Which Royal Wedding Have You Watched on TV?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks a million pink tulip!!! You're a Gem!

Pink Tulip said:
Here is a link to videos of Mary and Frederick's wedding from TV2.
Click on of the links next to the little television and a videoplayer will open (Realplayer). If you want to watch a different video, click a link under OVERSKRIFTERNE and press play.

Wedding of CP Frederick and CP Mary of Denmark

Here is a link to videos of Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn's wedding. The videos are under LYD OG VIDEO and they are in Windows Media format.

Wedding of Princess Martha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn

The Watcher posted some links to videos of the wedding of CP Willem-Alexander and CP Maxima of the Netherlands here.

agm posted some video links for the wedding of CP Felipe and CP Letizia of Spain here. They are in Windows Media format.

Thanks Pink Tulip;) :)

Charles and Camilla's was the only I've seen and even that wasn't intentional, there was nothing else on TV at the time.

Sean.~ said:
Fleur of Wurrtemberg & Count Goess

quote]

Was this wedding on television? Or did you attend in person?

Prince Andrew, the Duke of York
Infante Elena of Spain
Infante Cristina of Spain
Prince Maurits of the Netherlands
Prince Edward, the Count of Wessex
Prince Philippe of Belgium
Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
Prince Haakon of Norway
Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
Prince Laurent of Belgium
Prince Johan Friso of the Netherlands
Prince Frederik of Denmark
Prince Felipe of Spain
Prince Pieter-Christiaan of the Netherlands
Prince Floris of the Netherlands
Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales (2005)

I have seen the following royal funerals live on tv:

King Baudouin of Belgium
Diana, Princess of Wales
King Hussein of Jordan
Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
Prince Claus of the Netherlands
Queen Juliana of the Netherlands
Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands
Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg
Prince Rainier of Monaco

Last edited by a moderator:
HRH Crown Prince Federick of Denmark to Miss Mary Elizabeth Donaldson
HRH Prince Philipe of Spain to Miss Letizia Ortiz
HRH The Prince of Wales to Miss Camilla Parker-Bowles

I also watched a really shortened verson of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencers wedding.

polop said:
Since in U.S none of these weddings are televised, I was wondering if any of you might have a link where I might see a video from these weddings? Thank-you!!!:) :) ;) :) :)

On page five, I believe, I posted a link to the whole Dutch royal wedding between WA and Maxima. It's probably one of the most romantic and fun royal weddings ever.

GlitteringTiaras said:
On page five, I believe, I posted a link to the whole Dutch royal wedding between WA and Maxima. It's probably one of the most romantic and fun royal weddings ever.

Yes, that is such a great link! I was so happy when I found it somewhere on the boards here, because I had never seen the whole wedding in a row. :)

i watch HM Queen Mother's funeral and im not sure i watch Princess Diana's funerals also

I saw the dvd of Maxima & Willem-Alexander in dvd and Letizia & Felipe...

I can't see the Frederik & Mary wedding because I dont obtain where buy them...

I just saw the wedding of Felipe and Letizia...
I'm the only one who just ssaw one wedding.. well i read that most of you saw a lot of weddings... and i just saw one! :p

Weddings I've seen:

Edward and Sophie (Im not sure if I watched it in its entirety or only parts of it)
Felipe & Letizia
Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor (not on TV though, I saw it live on the internet)
Charles and Camilla

Last edited:
Juanita, you're not the only one to have just seen only 1 wedding! We must be something of a rarity on this forum!

selrahc4 said:
I see there are a couple of others who saw Princess Anne's wedding in 1973.
But, so far, I'm the only one admitting to having watched Princess Margaret's in 1960! ...yikes, giving too much away here :eek:

I too saw Princess Margarets wedding, Princess Anne to Mark, Prince Charles to Diana, Prince Andrew to Sarah, Prince Edward to Sophie and Prince Charles' to Camilla.
I think there were around 600,000 people there for Diana's wedding and only 100,000 for Sarah's, so interest had already waned in the UK.
Princess Margaret's was the first to be televised though.:)

I am embarrased to admit I saw most of them live.:eek:

Last edited:
Little_star said:
Juanita, you're not the only one to have just seen only 1 wedding! We must be something of a rarity on this forum!

Count me in. The only wedding I ever watched from beginning to end was Charles and Diana. I was five at that time. Since then, I never had the patience to sit through those long services. I keep channel-hopping, always missing the crucial bit when they say their vows.

I saw Prince Charles to Princess Diana (some video), Prince Charles to Camilla, Prince Felipe to Princess Letizia, Prince Emanuele Filiberto to Princess Clotilde :)

On Videos:

Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer
Crown Prince Hakkon and Mette Marit
Crown Prince Frederick and Mary Donaldson

On TV:
Prince Joachim and Alexandra Christina Manley
Crown Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz

bigheadshirmp said:
On Videos:
Crown Prince Frederick and Mary Donaldson
Me too, and I watched on videos also the wedding of Prince Willem Alexander and Maxima!! :)

selrahc4 said:
Be honest, now. Did you really see that wedding live on tv? :confused:

Princess Margarets wedding was the first to be shown on TV in 1960. Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip married in 1947.:)

Has anybody taped or bought(DVD/video) any royal wedding?

The first wedding I saw was Alexandra and Joachim, I loved it, so romantic in that beautiful church and in the dark with the snow. What I remember best though was my father who never care about clothes and stuff wondering what birds had been incharge of her hair:p

Then I saw Cristina and Iñaki, which I also loved even if I did not understand what they were saying, but she looked so beautiful and he so handsom and the church was impressive and all looked so grand.

Sophie and Edward in 1999

Haakon and Mette-Marit in 2001. The whole thing was quite surreal, from her interview/confession early in the week, to the emotional wedding on Saturday, watched it with several friends and all needed to get the tissues for the bishops speech:cool: And I loved the dress, and the flower and the dance and how beautiful all the guests looked:eek: I think evening weddings are more fun to watch.

Willem Alexander and Maxima, another very emotional wedding (esp the tango, snieff) and they both looked so happy, but I wish it had been a dance in the end or something like that to finnish it of, after the balconny i wanted more:eek:

Märtha and Ari, a more fun wedding really, mostly because there were so many young guests (except Margrethe who became some sort of grand old lady with all the young ones around her) and the whole mood were much more relaxed than for Haakons wedding, Märtha and ari so happy and in love and Trondheim is much more beautiful city than Oslo, so that contributed as well.

Frederik and Mary, I loved the whole show, noone does it better than Margrethe, all the parties and guests and dresses but the wedding itself did not touch me much except Frederiks tears, I blame it mostly on the bishop who I thought was bad and the female chatterboxes on DR who commented the whole thing.

Felipe and Letizia. I thought the one incharge of the camera should be fired, he seemed more interested in the roof, the paintings, the choir, the musicians, than the couple and their guests, the filming was so bad it ruined the wedding for a TV watcher. Juan Carlos looked like he was going to the dentist, and the rain did not help, and the whole terrorist attack put another damper on the wedding. And the grumpy bishop acted like he was presiding a funeral not a wedding

The last wedding I watched was the blessing of Charles and Camilla. Even if it was modest, and the bride and groom were not exactly young and beautiful I found it very touching and classy, and i especially liked how they went to greet some people afterwords

But ofcourse now Im eagerly awaiting for Victoria to get married, hopefully its an evening thing.

Last edited:
I have watched all 3 Spanish weddings (Elena, Cristina and Felipe) and part of the wedding of Frederik and Mary. All were very beautiful! If I'm honest I only watch them to see the bride's dresses!:lol:

In the States...they have only shown the British Royal weddings..so I saw Chares/Diana, Andrew/Sarah, Edward/Sophie and Charles/Camilla. I would have loved to see the Danish, Spanish and Dutch weddings.

Smilla said:
Count me in. The only wedding I ever watched from beginning to end was Charles and Diana. I was five at that time.
Wow smilla since you were a kid you are into royals .. you were a kid with culture that's good! :flowers:
The only wedding i've seen on TV was Felipe & Letizia's i was 15 by then.. it was the first royal wedding i saw. And like you with Charles and Diana's i watched it from the beginning to end i woke up at 2am.

I've seen the wedding of Alexia of Greece and the wedding of Felipe of Spain on TV.

Hi, only one and that was years ago. but i didn't watch the whole thing, as i was busy, but it was an amazingly long vail. i remember being somewhat impressed by that. really i don't think we here paid attention to these types of things until that event. i think most people at that time thought of royals as something which does not really exist except only in the past or in fairy tales. plus, i don't think they really show these events on a broad scale really either? i haven't really noticed any others, their must be some web sites where one could view some of these maybe?

Princess Maxima said:
Which Royal Wedding have yoiu watched on TV??????????
I sa the wedding of:
CP Pavlos with CP Marie-Chantal
Princess Christina with Don Iñaki
Princess Elena and her husband
Prince Joachim with Princess Alexandra
CP Haakon with CP Mette-Marit
Princess Alexandra of Berleburg with Count Jefferson
Princess Alexia with Don Carlos Morales
CP Frederik with CP Mary
CP Felipe with CP Letezia
Prince Edward with Princess Sophie
CP Willem Alexander with CP Maxima
Princess Märtha with Mr. Ari Behn
CP Frederik with CP Mary
CP Felipe with CP Letizia
CP Charles with Princess Camilla

I saw:
Mette Marit and Haakon
Maxima and WillemAlexander
Märtha Louise and Ari Behn
Claire and Laurent
Mary and Frederik
Felipe and Letizia

On old Videos I saw the wedding of
Beatrix and Claus
Sonja and Harald

Royal Weddings Watched

Weddings I've seen on TV:

Prince Rainier and Princess Grace (shown in US around the time of Charles and Diana's)
Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer
Prince Andrew and Miss Sarah Ferguson
Prince Edward and Miss Sophie Rhy-Jones
Prince Charles and Mrs. Camilla Parker-Bowles

I'll be booking my flight to London as soon as Prince William's wedding is announced. They BETTER NOT pull this Windsor Castle stuff either. They better have William's wedding at St Paul's or Westminster Abbey or I'll be angry. I mean really - he's going to be the sovereign!

Wow, so many of you have seen all of the weddings during the past few years; here in Finland they have only aired the really big ones like Mary & Frederik and Felipe and Letizia. My first memory of a royal wedding is of Charles & Diana's; I also vaguely remember seeing Joakim and Alexandra's on TV. Philippe and Mathilde's didn't air here, but I was in Brussels at the time and saw it live - somewhere there is a pic we took later on where I stand on the church steps on the red carpet with a friend.

Good times.

There are just three really big ones left now, CP William, CP Victoria and HGD Guillaume, and then decades of no royal weddings of that calibre until the now-babies reach the marrying age. Sort of sad really ;)

Back
Top Bottom