Countdown! The Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital: 22 July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 14m
One of Prince William's PPOs has returned to the #LindoWing with a large bag of Marks & Spencers food supplies...#GreatKatewait continues.

Tim Ewart ‏@EwartRoyale 15m
The wait at the Lindo 8 hours after Kate admitted. No news yet. Diana was in labour here for 16 hours in '82 pic.twitter.com/GEEtT3buIC

Yes, but how long was Carole in labor with her children? She's the one with the biological link to Kate. I don't know if that matters or not.

Do you think the whole media coverage thing will also happen at a possible second pregnancy?

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 9m
If the baby is born today there'll be a 41 gun salute at Green Park and a 62 gun salute at the Tower of London tomorrow afternoon#RoyalBaby

Ooh, hopefully Catherine won't be in labor too long. Can't wait for the little prince or princess to arrive!

If the baby is born today there'll be a 41 gun salute at Green Park and a 62 gun salute at the Tower of London tomorrow afternoon#RoyalBaby
equal for a girl and a boy?

equal for a girl and a boy?

Since regardless of the baby's gender, they will be monarch after William, and because it didn't specify gun salutes according to gender, let's assume that yes, they will be.

Cant wait for the birth announcement !!! :)
Happy birthday Zonk <3

Every birth is different babies have their own time table. It doesn't matter about wills birth or Kate's the baby will come when it is good and ready barring any complications.

The press will be there whenever Kate has a baby that will not change.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
At York Minister well-wishers shouted congratulations to Charles. He asked if they knew something he didn't. "It's triplets," joked one.

Arthur Edwards ‏@ArthurJEdwards 12m
Waiting for Baby Cambridge. It's extremely hot. Should baby be born today it's star sign is Cancer tomorrow it's Leo pic.twitter.com/FYmhadfIWY

Last edited:
I hope the baby can be here soon, lets hope it's still today.

Jewish royal friends will have a special reason to toast the baby if it arrives today, the 22nd, which is Tu B'Av. This feast day is called the "happiest day on the calendar." It celebrates the restoration of the tribe of Benjamin and is a traditional day for weddings in Israel.

I guess HRH Baby C will arrive before my 23rd of July birthday--unless I lived in Australia, where I think it already the 23rd of July.

Last edited:
twins-3348.gif
Out of curiosity what would they do if it was twins? I know it's not ( and that was one of the theories behind the real life "man in the iron mask" who was arrested under the name Eustache Dauger in 1669 or 1670 - he was King Louis XIV's identical twin brother hence the mask - anyway, way off the topic) what would they do?

chaplin.gif

Air conditioning

Does the Lindo wing or indeed any part of any hospital in London have air-conditioning? I seem to recall that hospitals in Paris don't have ac because they feel it would spread germs.

If it's twins, the heir is the first one out into the world. If a caesarian were performed, they say the doctor would be the "king maker" by choosing which baby comes out first, but I suppose even that way there would be an obvious one because of position--maybe.

Oh this is SUCH wonderful news to wake up to!!! I'm kind of glad she didn't have the baby yet - I want to be awake when she has it. Still hoping it is a girl, but either way will be wonderful.

I hope Kate has a safe, uneventful labour.

they say the doctor would be the "king maker" by choosing which baby comes out first,
What an honor!
Still hoping it is a girl,
Me too. Although as it doesn't matter for the parents, it shouldn't bother us.
I wonder what if royal baby is born unhealthy, can it be an heir? I mean serious illnesses such Down syndrome or another genetic anomaly.

Last edited:
twins-3348.gif
Out of curiosity what would they do if it was twins? I know it's not ( and that was one of the theories behind the real life "man in the iron mask" who was arrested under the name Eustache Dauger in 1669 or 1670 - he was King Louis XIV's identical twin brother hence the mask - anyway, way off the topic) what would they do?

IF it were twins, the birth announcement would read, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a baby boy/girl at xx:xx pm weighing y.y kilograms and a baby boy/girl at xx:xx pm weighing y.y kilograms.

The first-born would be the heir and the second-born the spare.

But since the Palace announcement regarding her pregnancy earlier this year read "expecting a baby in July", it is highly unlikely that she will have twins.

Jewish royal friends will have a special reason to toast the baby if it arrives today, the 22nd, which is Tu B'Av. This feast day is called the "happiest day on the calendar." It celebrates the restoration of the tribe of Benjamin and is a traditional day for weddings in Israel.

I guess HRH Baby C will arrive before my 23rd of July birthday--unless I lived in Australia, where I think it already the 23rd of July.

If the baby doesn't arrive for my birthday, it will be awesome if he/she arrives for yours!

I keep hitting refresh on the all news sites waiting for an update....but the baby will come when he/she is ready.

I hope you have a great Birthday!

And thanks to all for the birthday greetings.....

at xx:xx pm weighing y.y kilograms and a baby boy/girl at xx:xx pm weighing y.y kilograms.
Kilograms? Not pounds? And why is it never said height of a baby, only weight?

Gotta say... the temptation to switch a boy and girl would be strong to make the girl the heir even if she comes second.

Is it not pounds? I can't remember the wording on the template but they tend to work in pounds here when talking about a baby's weight.

Any time now and we will have the 3rd in line to the throne... How exciting!!!
Praying that Kate has a smooth, uncomplicated and uneventful delivery!!! I'm sure Diana would have been so proud looking down upon them from the heavens :)

I feel like this is a little bit like the calm before the storm...

Any time now and we will have the 3rd in line to the throne... How exciting!!!
Praying that Kate has a smooth, uncomplicated and uneventful delivery!!! I'm sure Diana would have been so proud looking down upon them from the heavens :)

It is very exciting and I agree, Diana would be very proud of William & Catherine and the baby. I'm sure she's breaking out in a ballet dance over the excitement.

I don't know about the british, since this baby is the heir born in a long time, but I've seen the other monarchies, and as far as I can remenber Elisabeth, Amalia, IA, Christian, Leonor, Estelle and all their siblings were known the weight and height of all of them when they were born.
I think we will know Baby C both weight and height as well.

My thoughts and prayers are for a safe delivery........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom