"End Game" by Omid Scobie - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TLLK

Majesty
City
Torrance
Country
United States
Omid Scobie's latest book entitled End Game focuses upon the British Royal Family and its future. The book will be on sale starting November 28, 2023.

Endgame, the new book from the author of the international blockbuster Finding Freedom, pulls back the curtain on the Palace, exposing the chaos, dysfunction, and distrust amongst the British royal family, and what needs to happen to preserve a monarchy in crisis.

https://www.harpercollins.com/products/endgame-omid-scobie?variant=40987543044130

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...ook-prince-william-chapter-sussex-biographer/

Last edited:
I try very hard to read and write a balanced review of all contemporary royal books that cover the Wales and Sussex families, but I make no promises on this one.

I wonder if some of the content might seem a bit of date? There was potential to get into a mess, but it all seems to running ok. But we’ll see what’s in the book.

I wonder if he will reveal his sources, he was caught out with the first one.

The monarchy's neither in crisis nor fighting for survival.

This is the full chapter list:

1. 'The Queen and Her Piper: Elizabeth II's Final Days'
  2. 'Shaky Ground: The Queen is Dead, the Monarchy Faces Trouble'
  3. ''Oh God, I Hate This': King Charles's Premiere'
  4. 'Remembrance of Things Past: The Ongoing Campaign to Make the Royals Great Again'
  5. 'Baggage: The Lingering Trials of King Charles'
  6. 'The Fall of Prince Andrew: Scandal, Shame and Silencing Jane Doe'
  7. 'Race and the Royals: Institutional Bigotry and Denial'
  8. 'Gloves On: Prince William, Heir to the Throne'
  9. 'Gloves Off: Prince Harry, Man on a Mission'

The monarchy's neither in crisis nor fighting for survival.

Well yes indeed it isn't. Quite the opposite in fact. The succession went much smoother than many commentators had predicted. HM's old persona of PofW has been replaced with that of an avuncular grandfatherly monarch.

Becoming king has been the making of the man.

I wonder if he will reveal his sources, he was caught out with the first one.

Yes I would be curious to see if he chooses to reveal them with this book. After denying participation from the Sussexes, we do know that they authorized their KP aides to assist the authors of Finding Freedom.

I have absolutely no idea who his sources could be! :flowers:

Someone quite close indeed if they were "upset" to witness William ignoring Harry's message about catching a lift up to Balmoral at the time of HLM's impending passing, according to Scobie.

Well yes indeed it isn't. Quite the opposite in fact. The succession went much smoother than many commentators had predicted. HM's old persona of PofW has been replaced with that of an avuncular grandfatherly monarch.

Becoming king has been the making of the man.

I quite agree! :flowers:

Perhaps they live in this zip code 93108?;)

I believe there is a sworn testimony in a UK law suit that, that is not the case. But then again, perhaps there was a momentary lapse of memory (or judgement)!!

How can Harry say he was kept in the dark, he says his father phoned him before he left for Balmoral, which was around 8.30 in the morning. That was before the public statement which came around 12.30pm.

Anybody who saw the photograph of the Queen with Liz Truss knew she was failing.

From the excerpts I saw, it looks below the level of gossip magazines.

It looks like Mr Scobie is desesperately trying to milk a cow that has long gone dry.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea who his sources could be! :flowers:

Perhaps they live in this zip code 93108?;)

:previous: still can't work it out give us another clue! ?

It looks like Mr Scobie is desesperately trying to milk a cow that has long gone dry.

Yep. If it was a real cow it would have given him a kick by now and told him to get lost. :D

Quite right, it looks like H&M just did not have much left to feed Scobie this time. Perhaps more is being held back for Meghan's book, whenever that may come. And perhaps, Harry's sequel to Spare (could it be titled, "Irrelevant"?)

I really wonder who is still interested by these old stories (I am tired of all this mud repeated again and again) especially when there are so many terrible things happening in this world now ! Boring and useless.

How can Harry say he was kept in the dark, he says his father phoned him before he left for Balmoral, which was around 8.30 in the morning. That was before the public statement which came around 12.30pm.

Anybody who saw the photograph of the Queen with Liz Truss knew she was failing.

Perhaps this has been addressed, but I’ve never understood why Harry (and Meghan) apparently believed they should be treated as more important than the other non-Wales grandchildren. Were Edo and Jack lobbying for a seat on the plane? The bedside would have been crowded indeed if 8 grandchildren (and spouses) crowded around it.

Perhaps this has been addressed, but I’ve never understood why Harry (and Meghan) apparently believed they should be treated as more important than the other non-Wales grandchildren. Were Edo and Jack lobbying for a seat on the plane? The bedside would have been crowded indeed if 8 grandchildren (and spouses) crowded around it.

I would agree.

Quite right, it looks like H&M just did not have much left to feed Scobie this time. Perhaps more is being held back for Meghan's book, whenever that may come. And perhaps, Harry's sequel to Spare (could it be titled, "Irrelevant"?)

That would be an excellent and very apt title.

I really wonder who is still interested by these old stories (I am tired of all this mud repeated again and again) especially when there are so many terrible things happening in this world now ! Boring and useless.

I quite agree. My thoughts exactly!

I expect the release of this book was timed to coincide with THE CROWN, opting for a coattails effect.

As for sources, Scobie probably invents them, tabloid-style: A close friend, an insider, a courtier, etc.

Anyone who watched, saw the increasingly frail Queen Elizabeth at her Platinum Jubilee can't really have been surprised when reports surfaced later that She was in fact in pain and failing health. The weight loss alone, jumped out at me.

After all she WAS 96 years old, and greatly mourning the death of her beloved husband. 'Her strength and stay' as Elizabeth lovingly said of Philip, one year earlier.
Queen Elizabeth went downhill very quickly, but at least her cherished loved ones gave her joy and comfort in their love and support in her final months.

Perhaps Harry is simply suffering from a guilty conscience, when the Scobies Book alleges Harry "felt kept in the dark about her health". I mean after everything, could he really blame his Family that Harry's concerns and feelings were NOT at that time a priority ?

Anyone who watched, saw the increasingly frail Queen Elizabeth at her Platinum Jubilee can't really have been surprised when reports surfaced later that She was in fact in pain and failing health. The weight loss alone, jumped out at me.

After all she WAS 96 years old, and greatly mourning the death of her beloved husband. 'Her strength and stay' as Elizabeth lovingly said of Philip, one year earlier.
Queen Elizabeth went downhill very quickly, but at least her cherished loved ones gave her joy and comfort in their love and support in her final months.

Perhaps Harry is simply suffering from a guilty conscience, when the Scobies Book alleges Harry "felt kept in the dark about her health". I mean after everything, could he really blame his Family that Harry's concerns and feelings were NOT at that time a priority ?
For me I think it was more the shock of hearing that the end was near for the Queen. Even though he knew she was frail and in deteriorating health it doesnt seem real until the words are said. Knowing the end is coming in a short time you just regret all the things you should have said and didn't get the chance to so maybe it is a bit of guilt.

I have not read SPARE but is there anybody out there who has read it and can tell me if Harry provides similar details as Scobie has with regards to the day the Queen died.

You can always say with a certainty, as soon there is a sign of appeasement, such as talking on Charles' 75th birthday, Harry directly or indirectly will strike a major blow at his family, in public.
But who cares, its getting old.
Team William here, I'd never get back at any text message again as well as it might feature in the next book.

You can always say with a certainty, as soon there is a sign of appeasement, such as talking on Charles' 75th birthday, Harry directly or indirectly will strike a major blow at his family, in public.
But who cares, its getting old.
Team William here, I'd never get back at any text message again as well as it might feature in the next book.

At this point I think there is a lack of trust and suspicion on all sides. I agree it is getting old and repetitive.

I have not read SPARE but is there anybody out there who has read it and can tell me if Harry provides similar details as Scobie has with regards to the day the Queen died.

Yes and no.

“ “. But that day—September 8, 2022—a call came in around lunchtime.
Unknown number.
Hello?
It was Pa. Granny’s health had taken a turn.
She was up at Balmoral, of course. Those beautiful, melancholy late-summer days. He hung up—he had many other calls to make—and I immediately texted Willy to ask whether he and Kate were flying up. If so, when? And how?
No response. Meg and I looked at flight options.
The press started phoning; we couldn’t delay a decision any longer. We told our team to confirm: We’d be missing the WellChild Awards and hurrying up to Scotland.”

Back
Top Bottom