The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 11: November 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks amazing-the color is very flattering and I love how the earring and necklace set
enhances the overall look. I think if she'd gone for more elaborate jewelry and hairstyle it would have detracted from the impression but this is perfect.

Random stuff: Come across this photo of Margaret on Pinterest and it immediately reminds me of Kate's Bahamas gown.

https://pin.it/7ypBPCN

Nothing special imho. I am glad I am not wearing that dress. Very few people could pull it off. I think she could have (although it would still have been rather boring) had she done something different with her hair.

I mean William by her side how can you go wrong .. they look amazing together a real team ... but oh my that gown ... one word .. stunning

Really lovely gown and earrings but wish she'd have done something nicer with her hair.

Stunning was the first word that came to my mind too. Those earrings are gorgeous.

She looks very great ! With a figure and a face like hers she would look wonderful in anything of course !

Maxima had worn something similar before?

I was hoping something old and don't really care this one.

Unsure about the dress. It died show case her figure and muscles really well. Make no mistake-she works out hard for that body.

I find the hair with the middle part but too severe.

I love the dress. The hair with the middle part and those rather underwhelming (imho) earrings causes the DoC to lose a point or two.

Those are the same earrings she wore during the Caribbean tour. And once again she had the severe middle part with a beautiful evening gown.

I love the dress. That's it.

Her hairstylist needs to stop with that style - it does not suit her at all. I don't know if it's the lighting, but her makeup makes her look very severe - I think years of sunbaking/tanning are really taking a toll on her skin. Let this be a lesson to all of the TRFs posters in their 20s - look after your skin now and it will look after you in your 40s and beyond. Resist the temptation of tanning because it will come back and bite you! Always be sunsmart (it's drummed into our heads from a very very young age here in Australia!).

I would love to know her strength training regime!

I dont think the dress was appropriate for this function. I wonder what the Queen thought. the straight long flat hair style again does not suite Kate at all. I wish Prince William had taken the lead and helped Kate manage the stairs instead of the other guy. I wonder if Kate has a new person helping her with clothes and styles. JMOO

She was perfect!! Top Gun and Tom Cruise ;) there she was perfect for this premier!!!!!

The dress suits Kate very well but the hair ... terrible middle parting and flat. But it seems to be a trend with royal ladies now.

Per UFO No More link:

The Duchess of Cambridge wore a new Roland Mouret gown with her Prada pumps and Alexander Mcqueen clutch. She also wore new Robinson Pelham earrings

I dont think the dress was appropriate for this function. I wonder what the Queen thought. the straight long flat hair style again does not suite Kate at all. I wish Prince William had taken the lead and helped Kate manage the stairs instead of the other guy. I wonder if Kate has a new person helping her with clothes and styles. JMOO

I am just jealous my figure wouldn't carry it, do you prefer the more sparkly look.

I dont think the dress was appropriate for this function. I wonder what the Queen thought.

What element of the dress did you think was not appropriate for the event?

The dress suits Kate very well but the hair ... terrible middle parting and flat. But it seems to be a trend with royal ladies now.
I agree that the middle parting and extreme flatten down hair is now the "thing" in all age groups. I have now seen older women in high end shops sporting this old-fashioned style. I have yet to see one woman that a side or no parted hair style would certainly have made them look better. In my opinion this middle part gives an almost severe stern effect. Thank heavens that Catherine's smile brilliantly overshadows that impression most of the time. JMO

The hairdo is really quite ageing and only looks good on those 15 and under. The dress accentuates her super slim figure and doesn't really help her either. It was made with someone with a curvy figure. A real miss for me.

Not being a fan of abundant, voluminous, bouncy curls over her shoulders I would pick that style in a minute over the centre part helmet hair look, well either that or one of her elegant updos.

This minimalist sharp, almost ironed effect of her hair made her face look very angular, there was no softness there which has been her trademark for most of her adult life. She looks so flat she could almost turn sideways and we would miss her. The gown is just too radically different from the image she has projected during her adult life to date and now, suddenly this literally "flat" look from her hair to her toes disguising every female curve.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Platinum Party at the Palace this evening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom