British Royal Christmas 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This might not be the place to ask but I wasn't able to watch last year. Are they still doing the Christmas day walk to the church as a family? I liked looking at pictures of that

The family did the walk to church last year - all of them minus the Sussex's. Who will walk this year we will have to wait and see as we have no idea who will be there other than Camilla's children and grandchildren have been reportedly invited so maybe there won't be much of a royal turnout - Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine and the Wales' children while the rest of the royals have Christmas elsewhere.

The family did the walk to church last year - all of them minus the Sussex's. Who will walk this year we will have to wait and see as we have no idea who will be there other than Camilla's children and grandchildren have been reportedly invited so maybe there won't be much of a royal turnout - Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine and the Wales' children while the rest of the royals have Christmas elsewhere.

The Wales family may spend the holiday with Catherine's family this year.

The Wales family may spend the holiday with Catherine's family this year.

They go to Norfolk every year. Sometimes Catherine’s family joins them. I don’t think they have missed a Christmas at Balmoral since they were very newly married.

Posts about the 'Together At Christmas' Carol Service at Westminster Abbey have been mvoed to a new thread, which you can find here.

They go to Norfolk every year. Sometimes Catherine’s family joins them. I don’t think they have missed a Christmas at Balmoral since they were very newly married.

I think the last time was when Charlotte was a toddler. I suspect it’s Sandringham every year now.

Do we know when the BRF family Christmas lunch at BP is this year?

Do we know if Harry and Meghan were invited? I read conflicting reports.

Do we know when the BRF family Christmas lunch at BP is this year?

I've noticed that it's always quite close to Christmas itself, usually only a few days before Christmas Eve. If Charles keeps to this then I'm thinking the middle of next week. It might be at Windsor again, the same as last year

I was wondering the same thing ,maybe its next week?

I am guessing that it will be next week and then expect that TM will be on their way to Sandringham.

I did check and Lambrook's last day for this term in Friday, Dec. 15, so I expect that the King's 3 Wales grandchildren will be present at the luncheon.

I am guessing that it will be next week and then expect that TM will be on their way to Sandringham.

I did check and Lambrook's last day for this term in Friday, Dec. 15, so I expect that the King's 3 Wales grandchildren will be present at the luncheon.

Most schools are closing around the 15th this year, so you are right, the lunch will probably be early next week (Tuesday?).

King Charles hosted the annual Christmas family lunch at Windsor Castle today, December 20:

** dailymail article **

I'm so glad KC is continuing with this lovely tradition. The Queen gave us a glimpse of this event during one of her Christmas broadcasts years ago where we saw some behind the scenes footage. She and Prince Philip were giving out gifts to all the guests before lunch and we got a glimpse of Margarita Armstrong-Jones and Lady Amelia being handed theirs. I think I also remember Sophie showing a baby Louise the baubles on the tree.

Last edited:
Charles hosted a reception at Sandringham House today (Thurs 21) Bet the House looks lovely decorated

Charles hosted a reception at Sandringham House today (Thurs 21) Bet the House looks lovely decorated

I am sure. It is a good idea to facilitate local charities with a reception at Sandringham House at this time of the year.

King Charles, Queen Camilla, Princess Anne and husband Tim attended the Christmas Eve church service this morning:

** dailymail article **

I read on Daily Mail that the Queen’s children are joining the family for Christmas this year! It will be interesting to see if they are walking to church tomorrow!

I read on Daily Mail that the Queen’s children are joining the family for Christmas this year! It will be interesting to see if they are walking to church tomorrow!

I have nothing against Camilla or her children but going by what I read in the media them out there posing with the royal family will go over like a lead balloon in the press. It's better to save the royal photo ops for members of the royal family.

Let the people get used to the fact that present King has a patchwork family, and that this is not the reason to be ashamed.

If the Stepson of Princess Beatrice can asist, children and grandchildren of the Queen can too.

Last edited:
Let the people get sed to the fact that present King has a patchwork family, and that this is not the reason to be ashamed.
They can do as they like but they need to be ready for bad headlines.

Let the people get sed to the fact that present King has a patchwork family, and that this is not the reason to be ashamed.

If the Stepson of Princess Beatrice can asist, children and grandchildren of the Queen can too.

I agree, Camilla's children are in the house party so I think they should go to church with everyone else. You also make a valid point regarding Beatrice's stepson, these are Queen Camilla's actual family whereas that little boy is not related to anyone in the family in any way.

They can do as they like but they need to be ready for bad headlines.

That's ridiculous.
Bad headlines for what ? Enjoying Christmas with the extended family ?

I have nothing against Camilla or her children but going by what I read in the media them out there posing with the royal family will go over like a lead balloon in the press. It's better to save the royal photo ops for members of the royal family.

I am not sure what media you have been reading, a modern blended family. It represents so many families.

I agree, Camilla's children are in the house party so I think they should go to church with everyone else. You also make a valid point regarding Beatrice's stepson, these are Queen Camilla's actual family whereas that little boy is not related to anyone in the family in any way.

He's related to the family in exactly the same way as Camilla's children (and grandchildren) are. He's the son of a BRF spouse. Camilla's children are the son and daughter of a BRF spouse. There's literally no difference.

Are Camilla's children not Catholics, like their father? That doesn't necessarily mean that they won't attend an Anglican service, but most people prefer to attend services of their own denomination.

Back
Top Bottom