The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Commoner

Does anyone have any links with the press in the UK? It would be too funny if someone could pass the idea of Catherine's family buying her the Portland Tiara, on to the press, then the Middletons see it and think it is jolly good idea too. LOL

Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
How tall is it, does anyone know? She also has lovely long hair and can arrange an elegant up-do to anchor whatever tiara.
I think it's rather big, and heavy looking from the photo of Q. Alexandra. Kate has alot of hair so I guess if she really wanted to she could pull it off.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, both Lady Sarah and Lady Jane wore the same tiara that Diana did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Did Diana's sisters where the tiara on their wedding day? I don't think so.
Yes, this is true. The title of Prince or Princess goes only as far as the grandchildren of the Sovereign and then only through the male line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Am I right in thinking that their children, if they have them while the Queen is still alive, will only be Lords and Lady's.
I can see it now: take a lot of the volume out of the skirt to make it slim; cut off the sleeves and the shoulders; take the antique lace and make little shoulder pieces so the dress won't be completely strapless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I wonder when we will read the first article saying that Catherine is going to recycle Diana's wedding dress.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I wonder when we will read the first article saying that Catherine is going to recycle Diana's wedding dress.
Oh, wouldn't that be a sight!
I hope she wears something small personally. I think the bigger tiaras will overpower her.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Really? Is Kate not quite tall 5'10" ish?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsgoddess View Post
If this one (British Royal Jewels of the Past) still exists, I think it would be amazing as well.
This tiara is Queen Mary's diamond loop tiara. From what I have read, it was broken up and the stones used in QEII's burmese ruby tiara
Old 12-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
I think it's called the lotus leaf tiara because of the motif. It belonged to Princess Margaret and was worn by the Viscountess Linley her wedding day.
This tiara, I believe is called the 'Papyrus' tiara
Old 12-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
This tiara is Queen Mary's diamond loop tiara. From what I have read, it was broken up and the stones used in QEII's burmese ruby tiara
I think it's just as well because that one looked is high off head in the photos.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Perhaps her parents buy a tiara for her.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Commoner

You may be interested in my blog post.

Aestheticus Rex: A Tale of Tiara's: What will the Queen bestow upon Kate Middleton?
Old 12-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Interesting post. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Lovely blog-post.
Thanks for writing it and posting it here.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Lovely blog-post.
Thanks for writing it and posting it here.
Oh, many thanks, it was a pleasure to write. I was dismayed to read in the Mirror that evidently Kate will be offered the Cambridge Lovers Knot. Is this so? There was no citation to a press release from the palace....dubious.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Aristocracy

Like your rundown of tiaras Kate could wear... I think the Strathmore rose would be lovely, so nice to see if back out again. However it's also be great to see a major piece see the light of day. The Rundell would be fab. I really hope Her Maj gets generous and gives her more than one...
Old 12-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
There was an interesting photoshop of this tiara modified some time ago. I think it was when we were guessing on a tiara for Camilla.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by James in London View Post
Like your rundown of tiaras Kate could wear... I think the Strathmore rose would be lovely, so nice to see if back out again. However it's also be great to see a major piece see the light of day. The Rundell would be fab. I really hope Her Maj gets generous and gives her more than one...
Does the Rundell still exist? I love the design but am not sure of its whereabouts. This is the only reason it was not included in my blog post, it has been out of circulation longer than the County of Surrey Tiara. It is almost as light and sweet as the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland with nearly the same lozenge bandeau base....perfection.

AR
Old 12-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Nobility

Hm - so my favourites would still be the Strathmore (I think it would fit perfectly) and the Papyrus (my all time personal favourite).
For reasons posted in the RTF several times, I don't think we will see one or the other.
I still don't hope it will be the Lovers knot - this would be too much of "kitsch".
So - it might be nice to have a complete new one:

Bentley & Skinner (what about this)

or something which haven't been seen for years..... Empress Maria Feodorovna bandeau

What do my fellow posters think?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Courtier

That tiara from B&S is lovely.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Royal Highness

That Bentley & Skinner tiara is a beauty. But I think that in case they decide to purchase a new tiara for Kate they will be extremely secretive. Remember that nothing much was ever known about the origin of Sarah's tiara. Also Mette-Marit and Mary received antique tiaras for their wedding, but nothing became public about the origin, price, vendor etc. I just can't imagine that the BRF will buy a tiara with the price tag all over the www. But surely one or another jewellery companies would have a nice anonymous tiara in their safe...

Re. the Maria Feodorovna sapphire bandeau: I'm not fond of wedding tiaras with coloured stones, but maybe the sapphire can be interchanged with a nice diamond element? It would be great if Catherine received a versatile tiara.

Imo it would also be an option that Catherine received the sapphire bandeau as her permanent tiara, but borrows the fringe tiara, which has a certain tradition as wedding tiara, for her wedding.

All in all there are so many possibilities! When Victoria married I was 95% sure that it would be the cameo tiara. But with Catherine there is no tiara which I would give more than 30% probability.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Commoner

I love the gorgeous Kokoshnik tiara, although I think it would be slightly overwhelming for Kate to wear on her wedding day, something smaller and more delicate would perhaps be appropriate. I don't think the lovers knot tiara would look right either. It is so difficult to say what would be a good choice, because I think you would need to coordinate the tiara with her gown. I have to say I think either the Rundell Diamond or the Strathmore Rose would look amazing.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding