The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara
Empress...check the Hello magazine website (royalty and statesmen) Fergie is in a "Dancing with the stars" article...the photo is of her in the dress with Jackie Chan...anyway here's the link:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...erguson-dance/
oooommmphhh! That is not a happy thing in life. Mary looks much better in the dress. I always liked that dress anyway though.

Thanks for posting the link

Old 12-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
This is a great skirt, you can dress it up or down. Its different maybe because its long, but very suitable for daytime
I agree, the skirt is very versatile. I can easily see it being paired with a nice satin blouse worn for a state banquet!

Old 12-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

thanksssssssss !!!!
Mary lookss fantastic
Old 01-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

Mary has recycled this skirt five times so far:

Post 6
Post 9
Danish Royal Watchers Picture
Old 01-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Courtier

Great job soCal girl!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Mary has recycled this skirt five times so far:

Post 6
Post 9
Danish Royal Watchers Picture
This is such a versatile skirt! She has two different linings for the skirt which alters the look: light blue (Post 6) and beige (Post 9 link). The linings match whatever top she's wearing.

-Ayvee
Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

Mary recycling this jacket and purple skirt:

Mary in 2004

Mary in 2006 attending a function for The Danish Cancer Foundation.
(^Thanks to Danish Royal Watchers)
Old 01-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

I'm pretty sure Mary recycled these red shorts. In the first picture, I believe the shorts are rolled up a bit because she was at the beach.

Mary on vacation summer 2006

Mary in Australia 2006
(^Thanks to Danish Royal Watchers)
Old 01-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Courtier

I think you are right soCal girl.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I have to say, Mary is the best recycler: she reuses almost all of her pieces, but mixes and matches them in such a way as to render them almost unrecognizable, except to the sharp eyes of the members who post in this thread.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Royal Highness

Mary recycling a shirt from the dating days:

Mary 1

Mary 2
Old 01-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
the green sati dress worn in the fashion week of denmark and the 10th march!
I Love Love Love this dress and how she wears it
Old 01-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Nobility

I just love Mary's sense of style! She never disappoints.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Commoner

Couture fashion and even designer ready-to-wear pieces cost a lot of money. If you look at the actual net worth's of most of the heads of state for Europe, they are not that rich in comparasion to business people. According to Wikipedia and other sources :
Margrethe II, Queen of Denmark - $10 million
Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden - $9 million

As far as rich people are concerned, that ain't a lot of money. So if Mary and CP Vicki decide to recycle somethings then that's alright with me.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Royal Highness

I don't know why royals recycling clothes is such a big deal. Regular people wear clothes more than once. Why can't royals? Or is the fascination in the trill of the hunt or the chase, so to speak?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

I am not sure if Mary wearing the same unique jacket twice (or more) on her latest Australian visit can be considered "recycling"...more like *clever packing*...I consider "recycling" of clothes to only apply to *official* things, such as suits, dresses and gowns...casual, private, holiday clothes don't cut it, in my opinion, because we all do that and the clothes are pretty average and normal...whereas wearing a distinct, recognisable, limited applications outfit is more like "recycling"...for example, what I mean by "limited applications" is something like gala dress which can only be worn in certain settings...Mary probably WOULDN'T recycle a gala dress when taking Ziggy for his morning walk, now would she? But she might wear the same jacket many times while doing it which means that is not recycling, that is just her everyday clothes...do you understand the point I am trying to make...???

Maybe the recycling of clothes should only apply to those worn on official occasions?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara
I am not sure if Mary wearing the same unique jacket twice (or more) on her latest Australian visit can be considered "recycling"...more like *clever packing*...I consider "recycling" of clothes to only apply to *official* things, such as suits, dresses and gowns...casual, private, holiday clothes don't cut it, in my opinion, because we all do that and the clothes are pretty average and normal...whereas wearing a distinct, recognisable, limited applications outfit is more like "recycling"...for example, what I mean by "limited applications" is something like gala dress which can only be worn in certain settings...Mary probably WOULDN'T recycle a gala dress when taking Ziggy for his morning walk, now would she? But she might wear the same jacket many times while doing it which means that is not recycling, that is just her everyday clothes...do you understand the point I am trying to make...???

Maybe the recycling of clothes should only apply to those worn on official occasions?
Is there some policy on wearing and re-wearing outfits several times, when it comes to public events? Thanks
Old 01-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Courtier

The point of the game is to figure out, or spot when Mary mixes up blouses or shoes or what-not with different things and creates a whole new look instead of being boring and wearing the same exact outfit over and over again. I personally love to see what colors she mixs and matches and what details she'll add to her outfits.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:39 AM

None of the photo links worked for me.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
a long beige/brown coat. Imo this is a beautiful coat.
Feb 27, 2007
worn twice before - click here

Tags
crown princess mary, fashion