"End Game" by Omid Scobie - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the excerpts being published world-wide I suspect many people took the view 'why waste my money on it when all the juicy bits are already known?'

With the excerpts being published world-wide I suspect many people took the view 'why waste my money on it when all the juicy bits are already known?'

Or maybe people realised it was a poorly researched poorly written book and decided not to waste their money on it.

The audio version is free with Audible at the moment but I do not know if I could cope listening to it.

How come it made the New York times top 10? According to Omid. Was it top of Royal books published that week or some minor category?

I see there are more ‘errors’ in translation, apparently in the original version Catherine had remained in the garden with the children the first time Meghan came to visit this has now been amended to she was out that day.
That is quite a difference in meaning, especially what it infers.

I see there are more ‘errors’ in translation, apparently in the original version Catherine had remained in the garden with the children the first time Meghan came to visit this has now been amended to she was out that day.

This book and author really have no credibility, IMO!

How come it made the New York times top 10? According to Omid. Was it top of Royal books published that week or some minor category?

That would seem to be enough to get on the NYT list:

In short, The New York Times Bestseller list requires an author to make a minimum of 5000 book sales (higher, depending on the list) in a single week across diverse retailers and from multiple geographic locations.

9,000 in the USA is probably less than he was hoping for based on Finding Freedom, but it might really be in the top 10 for non-fiction books sold this week. Most books don't sell 9,000 copies ever. It's not like television where things are measured in millions.

Last edited:
An example of a real translation error from the last ten minutes: I read, "She says so quietly that I almost question hearing it." I write, "She says so quietly that I barely hear it." That's a translation error. And the point? I saw it and fixed it well before it reached the editor.

No way the Catherine bit is a translation error. Scobie just made changes and got caught.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12845657/Omid-Scobies-book-sold-9-000-copies-America.html

The book sold only 9000 copies in USA in its first week and 6448 in the UK. Its 731 on Amazon's bestseller list.

I hadn't heard about Omid moving to California but hopefully he too will have a $14 million mansion with 37 bathrooms with the success of his new book.

I don't think he can afford a mansion with those sales numbers. Though maybe H&M can subsidize his new lifestyle, like Tyler Perry did for them?

9,000 in the USA is probably less than he was hoping for based on Finding Freedom, but it might really be in the top 10 for non-fiction books sold this week. Most books don't sell 9,000 copies ever. It's not like television where things are measured in millions.

Interesting. Thank you

Non-fiction? :whistling:

9000 would probably be considered great for a book no one had heard of until it hit the shelves but for a book that has been front page news around the world for a week at least they seem pretty poor.

Interestingly Omid does seem to have suffered the most from this. The King and Princess of Wales seem to have actually weathered any hoped for storm perfectly well and with, if anything, growing support.

The wonderful William Sitwell, columnist at the Telegraph, has written a fine column pointing out the irony of Scobie's frustration at his PR train getting sidetracked by the Dutch edition "bloopers" vs. Omid's attempted sidetracking of the BRF's current work.

Panicking Scobie is now demanding in interviews that people must read his book and not get distracted by what other people say about it. Irony is right!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columni...s-criticism-royal-family-omid-scobie-endgame/

I'm sorry that I do not know that free archive link.

Last edited:
The wonderful William Sitwell, columnist at the Telegraph, has written a fine column pointing out the irony of Scobie's frustration at his PR train getting sidetracked by the Dutch edition "bloopers" vs. Omid's attempted sidetracking of the BRF's current work.

Panicking Scobie is now demanding in interviews that people must read his book and not get distracted by what other people say about it. Irony is right!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columni...s-criticism-royal-family-omid-scobie-endgame/

I'm sorry that I do not know that free archive link.

Archive link:

https://archive.is/znalf

Omid Scobie wrote in End Game about a time when it was suggested that Lt. Col. Nana Kofi Twumasi-Ankrah could be assigned to assist Meghan Makle with her introduction to royal life.
Scobie wrote in the UK version of the book: “When Palace aides told reporters, including myself, they ‘bent over backwards’ to make Meghan feel comfortable at Buckingham Palace, this included a follow-up suggestion that perhaps the Queen’s Ghanaian-born household cavalry officer Lieutenant Colonel Nana Kofi Twumasi-Ankrah should be the one to help Meghan. Though a charming and intelligent man, it stood out like a sore thumb to Meghan and her friends ”
Royal expert Ingrid Seward told The Sun on Sunday : “If Scobie’s account is correct, she was offered Lady Susan Hussey and turned her down. Then she was offered the Ghanaian-born equerry to the Queen. I don’t know who she thought should be helping her but presumably not an equerry or a lady-in-waiting.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/late-queen-omid-scobie-racism-31640093

Last edited:
She turned down people who were supposed to help her? Twice? For real?

I can't believe the nerve one must have to refuse persons suggested by the Royal Family in order to ease her transition into her new life.
I wouldn't even dream of doing anything so arrogant, I would thank and humbly listen to all advice and indications.

A woman was not good enough, neither was a man, a white person, a black one, an elderly one, a young one, nobody was good enough. The Princess and the Pea comes to mind.

If this account from End Game is true, then I am stunned that she would decline the assistance of ANYONE who was suggested to help her acclimate and learn about to her new role. Especially since she claimed in "Harry and Meghan" that she wasn't offered any advice. While the Lt. Col. might not be a top advisor on curtsying, he might be able to assist about some palace details.

I can't believe the nerve one must have to refuse persons suggested by the Royal Family in order to ease her transition into her new life.
I wouldn't even dream of doing anything so arrogant, I would thank and humbly listen to all advice and indications.
But that would make you a coachable Stepford wife, like Kate.

:lol::lol: And we wouldn't want that now would we? :whistling:

Meghan wanted the ultimate Stepford wife to show her the ropes of being a Stepford wife, remember? She was unpleasantly surprised when Catherine didn't offer. They offered her Sophie, the almost-ultimate Stepford wife, IRRC, but not the real thing.

So Meghan claims she wasn't offered any help in transitioning to royal life ... but she was offered the help of two people, and turned it down. And, when she was offered the help of a "charming and intelligent" equerry, she was "insulted".

If this account from End Game is true, then I am stunned that she would decline the assistance of ANYONE who was suggested to help her acclimate and learn about to her new role. Especially since she claimed in "Harry and Meghan" that she wasn't offered any advice. While the Lt. Col. might not be a top advisor on curtsying, he might be able to assist about some palace details.

Scobie is making an insinuation that having an African man assigned to her as an aide "to make her more comfortable" was seen by Meghan as another instance of systemic racism. It is implied that she was also offended by the offer.

Meghan saw everything as racist. "Oh, a white woman who doesn't look like me! Oh, a black man ... so condescending ..."

Nothing was good enough because she thought she knew more than anyone else. Also .. JMHO but Harry was ultimately responsible for this disaster because he didn't explain anything to her.

Scobie is making an insinuation that having an African man assigned to her as an aide "to make her more comfortable" was seen by Meghan as another instance of systemic racism. It is implied that she was also offended by the offer.

I truly hope that Meghan was not offended by this offer.

Several posts have been removed as they veered into off-topic discussions about other family members unrelated to the book “End Game” or were argumentative or insulting to other members. Please adhere to all forum rules, stay on topic, and treat fellow members with respect.

I truly hope that Meghan was not offended by this offer.

Who knows! If one has decided to take umbrage, then it doesn't matter who was offered to help (Susan Hussey, the Lt Col, Samantha Cohen, Sophie Wessex), the perceived hurt was going to happen come what may.

If, as per Meghan in the Netflix documentary, she was expecting to be helped with the national anthem or curtseying or anything else, these were the people that constituted "Princess School" that she declined, and later moaned about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom