British Royal Christmas 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sarah just being... Sarah! Clearly Beatrice felt the need to go and reign her in.

[.....] The late Queen privately liked her but thought better of having her at public outings like this one and you can see why. She can't ever control herself and that's without even bringing up her exploitative, greedy behaviour with regards to her royal connections over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
They seem a happy united family. That all of us could ask for such.

They don’t have to go. They choose too. Says a lot. Particularly of Charles relationships with his cousins. To include Fergie after her year says a lot too.

It's about time they include Fergie. With all that has gone on in the family since she divorced Andrew it seems churlish not to.

I think it was lovely to see Sarah, the family is modern and welcoming. They all seem so contented and happy in each others company. It would have been nice to see Camilla’s family too!

I think it was lovely to see Sarah, the family is modern and welcoming. They all seem so contented and happy in each others company. It would have been nice to see Camilla’s family too!

I think it was a mistake to ask someone who has been caught selling access to the family, as Sarah has done on MANY occasions, but that's just my own opinion. [.....]

I think BRF is right to include Fergie. And Fergie seems to be happy to be participating in BRF events again.

I think BRF is right to include Fergie. And Fergie seems to be happy to be participating in BRF events again.

It's entirely their decision but if that's OK then Charles really can't complain if other family members decide to sell access too.

[.....] The late Queen privately liked her but thought better of having her at public outings like this one and you can see why. She can't ever control herself and that's without even bringing up her exploitative, greedy behaviour with regards to her royal connections over the years.

She has no sense of decorum, but still, it is just attending church.
I doubt she'll be included in other royal events, particularly since Andrew has been sidelined.

Sarah is spending Christmas with her daughters, ex-husband and their extended family - as part of that she is joining them to attend a church service. She is not suddenly back into the fold as a working member of the royal family - her former husband who publicly had to step down from royal duties is also attending church with the family. They cannot help it that somehow attending church has become a spectacle.

Last edited:
It seems that Camilla’s children and grandchildren were not staying at Sandringham in spite of several tabloid reports that they would be. I really didn’t expect them to be there as Tom and Laura seem to enjoy staying at their own homes and their father probably joins them, with Camilla coming later.

[.....] she's Beatrice and Eugenie's mother, and August, Sienna and Ernest's grandmother, and she's recovering from breast cancer. It's not hurting anyone if she spends Christmas Day with the Royals. It's just one day.

Sarah just being... Sarah! Clearly Beatrice felt the need to go and reign her in.

Many people were hoping to have their flowers received by someone in the royal church-going party. Some were disappointed, but those who handed flowers to Sarah were pleased. I’d like to see all those bouquets displayed back at the house! I suppose many of them will be given to local hospitals, care homes, etc.

Rein her in, but reign is funny!

Last edited:
Is there a full list of which royals etc. attended St Mary Magdalene church on Christmas Morning?

Is there a full list of which royals etc. attended St Mary Magdalene church on Christmas Morning?

Not normally.

This isn't an 'official' engagement with all members attending listed in the CC. All the CC usually says is 'divine service' was held at St Mary Magdalene ... but that isn't this service anyway but the earlier service.

How lovely to see members of the family wearing the Highgrove Heritage Scarf and I'm certain it is not a joke gift from KC but a kind gesture to loved family members! I'm sure our wool producers here in Australia will be thrilled too! If anyone is interested, here is a link to some background information - https://discover.johnstonsofelgin.com/our-story/highgrove-heritage-scarf

How lovely to see members of the family wearing the Highgrove Heritage Scarf and I'm certain it is not a joke gift from KC but a kind gesture to loved family members! I'm sure our wool producers here in Australia will be thrilled too! If anyone is interested, here is a link to some background information - https://discover.johnstonsofelgin.com/our-story/highgrove-heritage-scarf

It's expensive-i would have been happy to get that and would have worn it. It even matches my coat!

It's entirely their decision but if that's OK then Charles really can't complain if other family members decide to sell access too.

She’s attending church with family. Like Andrew is. She’s not becoming a working member of the RF again.

It seems like a nice, Christian thing to do.

"£500,000 to open doors...to Andrew", that was Fergie's words. I am astounded that she is allowed to be publicly with the family after that scandal. In fact, bearing in mind that Andrew was essentially working for the Government at the time, she's lucky not to have been legally investigated, as was he, on possible corruption charges. I don't like Meghan Markle for a number of reasons but the Yorks have done far, far more unscrupulous things than she ever did, yet here they are, gadding about with the family as if nothing ever happened. It's a disgrace and I don't know what on Earth Charles is thinking.

"£500,000 to open doors...to Andrew", that was Fergie's words. I am astounded that she is allowed to be publicly with the family after that scandal. In fact, bearing in mind that Andrew was essentially working for the Government at the time, she's lucky not to have been legally investigated, as was he, on possible corruption charges. I don't like Meghan Markle for a number of reasons but the Yorks have done far, far more unscrupulous things than she ever did, yet here they are, gadding about with the family as if nothing ever happened. It's a disgrace and I don't know what on Earth Charles is thinking.

Perhaps he is thinking that we are all sinners in need of forgiveness.

Q

It seems to me Sophie said something similar during her controversy.

Perhaps he is thinking that we are all sinners in need of forgiveness.

It's not really about Charles' personal forgiveness though is it? Fergie was suggesting that Andrew could be bought for the right price in his position as trade envoy for the British Government, an utter disgrace and a scenario that has been ignored in light of the Epstein scandal. I certainly hope that this will be looked at in due course, bearing in mind that taxpayers were funding the Duke of York whilst he gallavanted across the Globe enriching himself and possibly his ex-wife.

Did Arthur Chatto attend the Christmas Day Church Service at Sandringham?

Did Arthur Chatto attend the Christmas Day Church Service at Sandringham?

I think I saw him walking between his brother and uncle, unless I'm mistaken.

It's always nice to the BRF out together. It was really nice to see Sarah, Duchess of York, along with everyone else. With regards to her formerly selling access to the Royal Family...HRH The Duke of York has done much worse with regards to embarrassing the Royal Family and he is still a beloved family member who comes out to family occasions like these. I'm okay with Sarah, Duchess of York not being excluded solely because she's not married into the family anymore.

Along those lines, I do believe that TRH The Sussexes were invited to Christmas but didn't come. I can't imagine HM The King inviting HRH The Duke of York and not the Sussex Family. Given that TRH The Sussexes spend their Christmas holidays in Costa Rica, I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

It would have been nice to have seen HM The Queen's children and grandchildren, but I understand that they're relatively private and have their own Christmas traditions. I'm sure HM The Queen will see them sometime this holiday, and I hope HM The King does as well, given his closeness to her grandchildren.

Now to the fun stuff...it was cute how Mia came with TRH The Wales and was holding HRH Prince Louis of Wales's hand. It's a nice reminder of how close the Wales and Tindalls have been over the years. It's cool that HM The King gave everyone scarves (made in Australia, I believe? That's pretty cool.)

Finally, I noticed that Peter, Savannah, and Isla weren't there this year, and neither was Wolfie. I presume that the latter three are with their mothers and Peter's spending the holiday with his girlfriend's family.

Now to the fun stuff...it was cute how Mia came with TRH The Wales and was holding HRH Prince Louis of Wales's hand. It's a nice reminder of how close the Wales and Tindalls have been over the years.
I always loved seeing pictures of William and Zara together when they were young, so I adore how close their families are now. These were some of my favorite pictures from the day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1SxJX6vG06/?igsh=bms0cmlsbW52cjg0

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1S-XL2stlm/?igsh=eW82OXd2OXZ1ZGN2

Speculation and hypotheticals about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been deleted. Responses to those posts have been deleted too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom