Queen Margrethe II’s 40th Jubilee Celebrations: January-February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks a lot for your kind words, Tarlita! :flowers:

Today, February 7, Queen Margrethe participated in a parade of the armed forces at the Kastellet
in Copenhagen that was organized to mark the Queen's jubilee.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

She Look wonderful , I Like The White Coat Very Much :flowers: Thanx iceflower

I don't mind the style as much as the color. It just doesn't fit with all that white.
Though I see she tries to make it work with the purse and gloves... Maybe if she had chosen a hat in the same color.

But anyway - I so respect anyone who dares have (almost) bare legs outside these days. :eek:
Me too :eek::eek::eek:

And we have a couple of Q&A in Billed Bladet #06, 2012.

Where first Kaja Nielsen (*) asks why only Nordic royals were invited to QMII's jubilee?

Jon Bloch Skipper replies that the Nordic royal families were invited because of the very close ties between the families, but also to make room for more representatives from the entire realm, i.e. Greenland and the Faroese Islands - as well as Iceland, which has centuries of history in common with DK and also Finland, being a Nordic country.
Apart from that there should also be room for the entire staff (about 160) with spouses.
The other European monarchies are represented by their ambassadors, whom the DRF had a gala dinner with recently.

- Perhaps more monarchs will be invited if QMII is still around and has the strength in ten years time.

-----------------

Another question is about proticol and they are a particular favourite of mine. :)
Marianne Jäger wonderes why ladies are seen to both the left and right of their husbands when arriving at a gala. What is correct?

Jon Bloch Skipper, really don't care but quotes the authority on manners and proper behaviour, the late Emma Gad: "A gentleman should always offer a lady his right arm (**) in order to always keep her on the right hand side. On stairs you can change, when necessary, so that the lady can, as is proper, walk nearest to the wall". (***)

(*) I've noticed that name before. She appears to be a serial-asker/serial-questioner, whatever...

(**) I can add that a married gentleman always offer a precious person as his wife his right arm. - The left arm is for mistresses and concubines. A bit like being married to the left hand. Which some Danish kings were. Thus giving their mistress an official status. - But that has been covered elsewhere.
For officers it's simply a matter of what is practical. A lady on the left, will constantly by troubled by one's sabre.

(***) In order to shield her better from advances from men of ill repute. And to prevent the common riff raff from bumping into your lady.

Last edited:
Dinner at Christiansborg on Jan 15

This video appeared on our news site today (Feb 17). (I live in Brisbane Australia). The title was "Princess Mary blocks cleavage stare".
"Princess Mary of Denmark was caught in an awkward moment during a televised state dinner when she apparently noticed the Finnish president’s husband staring at her cleavage.
Video shows First Gentleman Pentti Arajarvi gazing towards the Tasmanian-born princess’s chest during the lavish royal dinner, hosted by the Queen of Denmark on January 15.
The First Gentleman quickly looks away when he sees Princess Mary spot him.
The princess puts her hand over her chest and tries to adjust her dress, but still manages to keep a smile on her face.
Princess Mary married the Crown Prince of Denmark Frederik in 2004, after meeting him in a pub in Sydney during the 2000 Olympics.
Arajarvi's wife Tarja Halonen is Finland's president and the country's first female to hold office. "
I really hope this link works for you
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8421188/princess-mary-blocks-cleavage-stare

It's possible that Pentii Arajarvi was studying CP Mary's necklace rather than her decolletage - I know I would if confronted with all those jewels!

It's possible that Pentii Arajarvi was studying CP Mary's necklace rather than her decolletage - I know I would if confronted with all those jewels!
That is what I thought too. I don't think he was looking at her cleavage.

Uh oh, an awkward fashion moment indeed!

That is what I thought too. I don't think he was looking at her cleavage.

:previous:
IDK, if he WAS looking at the jewellery: 1. he certainly took his time to study the "jewels" from what it seemed on the video and 2. once he realised he saw her notice he could have commented on the chain to make it clear what he was looking at...

BUT he immediately looked away like a guilty little boy! :lol:

what a horrid little man. Mary must have felt so embarrassed by his blatancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
2. once he realised he saw her notice he could have commented on the chain to make it clear what he was looking at...
I think it was under a speech, so it would be difficult to say something :whistling::flowers:

Now, those of us who couldn't watch the Australian clip can see what this is all about: Marys kavalergang til tops i Australien - TV 2 Nyhederne From a show commenting the episode. The woman is Margrethe Westager a very senior member of government.
And her comment was: "Well, what can you say". The host ended the segment by saying: "It was (probably) one heck of a long trip back to Finland"!

And the Australian version again: Princess Mary busts visiting dignitary's cleavage stare | News.com.au

Well, Mary hardly showed any cleavage at all, so I actually believe he was studying her jewelry. And he reacted in the same way as you would do if you are caught studying a pimple on someone's face, he looked away. - Result: guilty, no matter what. :lol:
It takes a boatload of selfcontrol to just smile and ask about her necklace afterwards.
I'd guess the rest of their conversation was pretty formal and extremely polite. :p

Now, those of us who couldn't watch the Australian clip can see what this is all about: Marys kavalergang til tops i Australien - TV 2 Nyhederne From a show commenting the episode. The woman is Margrethe Westager a very senior member of government.
And her comment was: "Well, what can you say". The host ended the segment by saying: "It was (probably) one heck of a long trip back to Finland"!

And the Australian version again: Princess Mary busts visiting dignitary's cleavage stare | News.com.au

Well, Mary hardly showed any cleavage at all, so I actually believe he was studying her jewelry. And he reacted in the same way as you would do if you are caught studying a pimple on someone's face, he looked away. - Result: guilty, no matter what. :lol:
It takes a boatload of selfcontrol to just smile and ask about her necklace afterwards.
I'd guess the rest of their conversation was pretty formal and extremely polite. :p
You made me laught , my husband said the same about a famous ice skater who was looking at my cleaveage at a famous ice skateing gala, I said to my husband:"He was looking my cleavage!,"
my husband answer "not he is looking your jjewelery!" what ever is the case it is very unconfotable! and the only thing you can do it is to play idiot!:whistling:

Mr. Arajärvi has commented on this incident stating that he's quite sure he was looking at something entirely else than the Crown Princess's cleavage.

If he was staring at her chest, that would be quite a surprise! There have been malicious rumours circulating for years that neither one of the presidential couple are interested in the opposite sex but no-one else knows the true state of their marriage but themselves. In any case neither one of the couple seems particularly virile (not sure how to describe this) or prone to such things, so I highly doubt there was anything lewd going on. I've always thought Arajärvi looks like he's about to fall asleep and forgets where he is frequently, that's how absent-minded he seems. If he was out to get a glimpse of an ample bust then I would've thought he'd chosen someone more obvious. As lovely as Mary is, she isn't particularly buxom and you would think less likely to be stared at like that. I hope you understand what I mean!

Yes Catherina I understand what you mean. Unfortunately for him his eye level is directed at the cleavage when all probability he was checking out the magnificent old necklace. Whatever, Mary handled herself very well. It made at least two of our news channels here in Australia. Luckily for him it was Mary and not an ordinary Aussie girl who might have accidently knocked him on the nose as she adjusted her hair. After she caught him in the act.

Haha, I love that when Mary is turning her head he's looking away - as if it wasn't noticeable that he was looking. I will say though that the ruby parure is absolutely stunning, so I wouldn't blame him for looking at that. When that's said, IMO he looks a bit too guilty to only having checked out the jewellery :p

Last edited:
Well, if a woman is showing cleavage and a man is glansing admiringly for a brief moment, you can hardly blame him.
There is a big difference between a breif admiring glance and staring.
The first is (hopefully) a compliment, the latter is being in heat.

It sounds pretty hollow when women, who are sporting a cleavage down to their navals complain about how men ogle them. "Men are pigs! and should all be.."

Having said all that, if the good Arajärvi was admiring Mrs. Muhler's necklace in the same manner, he would get a warning stare from me: "You are on my turf. Get lost"! :evil:
- Standards are great, you know. Double standards are twice as good. ;)

Dear Muhler you always find the best and appropriate smilies. cheers

Ah, the cleavage story. :lol:

He's a husband of already ex-president of Finland. I found it funny, like he's checking portrait on Mary's chest.

Note how Mary endeavours to cover her cleavage as best she can.

How dreadfully obvious he made it too. The old "look at the roof when sprung and she'll think I wasn't looking at her breasts".

What a perv!

I know what's going on...

TBH, he's not checking out the cleavage. I'm a dude, and sometimes something peculiar just catches your eye. My guess is he's looking at the medal trying to figure out who or what it portrays. It might have text on it or something, and because of the angle it looks like he's checking out her chest. Sometimes, if a girl have a peculiar necklace or similar that has lettering or is supposed to resemble something, I look - even stare - but innocently so.

Now, the split second the woman (in this case Mary) looks my way, I realize that this could be misconstrued as ogling and turn away, inadverdently "confirming the suspicion" that I was in fact checking out her boobs when I was not. In either case, the guy can't follow up his stare with a question or comment, as it would interrupt the speaker so he's stuck.

And while I like a nice cleavage as much as the next guy - perhaps even more (!) - it's not always about tits. And Mary's reaction is only escalating the "incident". First of all, she wears all kinds of bling, and a tasteful but also slightly revealing dress. If she's so uncomfortable that she actually have to cover her cleavale (discreet as it might be) says something about her choice of clothes and/or apparel. This is a critique that could go out to a lot of women BTW. Although I secretly - no openly - suspect you of doing it on purpose to wrongfully claim the moral high ground.

Also, a peculiar cultural idiosyncrasy where women are offended when their carefully construed garments, picked mainly - if not solely - for that purpose (male attention) work as intended.

Go figure.

Revealing? Come now, there is nothing revealing about the Prada evening dress worn to the Gala Banquet. That is a fairly natural reaction for any women; the one's who aren't out for oogling male attention in any case.

You almost speak of the Crown Princess as though she were a flirtatious teenager, yet I doubt very much that the Crown Princess chooses her wardrobe on the basis of male attention. Her attire is age appropriate, often classic in style and befitting a woman of her station.

And while much of your post could be seen as a feesible explanation of sorts, personally I'm not so convinced, but it may very well be the case and is 'somewhat' amusing.

Furthermore, I'd imagine the man in question must pay alot of attention when in such company for he has associated with such circles for over 10 years! What a smorgasbord he's had!:D

picked mainly - if not solely - for that purpose (male attention)

I'd expect no less from a red blooded male poster!

Last edited:
Seriously is talk about the Crown Princess' cleavage, and other peoples, in such a distasteful manner appropriate for a thread celebrating Queen Margrethe's jubilee? I think not.

Seriously is talk about the Crown Princess' cleavage, and other peoples, in such a distasteful manner appropriate for a thread celebrating Queen Margrethe's jubilee? I think not.

:previous:Probably not. Then again, was it appropriate for the Finnish president's husband to stare at the chest of the crown princess seated next to him during the jubilee gala?

It definitely looked like a very awkward moment. I'd like to think it was just the camera angle and that things were not as bad in perspective, but you can see from Mary's response that she also assumed that he was staring at her chest. She handled it well, but I am disgusted on her behalf.

There was no cleavage, the rest is up to a prurient mind.

If you don't want anyone to look at your chest; dont show any cleavage or any orders placed near the neckline of your dress. The gentleman in question was not very discreet but I doubt he was looking at CP Mary's cleavage. There were much more revealing sights at the event.

:previous:Probably not. Then again, was it appropriate for the Finnish president's husband to stare at the chest of the crown princess seated next to him during the jubilee gala?

If he did, then probably not. But it makes it worse by talking about it, and for some posters in a very rude manner.

Okay, let us move on shall we?

Back
Top Bottom