Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
appaling seaming, heavy and shiny fabric and an unflattering cut: it has all the characteristics of Natan indeed.

Modekoninginmaxima shows a simular dress of a model of Natan:
Slotviering 200 jaar Koninkrijk | ModekoninginMaxima.nl

I actually like the model's dress better...maybe different material, sleeves and color make all the difference? on that one i don't even mind the butterflies (too much..)

appaling seaming, heavy and shiny fabric and an unflattering cut: it has all the characteristics of Natan indeed.

Modekoninginmaxima shows a simular dress of a model of Natan:
Slotviering 200 jaar Koninkrijk | ModekoninginMaxima.nl
I actually like the model's version (black), but the pinkish color with the black butterflies on Maxima is aweful. I agree with Marengo abuot eh seaming, fabric and cut. Her hair looks great though.

The black version of this dress would have been much more flattering, but Maxima seems to always flock to the more stand out looks. That's why she's so great to me. She's not afraid to take chances, and wears what she likes.:flowers:

I totally agree, Duke! I don't like anything about Maxima's outfit. Most unflattering.

My lord.. even Mette Marit knows to put the black stockings/black shoes away when she's meeting foreign dignitaries.

I don't know what she thinking when she wore that . Unflattering outfit and this shoes hide them her Majesty.

I have to chuckle. I try very hard to not compare the ladies. Because we all should have the freedom to make choices and have a style of our own. I really do believe that just because I don't like it does not mean it is a fashion disaster.
That said, I also DETEST blue-blue flowers on a dress print. I mean roses or other flowers that don't exist in the real world. Why invent flowers in colors that don't exist (it is the botanist in my background)?
Anyway, I HATE the blue flowers on the First Lady's dress. But I HATE Max's opaque hose even more.
But together, they are cute to the max :)rofl:) on a day that there are world issues that have huge implications for the future. They are smiling and enjoying one another's company. It gives me hope.
For those of you who do not follow my First Lady, she almost never carries a bag, at home or abroad. She has figured out what to do with her hands in pictures. I hear she is doing a tutorial video for YouTube. :ROFLMAO:

i like maxima's dress and accessories, but the black tights and those shoes should have stayed at home and buried back in her closet. i think otherwise it is a nice look, had it been combined with maybe some classic black or beige pumps and nude tights.

I think I need to look at some of the latest fashion magazines because I am getting the impression that black stockings are "in" this season at least with the royals of Europe. We went thru a period of nude shoes and tights/stockings with everything but that seems to be changing imo.

I just dont like anything about this outfit

Maxima outfit is terrible, especially the black tights. Her hair and smile look nice. I Love the First Lady,s dress

Horrible black tights the winged black shoes .. agree Michelle Obama looks lovely

Whats with the black tights? I also don't like the necklace or shoes and the dress is just ok.

Tights just don't look good for evening or more formal outfits

Mmmmm not one of her best looks , might look better with nude tights and different shoes

The tights are too dark a nice sheer nude would have been good and do those shoes have bows with peep toes just no.

In the minority here, but I like both ladies outfits! That said, I like FLOTUS dress more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regal and stunning. I love this dress. Very conservative for State visit too.

Firstly, I'm so glad Queen Maxima has recovered from her illness. Kudos to her for carrying on.

Now the dress - I'm thrilled with it. Maxima's style is using symbolism quite a lot these days or designs inspired by art. I imagine many people thought (including myself) that she would go down the route of wearing red to the State Banquet, but I think we saw enough red already at another state banquet :)
I wouldn't say she is literally flying the flag of the Netherlands, but wearing a Van Gogh is pretty close!

Last edited:
The Queen already was inspired by the Japanese Salon at Huis ten Bosch Palace. I more or less expected a similar dress, but now inspired by the Chinese Chamber at Huis ten Bosch (see picture), the green would colour very well with the emeralds. But a Van Gogh painting is very clever too...

She looks fabulous. I like how the dress style is relatively simple allowing the print in the skirt to stand out.

The Queen was stunning. The dress perfect and beautiful the inspiration.

I dont like the dress nor the colors, I find the colors boring.

I dont like the dress nor the colors, I find the colors boring.

It is a painting by Van Gogh when he was in St Rémy de Provence... and the Queen wore the colours he himelf painted

:lol:

No copyright - Vincent van Gogh (Olive orchard near Saint Rémy 1889)
Van-Gogh-Olive-Orchard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom