and grandchildren.

Merry (Happy) Christmas to all!

Hello Magazine is saying Anne has the flu or a cold. James and Edward were ill last week. Seems she is also human after all.

It was fascinating to see all the various happy expressions on young Prince Louis. I like how he held his mother's hand.

Most likely to be that scheme in schools where everyone designs a Christmas card and then they are taken away to be printed and parents can buy.

Maybe he takes after his grandfather, the King. I believe he also is an artist.

I loved the King's Christmas address.
It was reflective in a respectful way; thankful of the generosity of many hard working people and his talk of Hope in the power of light brought down to Earth on the first Christmas, the birth of Jesus, was deeply meaningful to me as a Christian.
I liked King Charles' connection of light overcoming darkness being central to other religions and belief structures. It was an unifying way to express hope in mankind at Christmas. We can lovingly care for each other through hardships; kindness and condolances are welcome in all spheres.
And how great was Oh Little Town Of Bethleham.
Well done. A thoughtful, optimistic speech.

Seeing the BRF walk to church was cheering in the obviously very cold weather over there.
It is a vigorously fine tradition.

Last edited:
Several videos from walkabout.

Walkabout start at 2:18, several cute moment:
- Mia nudges George's back when she passes behind him, which he ignores 3:42 (her hand gestures :lol:)
- Louise asks for a Paddington picture (a gift) then gives it to his mum so she can show it to a little girls she's been talking to 3:59.

From different angle, Louis asking the picture 4:30

Louis running to his siblings and father, leaving his mum.

Apparently one well-wisher has a posies for Charlotte and asks him to give it to her and a sweet boy he is, he's rushing to his sister straight away.

Louis caught up with his sister and gives her flower.

Last edited:
Several videos from walkabout.

Walkabout start at 2:18, several cute moment:
- Mia nudges George's back when she passes behind him, which he ignores 3:42 (her hand gestures :lol:)
- Louise asks for a Paddington picture (a gift) then gives it to his mum so she can show it to a little girls she's been talking to 3:59.

From different angle, Louis asking the picture 4:30

Louis running to his siblings and father, leaving his mum.

Apparently one well-wisher has a posies for Charlotte and asks him to give it to her and a sweet boy he is, he's rushing to his sister straight away.

I wonder how the children feel having to do those walkabouts and shake hands with total strangers at such a young age. I guess , however, that George and Charlotte in particular must be so used to it by now that it's probably becoming natural for them to do it.

Last edited:
:previous: I wonder the same thing. For a shy child(like George seems to be) it can't be something he truly looks forward to.:ermm:

I think it’s just gradual. You probably start out thinking everyone does this. Censuses in your family they all do. As time goes on you begin to get it.

Not that it is the point, but the new King's first Christmas address was a ratings winner with over10million viewers, the first time it has reached that high for some time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64094088

King Charles's first Christmas message attracted the highest viewing figures this century for the monarch's traditional festive address, overnight viewing figures have shown.

More channels than ever carried the 3pm address - and the combined audience was 10.7 million.

In comparison, Queen Elizabeth II's final Christmas message a year ago was seen by 8.96 million viewers.

The King paid tribute to his mother's work during his first festive address.

He also took the opportunity to reflect on the ongoing cost-of-living crisis, as he spoke of those struggling to pay their bills.

According to figures collated by Sussex University, the audience for the late Queen's annual broadcast dropped below 10 million in the late 1990s and had not climbed that high again.

The true figure will be higher as these overnight figures do not include those watching on catch up services such as iplayer or online on YouTube and the like.

I hope all is well with Princess Anne. But it's odd that she wasn't at Christmas Mass at Sandringham. Almost the entire Royal Family was there.

More photos:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Mike-Tindall-Sandringham-church-service.html

Princess Anne wasn't there because she has a bad cold. Also, Sandringham church is Low Church Anglican, so there is no Mass.

Several videos from walkabout(..)

I've always found it very strange that some folk will spend their Christmas morning watching other people going to church instead of going themselves. This doesn't seem to happen in other monarchies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather stand there and watch them than going into church tbh.

But I would also rather camp on the sofa and read than standing there and watch them.

So it's possibly just a matter of perspective.

What I, on the other hand, find strange is this handing over of gifts and everything or touching and hugging the children.

I've always found it very strange that some folk will spend their Christmas morning watching other people going to church instead of going themselves...

They are not only watching the Royals, but there are touchings too - hand shaking, giving gifts... And have you seen all the folks in mobility scooters and wheel chairs?

In my mind this hides a distant, half forgotten ritual from the days gone by, when it was common 'knowledge', that there is a thing like the "Royal Touch", the ability of the Royals to pull a Shaman thing and cure by touching.

For more: Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_touch

Yep, Solus Deus, but aren't the British Royals since 1000 years on their throne by a higher blessing?:whistling:

I've always found it very strange that some folk will spend their Christmas morning watching other people going to church instead of going themselves. This doesn't seem to happen in other monarchies.

I think a lot live on the estate and are from near by. It’s just tradition for them. I think the feeling has been less people this year and apparently they all hurried away afterwards too.

There are always people who travel to do it for a once off on any given year.

Were any of the Queen Consort's children present for church or lunchat Sandringham?

The didn't walk to church with the family to the second service. There are no pictures of them attending the Divine Service earlier in the day. Who attends the lunch is never revealed as it is a private event.

Of course it's all a private event. However there are usually unofficial photos of family members arriving for lunch or walking to the church... I was just wondering if I missed a few photos.
Alas perhaps they never attended and opted to spend it with their own families.

The photos that are seen are from the lunch that was held at Windsor last week - not for the lunch on Christmas Day itself at Sandringham. Because the Wales' didn't attend that lunch the media barely covered it - photos only of The King and Queen Consort arriving, separately, along with the Tindalls and Wessexs but no one else. When at BP there are often pictures by people standing outside BP of all of the arrivals but that wasn't the case this year.

The only pictures that we get on Christmas Day are the ones of the walk to church.

Because the Wales' didn't attend that lunch the media barely covered it - photos only of The King and Queen Consort arriving, separately, along with the Tindalls and Wessexs but no one else.

The thing about Windsor is that there are many entry and exit points, and not all of them were covered by the media. As a result, there were very few pictures of the members of the family arriving for the annual pre-Christmas lunch.

I am not sure there is any information in the public domain to confirm or otherwise that the Wales family did not attend the pre-Christmas family lunch at Windsor. As they now live on the estate, they could well have arrived and left without being pictured. That said, given the lunch this week took place after the start of the school holidays, they could well have already been at Anmer and not gone to the family lunch.

Were any of the Queen Consort's children present for church or lunchat Sandringham?

The didn't walk to church with the family to the second service. There are no pictures of them attending the Divine Service earlier in the day. Who attends the lunch is never revealed as it is a private event.

I agree, they certainly did not appear to be at the two church services that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Arthur Chatto attend the Christmas church service?

The thing about Windsor is that there are many entry and exit points, and not all of them were covered by the media. As a result, there were very few pictures of the members of the family arriving for the annual pre-Christmas lunch.

I am not sure there is any information in the public domain to confirm or otherwise that the Wales family did not attend the pre-Christmas family lunch at Windsor. As they now live on the estate, they could well have arrived and left without being pictured. That said, given the lunch this week took place after the start of the school holidays, they could well have already been at Anmer and not gone to the family lunch.
I agree that unlike BP there are many entry points at the WC estate so it's likely the media didn't know where the various relatives were arriving from. Therefore we have seen few photos of the attendees.
I tend to believe that the Wales would have been there considering that they've been present in the past and it was the first Christmas luncheon held since 2019.

Last edited:
I agree that unlike BP there are many entry points at the WC estate so it's likely the media didn't know where the various relatives were arriving from. Therefore we have seen few photos of the attendees.
I tend to believe that the Wales would have been there considering that they've been present in the past and it was the first Christmas luncheon held since 2019.

Yes I agree. From the coss section of photos we have seen this would have been a huge family gathering but there are indeed many entry and exit points to the castle so I imagine the media didn't have them all covered. I can't see why the Wales family wouldn't have gone as they always go so it's possible they went in a way other than up the Long Walk. Windsor Castle is especially beautiful at Christmas so I'm sure it was a magical day, especially for the children who were there.

While the photos of the family are lovely and it was so nice to see such a show of support from the family for Charles in his first Christmas as King, the video of Louis calling for Charlotte and handing her the posy was simply the cutest part of the entire thing. Though I have to say, the video of Louis interacting with Camilla was also adorable and shows such a lovely and grandmotherly side to her. While we don't always get a lot of glimpses into her relationship with the Wales children the few we have gotten seem to overwhelmingly show a sweet relationship. It's lovely to see the inclusion, though, of the so many family members including so many of the children, even Wolfie!, and even Andrew. While I'm no fan of his he is still family and though we often hear about a contentious relationship with Charles, it was kind of Charles to include him in the Christmas Day walk. I really think Beatrice looks more stunning every year. Marriage and motherhood suit her well. All in all a very successful Christmas walk with Louis clearly stealing the show.

I can't see why the Wales family wouldn't have gone as they always go so it's possible they went in a way other than up the Long Walk.

The Wales family are usually at the family lunch, so I expect they were there this year as well.

That said, the children finished school on Friday, 16 Dec, and the lunch wasn't until Tuesday, 20 December. Depending on what else they had on, they may well have escaped to Anmer on 17 December.

Back
Top Bottom