The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I think Aliza meant Kates Wimbeldon outfit was not as nice as others she's worn since her wedding- not a pre-wedding comparassion but a post wedding one..... (but I may have misunderstood)
Thank you for clarifying that for me! I was indeed referring to her wardrobe AFTER the wedding and not when she was either the single or engaged Miss Middleton.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rlf8CcxGHt...0/22222214.jpg
the dress is lovely but too mucht for the ocassion..she is attending a Tennis macht...this is a party / cocktail dress!
Love the dress.... IMO just right for the occiasion. So far the Duchess has not put a foot wrong, about fashion, or in beiing the perfect Duchess for that matter.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

The white tennis outfit is absolutely lovely - elegant and cool for the warm weather. It was quite dressy for the occassion and would be super at a summer party but when it comes to being over-dressed I think it's William in that suit, shirt and tie! He's in uniform most days at work, you'd think he'd be more comfortable in a nice shirt and linen trousers!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
......but when it comes to being over-dressed I think it's William in that suit, shirt and tie! He's in uniform most days at work, you'd think he'd be more comfortable in a nice shirt and linen trousers!
I have no doubt that William would be more comfortable in linen trousers, but I suspect that royal etiquette dictates he is dressed formally.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

June 30, 2011 - Kate leaving for Canada in a navy/black dress matched with a navy jacket with gold buttons, black shoes & bag.

Not sure of the look, she looks professional but boring, the gold buttons make this look quite old for Kate.

Full view ** Close up

Kates bag is by the British Brand Mulberry F/W2011

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5242a7138609171
http://www.imagebam.com/image/d81a57138609181
Old 06-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe little boring but very elegant. I'm wondering will she wear a hat in Canada?
Yes, this is Mulberry Polly Push Lock Bag
Old 06-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

It doesn't look like a comfortable outfit for traveling.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Administrator

You think so.......I think it looks very comfortable. Look how movable the dress seems in the pictures. All she needs to do is remove the jacket.She might put something more comfortable on when she gets on the plane. Most likely she will change once she lands in Canada.

Now while I think it looks comfortable I certainly wouldn't travel in it. I am all for comfort....nice jeans or jogging suit. But than again, most people aren't looking to take a picture of me as I enter and leave an airplane.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I think Kate wore what she wore as they were received by the Canadian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom at the airport so had to look quite professional but who know, she could always have a change of very comfortable clothes to change into in the plane & have another change which is formal for landing in Canada.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
You think so.......I think it looks very comfortable. Look how movable the dress seems in the pictures. All she needs to do is remove the jacket.She might put something more comfortable on when she gets on the plane. Most likely she will change once she lands in Canada.

Now while I think it looks comfortable I certainly wouldn't travel in it. I am all for comfort....nice jeans or jogging suit. But than again, most people aren't looking to take a picture of me as I enter and leave an airplane.
She may well change into a track suit the moment she is on board, and change again before getting off.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
She may well change into a track suit the moment she is on board, and change again before getting off.
Yes, I believe thats what i said

Although to be honest I have seen older pictures of royals in the plane and they are wearing outfits that have been photographed in the press. So I am not sure if these are taken as they just get on the plane or are about to depart the plane.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate looks very professional & conservative, I like her style although it is far too old for her, in addition I dislike the pancake make-up, far too heavy for a 29 year old!
Hair is very boring.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...49_306x784.jpg
Old 06-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry to be a pain, but Kate is a representative of The Crown.
Her style is exactly right.
Later on, when they're settling in, he and she can shine.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Nobility

I so agree, Renata! How smart she is to avoid the pitfalls that have on occasion characterized the York girls. I'm sure she will dial it up slowly. Kate is an important representative of crown and country and she shows unerring good sense in opting for stylish conservatism in the beginning.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

I really like the whole Look especially the shoes and hair :)
Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Administrator

I totally agree.

Kate is conservatively dressed because she is working. She is representing the British Crown and its people. She isn't an actress, a singer or a reality star. Frankly, she looks like (at least in her daytime attire) what her peers are wearing (for the most part anyway).

My work experience as been in sales and at Kate's age, I was wearing suits like this. They may be boring but they are professional looking. Kate is selling Britain. You are never going to see her coming off a plane looking a mess or on her way to a club.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Fully agree with Zonk. Kate has to be elegant but not more. She can not get out of the plane like an Itlaina star of the 50ies! Nothing on her should be neither flashy nor provocative, and she succeds perfectly on this.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Dress by Ronald Mouret
Hertogin Van Cambridge 30/06/2011 - Fashion of royals

Blazer by Canedian brand Smythe les Vestes --> very nice seeing het in Canedian clothes
Hertogin Van Cambridge 30/06/2011 - Fashion of royals
Old 06-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Kate is elegant with this nice navy dress. I cannot wait to see her in Quebec City !
Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
That is a lovely dress ruined by a jacket.

About Kates style being conservative, well I think she can look conservative in print and in color especially as she is a young women, I don't agree that such colors like black & navy do it for her.