Which Royal Wedding Have You Watched on TV?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charles and Diana; Charles and Camilla
Duke Henry and Maria Theressa
Andrew and Sarah Ferguson
Frederick and Mary
Felipe and Letizia
Naruhita and Masako Owada (I didn't watched it from TV program, thanks for my friend who lent me the tape recording:))

Royal Wedding

I watched
Diana and Charles (29th July 1981)
Fergie and Andrew
Sophie and Edward
Cristina and Inaki
Mette-Marit and Haakon
Maxima and Willem Alexander
Mary and Frederik
Letizia and Felipe

Diana and Charles and Letizi and felipe

Marilene and Maurits
Laurentien and Constantijn
Mabel and Friso
Claire and Laurent
Mathilde and Philippe

And there can well be some others, I remember having seen the wedding of one of the Spanish Infanta's. I think it was Elena's. And I think I saw Diana and Charles with my mother, when I was about two years old. Don't remember it though.

I've NEVER seen Maxima and Willem-Alexander's wedding. :( I wasn't able to see it that weekend. Still hoping to see it on tape one day...

Andrew and Fergie

Anne and Mark

Carl-Gustaf and Silvia

Charles and Diana

Charles and Camilla

Christina and Inaki

Edward and Sophie

Elena and Jaime

Felipe and Letizia

Frederik and Mary

Haakon and Mette-Marit

Joachim and Alexandra

Mathilde and Philippe

Willem-Alexander and Maxima

Glimpses:

Anne-Marie and Konstantin

Margrethe and Henrik

Sophia and Juan-Carlos

… and others

Alexandra said:
Andrew and Fergie

Anne and Mark

Carl-Gustaf and Silvia

Charles and Diana

Charles and Camilla

Christina and Inaki

Edward and Sophie

Elena and Jaime

Felipe and Letizia

Frederik and Mary

Haakon and Mette-Marit

Joachim and Alexandra

Mathilde and Philippe

Willem-Alexander and Maxima

Glimpses:

Anne-Marie and Konstantin

Margrethe and Henrik

Sophia and Juan-Carlos

… and others
Wow!!:rolleyes: Your soooo lucky! I have only see MM and HM of Norway (2001), ML and Ari M. Behn of Norway(2002), Mary and Fredrik of Denmark (2004) and Charles and Camilla of Britan(2005)

Last edited:
I saw Charles and Camilla's wedding on tv...none other than that one:( yet:).

I have seen Prince Frederik and princess Mary, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, and Charles and Camilla.I really would love to watch the wedding of Edward and Sophie.

All of the weddings I've seen are all Windsors:

Princess Margaret (I was just a kid then:D )
Princess Anne
Princess Diana (who hasn't seen that one?:D )
Sarah Fergeson and Prince Andrew
Prince Edward and Sophie
Prince Charles and Camilla

I would love have seen the others but I'm not sure if I could and if I can, I don't know how:(

I saw ( a live on TV ) :

prince Charles and Camilla's wedding
prince Hamzah and Noor
Prince Frederik and Mary
prince felipe and Letizi

I watched (live) on TV:

Charles and Diana (I think my mom let me stay off school, I watched with my aunt)
Edward and Sophie
Frederik and Mary
Felipe and Letizia
Charles and Camilla

Unfortunately until I joined the forum I was unaware of the newer royal couples (Mathilde, Maxima & Mette-Marit) but I don't recall any press regarding their weddings in South Africa.

I vaguely remember Andrew and Sarah Ferguson but I don't remember if I watched live

Princess Margaret, when I was a child. Princess Grace, when I was too young to remember what was happening! Charles and Diana. Fergie and Andrew. Sophie and Edmund. Charles and Camilla. I would love to have seen Mary and Frederik, but all they showed in the States was a few minutes of footage from the wedding. I would also have loved seeing Maxima and Willem's wedding. They are such a lovely couple.

The first ever wedding I saw live on tv was princess Anne's. I was hardly out of diapers at the time, lol! But I remember it.

And then the second one, also live, was a few years later, Silvia and Carl Gustav of Sweden.

Perhaps this is why both brides are among my favorite ever royal brides..

I remember from Silvia and KG's wedding that I was impressed that the couple evidently knew their way around that big cathedral very well! The camera kept on following their every step, from the altar, through side doors, back to..whatever..their walking thru the cathedral after the ceremony seemed to go on and on forever. I thought Silvia was the prettiest, most charming lady I'd ever seen!

I also watched Diana's wedding, but none after that.

June 19,1999
I watch Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding from tapes that my aunt send for wedding tapes and i watch it! its really beautiful wedding but i like Sophie's wedding dress very much!

April 2005
i watch Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding ceremony but almost start ceremony and i watch it ahead it and her dress looks suck but its not white! but i really like her dress very much! its gold and hats.

Sara Boyce

I watched Charles & Diana, Willem & Maxima which was a beautiful wedding. And Felipe & Letizia...I got bored watching it.

a little bit late, but i just found this forum :)

A: England
- Diana & Charles (the first RW I saw on TV)
- Edward & Sophie Rhys-Jones

Missed Andrew & Sarah Ferguson's wedding because I was on holiday

B: Belgium
- Philippe & Mathilde
- Laurent & Claire

C: Denmark
- Joachim & Alexandra
- Frederick & Mary

D: Netherlands
- Constantijan & Laurentien (spelling ?)
- WA & Maxima
- Johan Friso & Mabel

E: Norway
- Haakon & Mette-Marit*
- Märtha-Louise & Ari

*my favorite wedding so far. I had to tape it, because I was at the Nürburgring that day. But stupid me forgot to label the tape so it got lost. :mad: But I hope that the german tv channel "phoenix" will re-broadcast it someday as they are showing historic events from time to time.

F: Spain
-Elena & Jaime
- Christina & Unaki
- Filipe & Letzizia (I thought that was one of the most boring RW ever)

kinneret5764 said:
Charles & Diana
Andrew & Fergie
Edward & Sophie
Abdullah & Rania
Hamzah & Noor
Elena & Jaime
Cristina & Inaki
Haakon & Mette-Marit
Felipe & Letizia
Frederik & Mary

u watched Abdullah and Rania on TV??! the full thing?!

*King Carl XVI and Silvia ( i wasnt even born then but they showed it again a few years ago )
*Princess Märtha-Louis and Ari Behn
*CP Haakon and Mette-Marit
*CP Frederik and Mary
*CP Filipe and Letizia

must say i prefered the King & the Queen's wedding...but it wasnt live live ..of the live live onces...Frederik and Mary's was my fave

saphills said:
I watched Charles & Diana, Willem & Maxima which was a beautiful wedding. And Felipe & Letizia...I got bored watching it.

I didn't see F&L's wedding but do you think may be they tried to keep it very modest and take the joy down a notch because of the Mardrid bombing that took place just before? :rolleyes:

The only one I watched was Edward's and Sophie's. That was boring, and the dress was very disappointing. :(

it could be modest and simple but emotional and warm...

Luana said:
a little bit late, but i just found this forum :)

A: England
- Diana & Charles (the first RW I saw on TV)
- Edward & Sophie Rhys-Jones

Missed Andrew & Sarah Ferguson's wedding because I was on holiday

B: Belgium
- Philippe & Mathilde
- Laurent & Claire

C: Denmark
- Joachim & Alexandra
- Frederick & Mary

D: Netherlands
- Constantijan & Laurentien (spelling ?)
- WA & Maxima
- Johan Friso & Mabel

E: Norway
- Haakon & Mette-Marit*
- Märtha-Louise & Ari

*my favorite wedding so far. I had to tape it, because I was at the Nürburgring that day. But stupid me forgot to label the tape so it got lost. :mad: But I hope that the german tv channel "phoenix" will re-broadcast it someday as they are showing historic events from time to time.

F: Spain
-Elena & Jaime
- Christina & Unaki
- Filipe & Letzizia (I thought that was one of the most boring RW ever)

Did you see all these weddings on German TV?

Sophie and Edward
Mary and Frederick
Letizia and Felipe - But in Australia they only had highlights of the wedding so it was only about half an hour long.

The first wedding I can remember to have watched was Princess Anne to Mark Phillips. Then of course Silvia and Carl Gustaf, Charles and Diana, Andrew and Fergie. I travelled to London to watch personally the wedding of my favourite Princess Alexia to Carlos Morales but was disappointed, because the best viewing was kept for the press-photographers and some (bought?) greek hurra-shouters. The whole area in front of the church was ONLY for the press....
One of my favourite weddings was also Mathilde an Phillippe because Mathilde acted so warm and tender and so in love!
I liked the wedding of Mette and Haakon very much but just because surprisingly to me Alexia and Carlos were invited and could be seen quite often during the TV-broadcast.
I have a whole three our video-tape of the Danish wedding of Alexandra Berleburg to Jefferson v. Pfeill. (Also because of Alexia....)
Of course I watched also the Spanish weddings, and I agree, Felipe and Letizia were just horrible, the wheather, the bridal dress, no kiss on the balcony a.s.o.

I watched the weddings of the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Crown Prince Willhelm-Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Prince and Princess of Asturias, Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit and of course, HRH Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla.
My favourite weddings are:
1. Charles and Camilla's wedding
2. Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding
3. Wilhelm-Alexander and Maxima's wedding
4. Frederik and Mary's wedding

Princess Elizabeth & Prince Philips' wedding (I also have HM the Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation on DVD).

Prince Edward & Miss Sophie Reece-Jones' wedding

Crown Prince Frederik & Miss Mary Elizabeth Donaldsons' wedding (recently bought it on DVD)

Prince of Wales & Camilla Parker Bowels' wedding

"MII"

Have never seen Charles & Diana's wedding. I would really like to see it :(

I envie you Margrethe!!! To have seen the wedding and coronation of Elizabeth II, all those jewels around and the old-style royals....the pictures just seem so glamourous and I remember reading a report of a guest, discribing all the jewels, dresses etc, it makes you long for the old days.

Marengo said:
I envie you Margrethe!!! To have seen the wedding and coronation of Elizabeth II, all those jewels around and the old-style royals....the pictures just seem so glamourous and I remember reading a report of a guest, discribing all the jewels, dresses etc, it makes you long for the old days.

I agree Marengo. We definitly dont see the pomp and circumstance of the twentieth century anymore, which I believe to be a huge shame.

Indeed, the glow and sparkle of jewels is quite remarkable on the footage. There is one point where there is a long procession of continental royals on their way into the Abbey and its nothing but diamonds, diamonds & more diamonds. Parures & demi parures are dripping off their wearers and yet the posture that is mainted underneath such splendour is remarkable. They dont walk, they float.

Like you, I often long for the old days myself as they new how to put on a show!

"MII"

This is a good question. I have watched Diana and Charles wedding. Fred and Mary's wedding; Felipe and Letizia's wedding;Maxima and WA's wedding; Haakon and Mette Marit's wedding;Laurent and Claire's wedding; Mathilde and Phillipe's wedding; Sarah and Andrew's wedding; Charles and Camilla's wedding; Sophie and Edward's wedding; I think that is all. My oh my! This list has me thinking that I am a huge wedding fan.!!!!!!
Linda 85

I have watched:

Felipe & Letizia
Cristina & Iñaki
Frederik & Mary
W-A & Maxima

I would have liked to watch:
Diana & Charles (it was a farse but my mother has never stopped talking about it)
Albert & Paola (they seem to be soooo in love after all these years):p

I've watched

• Charles and Diana (UK)
  • Andrew and Sara (UK)
  • Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar (Spain)
  • Philip and Mathilde (Belgium)
  • Frederik and Mary (Denmark)
  • Felipe and Letizia (Spain)
THE BEST : Infanta Elena & Jaime, wonderfull, simple, touching our hearts, I've cried many times, especially when she ashed her father before to say YES, and how he looked at her.
This image of Juan Carlos, bringing his daughter into the Cathedral, happy and destroyed in the same time, you did not feel the King, but THE FATHER. A wonderful feeling, how these glittering people could be in the meantime SOOO HUMAN.

The second best : Philip and Mathilde, very classy, both shy but so in love..

Frederik and Mary : nice, especially when he cried

Felipe and Letizia : cold !!! very royal !!

Charles and Diana : Now that we know the end of the story, it is soooo sad, I would not watch it again !!!

Back
Top Bottom