The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2016, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

This is very tooooo early. We don't even know if Camilla will be Queen or remain Duchess.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
That's interesting. I didn't know that only heirs attended. What happens then if you are childless of your heir is a child? In the case of Monaco, for example, it's unlikely that Prince Jaques will be an adult when Charles is crowned so would that mean that no one from Monaco would attend at all?
Funnily enough P.Albert of Monaco seems to be the one monarch who doesn't comply with this tradition... he was the only monarch present at the inauguration of K.W-A of the Netherlands
But i get your point, in several euro momarchies the heir at the moment is a child, they will certainly not attend on their own, but maybe the spouse of the various monarchs *can* attend?
The coronation of QEII f.i. was attended for the NL by the dutch spouse to the monarch: P.Bernhard

Old 08-25-2016, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen of Tonga did attend Queen Elizabeth IIs Coronation, but rulers of countries or nations within the Commonwealth, or Empire as much of it was then, are different.
If the heir to another throne, like Spain for example, isn't an adult, then another senior Royal would be sent, I'm sure, perhaps ex King Juan Carlos/Queen Sofia.

This shows the royals present at the Queen's Coronation, including rulers from within the Commonwealth/Empire.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...n_Elizabeth_II
Old 08-25-2016, 08:49 AM
Serene Highness

Albert of Monaco was the only sovereign to attend the Dutch inauguration, everyone else was either spouse of a sovereign prince or heir or another royal. I was always under the impression that sovereigns didn't attend so the new king or queen wasn't 'outranked' by longer serving sovereigns.

I think the current monarchs with child heirs would most likely send their siblings to represent them.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Nobility

if the heirs are still children or there is no heir apparent then the next close to the monarch would represent him like in the 1953 coronation
Prince George of Greece and Princess Marie Bonaparte represented their nephew, King Paul of Greece .
Prince Bertil, Duke of Halland (represented the King of Sweden)
Prince Axel of Denmark and Princess Margaretha of Sweden (represented the King of denmark) etc.
if prince albert doesn't break the rule again it would be likely princess caroline that will represent her brother .
Old 08-25-2016, 09:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
This is very tooooo early.
the queen is 90 years old there is already a plan for the coronation that is ready to take effect when the time comes .
Quote:
We don't even know if Camilla will be Queen or remain Duchess.
that's why when i guessed i didn't mention her i just mentioned those who are definitely gonna attend and that any changes in the coronation won't interference with them attending
Old 08-25-2016, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That's interesting. I didn't know that only heirs attended. What happens then if you are childless of your heir is a child? In the case of Monaco, for example, it's unlikely that Prince Jaques will be an adult when Charles is crowned so would that mean that no one from Monaco would attend at all?

I also thought the Queen of Tonga attended Queen Elizabeth's coronation.
The same policy is followed in the Netherlands: only heirs. So we saw Charles and Camilla, Naruhito and Masako, Felipe and Letizia, Guillaume and Stephanie, Maha Vajajilongkorn, Victoria and Daniel, etc. By lack of an available heir the House was represented by someone else: Princess Lalla Salma, Prince Albert, Sheikha Mozah, Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath, etc. So what we saw in Amsterdam will roughly be the same in London.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder if Silvia will loan Victoria one the bigger Swedish tiaras? Equally who knows....we could see the first appearance by the Dutch Stuart Tiara
Old 08-25-2016, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
if the heirs are still children or there is no heir apparent then the next close to the monarch would represent him like in the 1953 coronation
Prince George of Greece and Princess Marie Bonaparte represented their nephew, King Paul of Greece .
Prince Bertil, Duke of Halland (represented the King of Sweden)
Prince Axel of Denmark and Princess Margaretha of Sweden (represented the King of denmark) etc.
if prince albert doesn't break the rule again it would be likely princess caroline that will represent her brother .
I think that Albert and Charlene would both go to this. If Albert went to Amsterdam I'm certain he wouldn't miss this one. Charles's coronation will be the biggest, most glittering royal event since 1952, no question about it. Unlike some other monarchs Albert gets away with going because even if he has reigned longer he can't outrank a King anyway as he's not a King himself. The same actually applies to the Grand Duke of Luxembourg whose only an HRH not a Majesty.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I think that Albert and Charlene would both go to this. If Albert went to Amsterdam I'm certain he wouldn't miss this one. Charles's coronation will be the biggest, most glittering royal event since 1952, no question about it. Unlike some other monarchs Albert gets away with going because even if he has reigned longer he can't outrank a King anyway as he's not a King himself. The same actually applies to the Grand Duke of Luxembourg whose only an HRH not a Majesty.
it doesn't matter the title of the monarch there is no one outrank a monarch whether he is a emperor or even a reigning Baronet no one out rank him except a longer reigning other monarch
prince rainier iii actually outranked the kings of sweden , belgium , norway and spain and the queen of denmark because he was a monarch for almost 56 years
Old 08-25-2016, 11:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I wonder if Silvia will loan Victoria one the bigger Swedish tiaras? Equally who knows....we could see the first appearance by the Dutch Stuart Tiara
it would be appropriate if victoria wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure or the Nine Prong Tiara
but we aren't gonna see the stuart tiara in the british coronation because it's only reserved for the queen and she wouldn't attend the coronation
Old 08-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Nobility

it would be also appropriate if mette marit debut queen maud's diamond tiara that was returned to the family after princess ragnhild death
Old 08-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
That is unlikely as the Braganza and the Stuart are reserved for the Queen. When the same policy is followed as in London 1953, Amsterdam 1980 and Amsterdam 2013, then Heirs will be invited. The Princess of Orange, the Duchess of Brabant, the Princess of Asturias, all too young. Maybe then we will see Astrid & Lorenz, Constantijn & Laurentien and Infanta Elena representing their Houses.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This is very tooooo early. We don't even know if Camilla will be Queen or remain Duchess.
Her title is not so relevant. As Duchess of Cornwall she already wears gigantic jewels.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
That is unlikely as the Braganza and the Stuart are reserved for the Queen. When the same policy is followed as in London 1953, Amsterdam 1980 and Amsterdam 2013, then Heirs will be invited. The Princess of Orange, the Duchess of Brabant, the Princess of Asturias, all too young. Maybe then we will see Astrid & Lorenz, Constantijn & Laurentien and Infanta Elena representing their Houses.
I suspect Charles might be the last British monarch to be crowned, if he is crowned at all. Coronation is a very old-fashioned tradition that has been abandoned elsewhere in Europe and will probably be replaced by a lower key enthronement ceremony as Charles or William move to "modernize" the British monarchy.

On the second point, the Duchess of Brabant is already 14, so I'd say that there is a fair chance she might attend Charles' coronation (or enthronement/inauguration) if Queen Elizabeth II reigns for at least another five years or so. The chances are somewhat smaller for the Princess of Orange, who is only 12, but it is still possible that she will attend too. If Princess Elisabeth is old enough to be present, I suspect she will wear the Brabant Laurel Wreath currently worn by her mother, or she may get a new tiara for her 18th birthday.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Tiara and Jewels guessing for prince charles coronation

Who cares what the rest of Europe does? The coronation ceremony for British monarchs has been the same ceremony for a 1000 years. The British has always done things differently. They still do the ceremony of the keys at the tower, Swan upping, Trooping the Colour, State opening of Parliament etc - all things that don't have to be done but are still done.

Most people alive have never seen a British coronation in real life. Only bits of the Queen's on television. Some of us will only see Charles's, a few more may get to William's and the younger people will see George's if they are lucky.

Millions each year flock the Tower to see what? A very old building? No the Crown Jewels. A coronation in Westminster in the coronation chair with the crown of St Edward the Confessor like your parent, grandparent, great grand parent, down the line of history has to be pretty moving to the person being crowned.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Nobility

does anybody knows if heads of non-reigning and former royal houses dose attend coronations or they don't i'm talking about people like ( crown prince alexander of serbia , grand duchess maria vladimirovna , Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia etc.. )
Old 08-25-2016, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Camilla can not 'remain' anything. She is HRH Princess of Wales, but when her husband is king, Kate will be DOC and eventual Princess of Wales.

The suggested title has been Princess consort, like Philip and Henrik. So instead of HRH Princess Charles, Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, she will be entitled like Philip, to use her own name. They would be HM King Charles III and HRH the Princess Camilla, Princess Conort of Great Britain.

But that would take letters issued and a new title created. In the UK, the wife of the king is queen plain and simple. I don't see her not be queen. She doesn't use POW, even though she is, because of Diana. But Diana was never queen. Its time Diana's ghost is laid to rest, and Camilla is recognized as the wife she is.

Either way, Queen or Princess Consort, she will be the senior lady at court and her tiara will reflect that. I don't think Camilla will have a new tiara like the other consorts.

-if queen, George IV or would love to see her in Queen Mary's coronation
-consort think we will see one of QEII's big guns, either the Girls or Mary's fringe (possibly the Burmese)

I don't think any of the big guns may be worn by anyone but Camilla to it.

Deli tiara may be good bet for Kate. Camilla wore it for her 1st tiara event as POW/DOC. Fitting for Kate to as well.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
does anybody knows if heads of non-reigning and former royal houses dose attend coronations or they don't i'm talking about people like ( crown prince alexander of serbia , grand duchess maria vladimirovna , Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia etc.. )
If you look at Queen Elizabeth's Coronation there were representatives of non-reigning royal Houses there and a few heads of Houses like the Margrave of Baden and his wife and the parents of the future king of Spain. However, they tended to be relatives.

Down the bottom of this list are the representatives of non ruling Houses.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...n_Elizabeth_II
Old 08-25-2016, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

I don't recall seeing non-reigning royals at the Dutch inauguration. I guess for Charles' coronation some will attend as they are related to a number of non-ruling royals through Prince Philip, maybe the Greeks as Charles seems close to them.

Tags
british, coronation, jewels, prince charles, tiaras