The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luana
a little bit late, but i just found this forum :)

A: England
- Diana & Charles (the first RW I saw on TV)
- Edward & Sophie Rhys-Jones

Missed Andrew & Sarah Ferguson's wedding because I was on holiday

B: Belgium
- Philippe & Mathilde
- Laurent & Claire

C: Denmark
- Joachim & Alexandra
- Frederick & Mary

D: Netherlands
- Constantijan & Laurentien (spelling ?)
- WA & Maxima
- Johan Friso & Mabel

E: Norway
- Haakon & Mette-Marit*
- Märtha-Louise & Ari

*my favorite wedding so far. I had to tape it, because I was at the Nürburgring that day. But stupid me forgot to label the tape so it got lost. But I hope that the german tv channel "phoenix" will re-broadcast it someday as they are showing historic events from time to time.

F: Spain
-Elena & Jaime
- Christina & Unaki
- Filipe & Letzizia (I thought that was one of the most boring RW ever)
Did you see all these weddings on German TV?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Nobility

Sophie and Edward
Mary and Frederick
Letizia and Felipe - But in Australia they only had highlights of the wedding so it was only about half an hour long.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Courtier

The first wedding I can remember to have watched was Princess Anne to Mark Phillips. Then of course Silvia and Carl Gustaf, Charles and Diana, Andrew and Fergie. I travelled to London to watch personally the wedding of my favourite Princess Alexia to Carlos Morales but was disappointed, because the best viewing was kept for the press-photographers and some (bought?) greek hurra-shouters. The whole area in front of the church was ONLY for the press....
One of my favourite weddings was also Mathilde an Phillippe because Mathilde acted so warm and tender and so in love!
I liked the wedding of Mette and Haakon very much but just because surprisingly to me Alexia and Carlos were invited and could be seen quite often during the TV-broadcast.
I have a whole three our video-tape of the Danish wedding of Alexandra Berleburg to Jefferson v. Pfeill. (Also because of Alexia....)
Of course I watched also the Spanish weddings, and I agree, Felipe and Letizia were just horrible, the wheather, the bridal dress, no kiss on the balcony a.s.o.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I watched the weddings of the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Crown Prince Willhelm-Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Prince and Princess of Asturias, Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit and of course, HRH Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla.
My favourite weddings are:
1. Charles and Camilla's wedding
2. Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding
3. Wilhelm-Alexander and Maxima's wedding
4. Frederik and Mary's wedding
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Princess Elizabeth & Prince Philips' wedding (I also have HM the Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation on DVD).

Prince Edward & Miss Sophie Reece-Jones' wedding

Crown Prince Frederik & Miss Mary Elizabeth Donaldsons' wedding (recently bought it on DVD)

Prince of Wales & Camilla Parker Bowels' wedding

"MII"

Have never seen Charles & Diana's wedding. I would really like to see it :(
Old 12-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I envie you Margrethe!!! To have seen the wedding and coronation of Elizabeth II, all those jewels around and the old-style royals....the pictures just seem so glamourous and I remember reading a report of a guest, discribing all the jewels, dresses etc, it makes you long for the old days.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
I envie you Margrethe!!! To have seen the wedding and coronation of Elizabeth II, all those jewels around and the old-style royals....the pictures just seem so glamourous and I remember reading a report of a guest, discribing all the jewels, dresses etc, it makes you long for the old days.
I agree Marengo. We definitly dont see the pomp and circumstance of the twentieth century anymore, which I believe to be a huge shame.

Indeed, the glow and sparkle of jewels is quite remarkable on the footage. There is one point where there is a long procession of continental royals on their way into the Abbey and its nothing but diamonds, diamonds & more diamonds. Parures & demi parures are dripping off their wearers and yet the posture that is mainted underneath such splendour is remarkable. They dont walk, they float.

Like you, I often long for the old days myself as they new how to put on a show!

"MII"
Old 12-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Aristocracy

This is a good question. I have watched Diana and Charles wedding. Fred and Mary's wedding; Felipe and Letizia's wedding;Maxima and WA's wedding; Haakon and Mette Marit's wedding;Laurent and Claire's wedding; Mathilde and Phillipe's wedding; Sarah and Andrew's wedding; Charles and Camilla's wedding; Sophie and Edward's wedding; I think that is all. My oh my! This list has me thinking that I am a huge wedding fan.!!!!!!
Linda 85
Old 12-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I have watched:

Felipe & Letizia
Cristina & Iñaki
Frederik & Mary
W-A & Maxima

I would have liked to watch:
Diana & Charles (it was a farse but my mother has never stopped talking about it)
Albert & Paola (they seem to be soooo in love after all these years):p
Old 12-15-2005, 06:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I've watched
  • Charles and Diana (UK)
  • Andrew and Sara (UK)
  • Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar (Spain)
  • Philip and Mathilde (Belgium)
  • Frederik and Mary (Denmark)
  • Felipe and Letizia (Spain)
THE BEST : Infanta Elena & Jaime, wonderfull, simple, touching our hearts, I've cried many times, especially when she ashed her father before to say YES, and how he looked at her.
This image of Juan Carlos, bringing his daughter into the Cathedral, happy and destroyed in the same time, you did not feel the King, but THE FATHER. A wonderful feeling, how these glittering people could be in the meantime SOOO HUMAN.

The second best : Philip and Mathilde, very classy, both shy but so in love..

Frederik and Mary : nice, especially when he cried

Felipe and Letizia : cold !!! very royal !!

Charles and Diana : Now that we know the end of the story, it is soooo sad, I would not watch it again !!!

Old 12-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

I've watched Máxima&W-A's wedding, mary&fred's, Letizia&Felipe

The bests:
1-Máxima&Willem-Alexnader: just beautiful
2-Mary&Frederik
3-Letizia&Felipe: soooooooo boring
Old 12-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Gentry

Charles and Diana (I do remember for me it was like watching a fairy tale wedding at that age: a prince and a princess in flesh and blood, getting married live on TV. I guess I did have the Sissi movies in my mind. I was so excited, I also heard the alarm clock at five o'clock in the morning when I kept complaining every day when I was woke up to go to school!!!!:) )

Elena and Jaime (lovely, moving and Elena looked gorgeous)

Cristina and Iñaki (One of the most joyful, beautiful, moving and romantic weddings I've ever seen!)

Eugenia y Francisco (It's a pity her brother's recent wedding was not broadcasted)

Sophie and Edward (Compared with that of his brothers, quite simple but lovely and romantic)

Mathilde and Philip (Such a sweet, romantic wedding!)

Haakon and Mette-Marit (Like Cristina and Iñaki's, one of the most joyful, beautiful, moving and romantic weddings I've ever seen!)

Martha-Louise and Ari (She did look like a fairy tale princess. I know Mathilde and Letizia wore similar gowns, but she looked truly like one)

Willem-Alexander and Maxima (THE Royal Wedding!!!!:): It was romantic, moving, lovely, joyful and beautiful. Simply beautiful! )

Frederik and Mary (Very moving and romantic!!!!)

Felipe and Letizia (actually, I haven't seen more that 10 minutes each time I tried (don't recall a wedding with so many taped broadcasting on so many International Channels, not just the Spanish and Argentine tv, but CNN and E! as well. If I do not recall wrongly, E! broadcasted it live and repeated it 4 times plus special summaries!. But every time I started to get asleep. I know little Froilan was considered a brat due to his behaviour during it, but if it was so boring for us grown ups, I cannot imagine how the little kids must have felt!!!!!!
It was a pity, because his sisters' weddings were so lovely and beautiful).

Blessing ceremony of Charles and Camilla's civil marriage. One of the most expected and unexpected ones IMO.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I absolutely adore Felipe and Letizia but I have to agree with you guys, that was the MOST boring wedding ever, I live in South America and here the live broadcast started at 3 am, I didn't go to sleep waiting for that and by 6 am I was out of my mind; the only moving part was Letizia's grandmother's lecture (1.13 Corinthians, read it, it's very beautiful and about love and marriage:) ) and when Felipe lent his handkerchief at Letizia (or it was a kleenex, I don't remember that very well)...

In top of everything, we all remembered his sisters' weddings; beautiful, romantic, moving, so Felipe`s wedding was way too stern; also, I think it wouldn't have killed them to REALLY kiss, you know? that cheek thing was not what we all have been waiting for
Old 12-17-2005, 05:58 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Hamzah and noor of jordan
Ali and Rim of jordan
Mohamed and lalla Salma
Haya and Mohamed bin Rashed
Felepe and Letizia of spain
The prince of Wals and Camella
Old 12-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Did you see all these weddings on German TV?
yes I did.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Commoner

Did ZDF show Friso and Mabel 's wedding? Aren't the German channels show the crown princely weddings?
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Did ZDF show Friso and Mabel 's wedding? Aren't the German channels show the crown princely weddings?
They probably did. It's not only the crown princely weddings they broadcast. I'm pretty sure I watched the wedding of Laurentien and Constantijn on German television (don't ask me why, I think I just thought it funny to watch a Dutch wedding with German commentary... )
Old 12-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Gentry

I did watch:
MM and Haakon
Märtha Louise and Ari
Maxima and W-A
Mary and Fredrik
Letizia and Felipe
Camilla and Charles

Favorites:
1.MM&Haakon: Soo beautiful, perfect, nice, great etc etc
2.ML&Ari: It was very beautiful. The only reason i liked this better than M&W-A is that this was on Norwegian.. I hardly can dutch
3.Máxima&W-A: Soo pretty.. all thing was so perfect
4.C&C: Such a beautiful wedding.. *sigh*
5: Mary&Fredrik: I didn't like it so very much.. It was very beautiful but.. a bit boring in the church
6.Letizia&Felipe: one word - booooooooring..!
Old 12-20-2005, 02:52 AM
Courtier

1. Charles and Diana
2. Andrew and Sarah
The only 2 royal weddings that were shown on TV in Spore

3. Frederik and Mary
4. Felipe and Letizia
Watch them on internet...

Wish i cld have seen all the others....
Old 12-20-2005, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

Felipe and Letizia and Maxima and WA