Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

EACH has multiple patrons and ambassadors. Kate is the Royal patron

https://www.each.org.uk/about-us/eac...nd-ambassasors

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 06-23-2016, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, certainly all major charities have more than one patron. It is a shame, because of who Kate is, that the work of the other patrons goes over looked. Kate gets glorified as the 'organizer' of the event by the press, when she simply attended, and patrons like Emma who actually spent the hours planning the event, or the Marquis and Marchioness who opened their doors, get little applause.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes, certainly all major charities have more than one patron. It is a shame, because of who Kate is, that the work of the other patrons goes over looked. Kate gets glorified as the 'organizer' of the event by the press, when she simply attended, and patrons like Emma who actually spent the hours planning the event, or the Marquis and Marchioness who opened their doors, get little applause.
Royal patrons always get top billing. It's no different if it's the Queen, The Duchess of Cambridge or Prince Harry.

Harry got 'glorified' for Invictus despite all the work being done by the volunteers in Orlando, I didn't recall you complaining about that.

EACH ambassador, the author Anthony Horowitz, said about Catherine,

"The Duchess is a wonderfully active, involved and enlightened royal patron to EACH."

Can't ask for better than that.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't see any articles saying Kate planned it. Richard Palmer's Daily Express article clearly gives that credit to Emma.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Royal patrons always get top billing. It's no different if it's the Queen, The Duchess of Cambridge or Prince Harry.

Harry got 'glorified' for Invictus despite all the work being done by the volunteers in Orlando, I didn't recall you complaining about that.

EACH ambassador, the author Anthony Horowitz, said about Catherine,

"The Duchess is a wonderfully active, involved and enlightened royal patron to EACH."

Can't ask for better than that.
There was plenty of coverage of the volunteers, both in American and US papers. Harry himself made sure to direct focus where it should be.

I have never said royals should not get credit, certainly not here. Simply that the hard work of the charities other patrons should be recognized. I agree she has done fabulous work. Just that credit needs to be fairly given to all.

BTW even if she showed up to 1 meeting in 5 years and picked her nose the entire time, what do you think they would say about a royal patron? No I am not saying she did that, or is not dedicated. Simply anyone asked about a royal patron is going to glow.

Quote:
I didn't see any articles saying Kate planned it. Richard Palmer's Daily Express article clearly gives that credit to Emma.
I was responding to a poster who had the impression Kate was the 'organizer of the event' based on what she had read. Plain and simple. Just pointed out she was just a guest.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ Catherine is the royal patron of EACH, she launched the Nook Appeal in 2104. Many of the people there paying 10k a plate did so in order to mingle with royalty.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
EACH has multiple patrons and ambassadors. Kate is the Royal patron

https://www.each.org.uk/about-us/eac...nd-ambassasors

Thank you for sharing the facts about the patrons for EACH Skippyboo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
^^^ Catherine is the royal patron of EACH, she launched the Nook Appeal in 2104. Many of the people there paying 10k a plate did so in order to mingle with royalty.
Hoping that we'll hear the amount that was raised for EACH very soon.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it was pretty much known that Catherine wasn't the one that put this event together. It was friends of the Cambridge's (the Marquess & Marchioness of Cholmondeley) that hosted the event their country home though. The media made sure to highlight those who put this event together. The Cambridge's was guest of honor. Of course of Catherine being EACH's royal patron.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Does any member of the BRF personally organise the charity galas they attend?

Why all of a sudden is it an issue with Catherine. She went to a fundraising gala on behalf of her patronage and it's becoming a federal case that others aren't getting their due.

It will be interesting to see if this happens at the next royal gala.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is the event info from Each. There was a volunteer committee lead by Emma and a events company.

Plenty of praise for the hosts, committee and special guests

https://www.each.org.uk/support-us/f...-a-big-success

Old 06-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know why some are trying to make who organized this charity event an issue. The charity and the media has made it pretty clear about those who put this event together. No one (that I know of) has tried to make it seem like Catherine is the one that put this event together.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-23-2016, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

I think now is the perfect time to move on from the analytical debate on who organised this event and in what capacity Catherine attended. As a reality check, in all the thousands of charity events attended by royal patrons throughout the world it has never been an issue before and really doesn't need to be an issue in connection with Catherine's patronages.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

A very good quote from Emma Deterding on Catherine's involvement with EACH-
World of Windsor : Kate and William were “on very good form,” says...

I do think the media don't give Catherine lots of credit on her work with the children hospice movement. They talk a lot about her wardrobe, but very little about her work on behalf of EACH and her other patronages. I think this lack of focus on her work which leads to people think she's not doing much.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
News Report on EACH Fundraising Event-
Five top chefs prepare a banquet fit for a future King | Anglia - ITV News

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-30-2016, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke and Duchess Cambridge EACH Gala raised more than £400,000-
Prince William and Duchess of Cambridge attend EACH gala which raised more than £400,000 - News - Eastern Daily Press

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-30-2016, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Excellent news. I realize that the final total has not been announced,but I'm pleased to see that EACH will likely be receiving such a large sum.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

AVENUE Magazine @AVENUEinsider
Inside the gala in aid of @EACH_hospices, with The #DuchessofCambridge & #DukeofCambridge. Video by Dickins & Hawkes

https://twitter.com/AVENUEinsider/st...91409348517888
Old 07-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Commoner

My guess is that anyone who has a gala to benefit a charity would call a planning service, and just be available to approve the plans. I don't think a marchioness would be involved in arranging all the help, tables, dishes, menu, etc. unless she calls to request a donation of services. The family isn't scrambling around setting the table before the guests arrive (like I would be).
Old 12-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

EACH @EACH_hospices
Sir Martyn Lewis is reading a message to guests at the Gala Dinner from Our Royal Patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge #thenookappeal

EACH ‏@EACH_hospices
“Thank you all so much for supporting EACH, a wonderful organisation of which I am incredibly proud to be Patron” The Duchess of Cambridge

EACH ‏@EACH_hospices
"I am in no doubt the nook will make a huge difference to thousands of children and families for many years to come" #thenookappeal

EACH ‏@EACH_hospices
"I hope you all have an enjoyable evening and are able to continue helping EACH move ever closer to achieving their vision" Our Royal Patron
Old 01-13-2017, 07:29 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5m5 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) in Quidenham, Norfolk, on Jan 24.