The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Aristocracy

So I wonder if the Queen will show up to see the new little Royal while Catherine is in the hospital?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
So I wonder if the Queen will show up to see the new little Royal while Catherine is in the hospital?
From the comment she made about hoping the royal baby is born before she leaves, I assume she does have plans to do so. But who knows. We will wait and see.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Courtier

Oh how nice he or she will be born before the Queen goes on holidays. Firsts usually take awhile but I hope for Kate's sack it isn't too long and for ours. LOL
Old 07-22-2013, 06:05 AM
Commoner

Just heard the news and I am so excited.
This brought memories back of my first childbirth.
A hot summer day and 30 hours of labour.
I hope and wish that everything will go fast and well for her.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post

It can. It took two hours and half for my mother to deliver her first child after the labour's beginning.
Yeah I know :) I was saying that I cannot be that lucky to see the royal baby so fast lol... I am very impatient

Hope everything goes well :)
Old 07-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think so, yes. She did the same with Diana, when Wills was Born.
BYe Bine
Old 07-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Watching the telegraph's Lindo Wing cam, I spotted the bbc's Peter Hunt and Sky's Paul Harrison photo bomb it already. You can hear a bunch of chat now from the press. Hearing people do their live shots. It is fascinating. I think the one reporter doing her live shot nearby from Australia from the accent.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:33 AM

Glad I'm not the only one GLUED to the live shot. It had a lot of buffering around the top of the hour but it seems to have settled down again.

If I remember correctly (used to live there) they are smack across the road from A&E (Emergency) Dept. so no wonder it's busy there, but this is hilarious at times... OH the humanity!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 2m
#royal #kate #Charles tells #SkyNews - "no news yet"

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Aristocracy

I'm watching the coverage as well... hope to catch a glimpse of someone arriving... or the people leaving to put up the notice. Though I don't know how much longer I can hold out without at least a nap... its 2:37am here in Arizona lol
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 AM

Anyone who's anyone would be using the Cambridge entrance, it's to the left of the live shot and up a little gated private lane. This end of the lane isn't much to look at, but if you go around the block it has a fancy gate and is quite nice. I find it interesting that the press thinks anyone who matters would use this particular entrance. Maybe there is a protocol about it tho?

Sleep - yes - well - I could go lay down, but I would be very surprised if I actually fell asleep with all this going on, LOL!

BTW they've cleaned up the gates (stuff stuck to them) and changed the signage, sandblasted the stonework, and even replaced the doors - you'd have thought someone could have swept the street... the street cleaner that went by an hour or two ago didn't do anything for the dirty looking curb did it. Oh well overall the entrance is looking much smarter now.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I'm watching the coverage as well... hope to catch a glimpse of someone arriving... or the people leaving to put up the notice. Though I don't know how much longer I can hold out without at least a nap... its 2:37am here in Arizona lol
Im pretty sure whoever will put up the sign or leave with the paper from the hospital will use another exit. Would be funny if it was snatched from the person if he leaves by the main Lindo wing door
Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Hold on, Catherine, hold on! William, be brave!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Aristocracy

*Lightbulb* will get a better idea of what your saying by checking out google maps lol. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The wait is almost over,good news,hope all goes well for the Duchess and baby!

From Euronews

Old 07-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Courtier

I think It could be a long labor due to the fact that they will try everything for the DoCb to deliver the child naturally. Only after all possibilities for this have been tried will they do a C-section. God Save the Future King (or Queen). I know so many people think the coverage I'd ridiculous, but if people knew for a fact that the future POTUS was about to be born, the coverage would be the same.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The wait is almost over,good news,hope all goes well for the Duchess and baby!
Almost over but isn't the last few minutes/hours the longest wait? To me its.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

5:52 AM on East Coast of U.S.; just awakening.

I don't have to work but I have promised my kiddos and best friend and her son a day of minor shopping, lunch out and pool. I don't think my kids would understand it if I sat by computer all day....

I can't wait to see HIM! Hope he's got fuzzy, silky newborn hair that stands on end. Sigh.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Hold on, Catherine, hold on! William, be brave!

Lol. This is as exciting as the wedding was... but in such a different way.

For those who are interested on zooming on via google maps or some other such site... here is a map of the hospital layout so you can see where the Lindo Wing is located :)

https://workspace.imperial.ac.uk/cam...stmarysmap.pdf
Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Serene Highness

Its 8pm here, and we will sit up for a while to watch a movie and wait to see if a notice comes across the bottom of the TV screen. They put a lot of breaking news stories across our screens like that here. Hoping for a safe and easy delivery. William is going through the scariest thing in his life at the moment. My thoughts and best wishes are with them both.

Closed Thread