Which Royal Wedding Have You Watched on TV?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only royal wedding I have been able to watch live on TV is the Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding in 1999.

I have only managed to watch other royal weddings via magazines and photographs posted on the internet.

Most watched Royal Wedding

Whichwas the Royal Wedding most watched in history?

I think Charles and Diana wedding

I was going to say that, but I don't know for sure, I'm guessing that would be it.

I think princess Grace of Monaco and Prince Rainier
she was a movie star famous in america and become a princess
press press pictures xD
but the wedding of Charles and Diana is in the history toooo;)

Paula** said:
press press pictures xD

I believe it was estimated that more than 1 billion people watched Diana and Charles--My Mother and I included!!

750 million watched Andrew and Sarah.

and also Prince Edward and Sophie-Rhys Jones married in June 19,1999 but im not sure how many people watch Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding?

Sara Boyce

I also think of Prince Charles and Princess Diana's Wedding.It was the "Fairy Tale" Wedding.It was really glorious Wedding.

Maybe not a suprise Diana and Charles.

What about Maxima and Wilhelm?
In addition to the European public, it was much regarded in the South American world.
I have no figure though...

Paula** said:
press press pictures xD

Grace and Rainier's wedding was only watched by 300 million people. Now mind you, this was back in what...1956/57? ...so...

I would go with Charles and Diana.

Last edited:
Idriel said:
What about Maxima and Wilhelm?
In addition to the European public, it was much regarded in the South American world.
I have no figure though...

Yes, but i don/t know how many..

I think the most one was Charles and Diana.In the recent years would be Frederik and Mary,and Felipe and Letizia.

i watch prince edward marry sophie in 1999. i have their wedding on tape. i wasnt around when charles and diana got married. i was born a month before prince william was. i was only 4 years old when prince andrew married sarah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:

The Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding was the first wedding I watched properly. I watched it with my Grandmother who went mad when the commentator said, "And all the bridesmaids are commoners of course".
Then I watched Frederik and Mary's and I was hooked. The recent one was Charles and Camilla's but I was actually in Windsor so I watched my recording of it when I got back! :D

Oh wow! I remember seeing Princess Anne and Mark Phillips in 1973. I was 10 years old at the time but remember getting up early to go to school and just being in time to see Princess Anne curtsey to the Queen.

After that, Charles and Diana, I was working during the summers at a hospital and it was on all the channels. Another summer working at the hospitals was when I saw Andrew and Fergie.

Nice to read all the stories. The first royal wedding I saw .. on TV was Diana and Charles and for me was it a very beautiful wedding (1981). I was al little girl..:) only 2 years old!

Prince Maurits & Marilene lovely wedding
Prince Bernhard & Annette
Prince Philippe & Mathilde is one of my favourite weddings
Prince Constantijn & Laurentien
Prince Haakon & Mette-Marit
Prince Willem Alexander & Maxima great memories
Prince Laurent & Claire
Prince Johan-Friso & Mabel
Prince Frederik & Mary
Prince Felipe & Letizia
Prince Pieter Christiaan & Anita

Well I'm one of the few who saw Princess Anne marry Mark Phillips. I was seven years old at the time. I remember trying to explain to my teacher, an Irish nun, that my mother "made" me watch an English princess get married. Sister Anne was not amused! I have seen the weddings of Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah, and Edward and Sophie on TV. I did see a video of Willem-Alexander and Maxima's wedding this year.

Re:

I loved seeing the various guests arrive for the party before the wedding of Letizia and Felipe. Seeing Queen Anne-Marie of Greece running across the pavement from the car to the door in the rain was hilarious!

I have the DVDs of Mary and Frederik's wedding and of Letizia and Felipe's wedding. I don't speak Danish, but the DVD is still very nice and it even has a bonus DVD with Danish weddings from the past (Henrik and Margrethe, Benedikte and Richard, Anne-Marie and Constantine, Alexandra and Joachim, Alexandra and Jefferson, and Frederik and Ingrid). The DVD of the royal Spanish wedding is also very nice and since I speak Spanish, it was a little more interesting.

Weddings/Blessings I watched live on TV

Princess Margaret
Princess Anne
Prince Charles(1981)
Prince Andrew
Prince Edward
Prince Charles(2005)

I saw
Edward & Sophies
Part of Felipe and Letizia
Part Of Haakon and Mette Marit
Willem Alexander and Maxima well part of it
Andrew and Fergie (well old footage if that counts same with the Princess Royal weding) Charles and Diana Charles and Camilla and Frederik and Mary

I see there are a couple of others who saw Princess Anne's wedding in 1973.

But, so far, I'm the only one admitting to having watched Princess Margaret's in 1960! ...yikes, giving too much away here :eek:

Felipe and Letizia's last year! :)

I have seen the weddings of The British royals.

1981: Charles and Diana. I remember being up at 4:30am to watch the wedding live on Tv with my mom when i was 8 yrs old.
1986: Andrew and Sarah again up at 4:30am .
1999: Edward and Sophie: I watched this wedding with my husband.
2005 April- Charles marriage to Camilla.
I have see all of the Queen's children get married with the exception of Anne because I was only a baby when she got married. I did see parts of it on Tv years later.

Last edited:
I have only watched two. Sophie and Edwards and Charles and Camilla's.

Alexandra & Joachim (Denmark)
Mary & Frederik (Denmark)
Mette-Marit & Haakon (Norway)
Letizia and Felipe (Spain)
Camilla & Charles (UK)
Maxima & Willem-Alexander (Nederlands)

Seen clips of weeding between:
Diana & Charles (UK)
Margrethe & Henrik (Denmark)
Anne-Marie & Konstantin (Greece)

More? Hm....don't remember

Mathilde - Philippe (Belgium)