The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: June 2011 - July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that the uniform William is wearing would be FANTASTIC if it wasn't for those crazy ruffles down the front? Someone needs to explain that to me? Why would someone design a military uniform with that design on the coat?
As for Kate, I think she looked great and I give her big props for doing something different with her hair rather than just wearing it down. I think she looks great and definitely not too glamorous, she actually doesn't look glamorous at all. She looks nice, but not glamorous.

XeniaCasaraghi said:
I just want to say that the uniform William is wearing would be FANTASTIC if it wasn't for those crazy ruffles down the front? Someone needs to explain that to me? Why would someone design a military uniform with that design on the coat?.

I loved the crazy ruffles!!.

I just want to say that the uniform William is wearing would be FANTASTIC if it wasn't for those crazy ruffles down the front? Someone needs to explain that to me? Why would someone design a military uniform with that design on the coat?
As for Kate, I think she looked great and I give her big props for doing something different with her hair rather than just wearing it down. I think she looks great and definitely not too glamorous, she actually doesn't look glamorous at all. She looks nice, but not glamorous.

I just loved the ruffles on William's uniform and thought he looked even better than Kate for a change!

MRSJ said:
Edit- according to the Kate Middleton style blog the brooch was the Queen Mums and Princess Anne gave it to Kate for today-

http://katemiddletonstyle.org/

Kate’s Shamrock Brooch:
The gold and emerald shamrock brooch worn by Kate used to belong to the late Queen Mother. It was handed to Kate specially for today by the Princess Royal, the previous colonel to the regiment. (Thanks to @TheRoyalEditor for the information.)

Quoting myself bc ...According to the press association the brooch was worn by the Queen Mother and Princess Anne but is actually owned by the regiment and was loaned to Catherine by them to wear.....
Below is the link to the video I heard it in
lancchick said:

Last edited:
Red clutch and red shoes? She was meeting 3 families who lost a child and/or a son before giving medals to surviving soldiers. I dont think it would be appropriate at all. Navy was the perfect choice for both occasions (grieving family and happy returned soldiers).

That military outfit was great and appropriate for the ocasion.
But I think bigger hats suit her more than those little ones AND I would have added a piece with some colour - like red shoes or a red clutch or something like that.

Hmmm, I don't know. I'm all for color, and Catherine certainly wears red well, but considering the circumstances of this particular visit, I believe she would have been crucified for wearing a bright red accent of any sort. Her outfit today was perfect, and well thought out. Subdued in color (which isn't all that unusual for her) and thoughtful of the military and the unit she was there to support! Bravo!!!

I own a dress very similar to Catherine's coat/dress, also from the McQueen collection. I would guess that Catherine's is a sort of custom design though, as it seems to mix the dress and another coat in a similar style! Now I'm dying to figure out where I might where my dress!!!

Didn't need to be red! That was just an example, a suggestion.

White or another shade of blue or anything else would have also worked.

Kate's latest McQueen coat was lovely and very well fitted. Actually she looked great head to toe IMO. I quite liked how her clutch had gold trimmings to break the darkness a bit.

I thought her fascinator was a nice tribute to the soldiers barets. The coat dress evokes memories of her mother-in-law :)

Putting Kate into Perspective

Each one of us might make a different choice of one or the other of the components of Kate's ensembles, (for me it, too, is the panda eyeliner -- love that description!), but to be fair and give her the credit she is due, this still- young woman has stepped into the full glare of the biggest spotlight in the world. No one in this day and age is getting the attention that the newly minted Duchess of Cambridge receives everytime she steps outside her door.

Yet she has not put a foot wrong and her appearances have been amazing! I am staggered at what she has been able to accomplish in such a short time... And we should compare her to everyone else on the world stage: her tailoring, her understated accessories, her poise and posture, her lovely smile: the overall effect is simply steller. What a credit she is to her husband, to the royal family and to her country!

I LOVED Catherine's military style coat; I thought it suited her figure perfectly, and I adored the fascinator as well. I have said it before but I think I will like pretty much anything she wears as long as she has hair on her head. Her hair is absolutely beautiful. :)

i love her outfit, but i'll give her a 9.7. why? the makeup in her eyes. i don't like that line in the eye. i never liked it.

the golden buttons reminds me diana. but it was perfect for the occasion. and i really love the hat. i want it!!!!

what i really like most of catherine is that she is very careful with the details. did you see the broach? it was an irish leave. perfect to go to an irish military event. she was gorgeous. stunning. and william was quite handsome with that uniform...

I have to say that I don't like her military coat.
But love the shoes and hat :)

I really loved that McQueen coat.Very suitable.

Last edited:
i like the dress, kate could almost go on court an play tennis in it :D
william must be sweating in his suit, its 40+ degrees on court.

That is one lovely white layered dress on Kate, very summery and the fit looks great. I like the detailing on the straps as well. Its simple yet not too simple and quite elegant.

The dress is ok. Not really a fan of it.

Love how Kate looks today! Cool as a cucumber and the tiered Temperley dress is fun and fashion forward.

She looks great in this dress! Finally, age appropriate AND sophisticated at the same time. Perfect balance imo.

That's great! (if true)
A red Mcqueen would be a great choice for Canadian Day

Don't they dress up in "days gone by" pioneer outfits on that day?

Such a cute dress and it's cuteness is hidden by all that hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the contrary, KittyAtlanta, her hair is her crowning glory and if I had hair like that, I would go with it, too. She looks youthful AND sophisticated!

I do think Catherine was very well dressed for the tennis today. Great dress, and very nice to see her supporting British designers.

I don't think I could stand that much stuff on my face for any amount of time. I was shown how to apply make-up by a friend several years ago, and decided that in all honesty, it wasn't worth getting up early to do that on daily basis (or ever in my case).

Props to Duchess of Cambridge for having the patience to do this probably several times a day (I'd imagine she'd need to touch it up at some point).

I don't wear makeup because my facial skin happens to be my best feature and why would I, at 64, want to cover up super smooth, winkle-free, etc. skin. I do wear lipstick and eyebrow stuff, but I look funny without darker eyebrows (see my avatar --- no eyebrows)!

Kate has worn makeup all her adult life and will probably not change it for many, many years...and that's OK. She is doing very well with her clothing style and makeup. She looks pretty.

Kate looked very pretty today the color suits her. William must be very hot in that suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom