The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2018, 07:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I rather think it would look 'lost' the the Duchess of Cornwall's hair, [the Kokoshnik 'wall' would be better suited] ? The Duchess of Cambridge would look great in it, but she already has 'other options'.
Ms Markle may receive a lifetime loan of it, and it would suit her 'unfussy' aesthetic and small frame, and if she did it will ultimately return to the 'main line' to be re-used once again..
Catherine would look great in it. As regards her other all diamond options, the Lotus is nice, but I do t know if she still has access to it. The Fringe could be a good alternative to the Lovers Knot.

Actually depending how on who has the Lotus at the moment, it may be a good choice for Meghan. It's a versatile tiara of a good size, has a historical link, albeit not too closely with the main line.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent

If Meghan did buy a tiara from an auction house or a private sale, is the business of where it was purchased private information or can the seller be revealed?

Old 05-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
If Meghan did buy a tiara from an auction house or a private sale, is the business of where it was purchased private information or can the seller be revealed?
Depends on the term of the sale. But most likely it'll be private unless the auction house already listed it publicly.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

They don't disclose that info.

LaRae
Old 05-07-2018, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/da/eb/a8/d...0687f9c5ab.jpg

Saw this for sale recently. Thought it was a nice, classic piece that would work well as a starter tiara.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:08 PM
Courtier

It's pretty and symmetrical. Definitely a starter tiara. However, in my opinion, I'm not sure BRF will be shelling out money for a tiara right now.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

EloisevonLippe, It is a beautiful tiara. If Prince Charles bought it for Meghan, than she will have a tiara that is her very own.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EloisevonLippe View Post
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/da/eb/a8/d...0687f9c5ab.jpg

Saw this for sale recently. Thought it was a nice, classic piece that would work well as a starter tiara.
I have seen this tiara too, it sits in the shop window of Bentley & Skinner in Piccadilly, and has been around for a few years. Clearly, not many buyers!
Old 05-08-2018, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Bentley & Skinner are VASTLY overpriced [having extremely expensive premises to pay for, on Piccadilly].

A private or auction purchase would be more discreet, and therefore more likely.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Serene Highness

Since Charle's likes to buy jewelry I hope he buys Meghan a couple of pieces as a wedding present.

I'm sure Harry will give her something as well.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Since Charle's likes to buy jewelry I hope he buys Meghan a couple of pieces as a wedding present.

I'm sure Harry will give her something as well.
Megan will get given a full parure comprising a tiara, necklace, earrings, bracelet and posit a brooch or two. It could be a married paturw, or assembled from different sources, a d nay come as presents from various family members : the Queen, C&C, the Cambridges or Harry.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

It would be great if Harry and Meghan attend this years diplomatic reception. I wonder what tiara Meghan would wear if she goes.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:58 AM
Majesty

I don't think they will attend, but IMO I don't believe she will have another tiara loan months after the wedding, so it would be the Queen Mary diamond bandeau.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

I believe that she will go the Sophie-route and wear only wear her wedding tiara for the first years of her marriage. But I hope that she'll be loaned a second tiara after some years. I'd love to see the sapphire bandeau worn once again. But then, it is fairly similar to her Surrey brooch bandeau, which probably can be worn with other centre pieces as well.

But she might be loaned some nice bracelets or necklaces soon, so I look forward to that.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:06 AM
Serene Highness

I think Meghan will stick to her Wedding tiara for a while. If she needs a tiara when it is on exhibition, i think she will be loaned the Lotus Tiara. It would suit her and i can see Meghan and Kate "sharing it" for some years when they don't wear their signature pieces.

I hope she recived some beautiful necklace's and earrings in wedding present too :)
Old 09-06-2018, 11:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I think Meghan will stick to her Wedding tiara for a while. If she needs a tiara when it is on exhibition, i think she will be loaned the Lotus Tiara. It would suit her and i can see Meghan and Kate "sharing it" for some years when they don't wear their signature pieces.

I hope she recived some beautiful necklace's and earrings in wedding present too :)
I have wondered that if Meghan and Harry participate in the annual Diplomatic Reception in December, what tiara would she wear since her wedding tiara will be on display.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I have wondered that if Meghan and Harry participate in the annual Diplomatic Reception in December, what tiara would she wear since her wedding tiara will be on display.

In recent years the diplomatic receptions have become a top tier event. As in only the heirs and their wives attend. So I don't think we can expect to see Harry and Meghan there any time soon. Maybe this will change after Charles is King.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
In recent years the diplomatic receptions have become a top tier event. As in only the heirs and their wives attend. So I don't think we can expect to see Harry and Meghan there any time soon. Maybe this will change after Charles is King.
I think there is a reasonable chance they will attend, if not this year, then in subsequent years, irrespective of who the monarch is.

If they were to attend, I expect Meghan to continue to use her wedding tiara. I don't expect to see her being given access to more tiaras for a fair few years. I think there was a reasonable amount of thought in the selection of that tiara, as it is a serious enough tiara for somebody who is unlikely to have access to other tiaras, yet is not historically significant, so it could potentially leave the "main line" in time.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

The tiara is only a loan, so it would never leave the main line regardless of how significant it might be.

But I do agree it will be her only tiara for the first few years, so they loaned her a nice sized, all diamond one that she can wear with everything.
Our only hope for a different tiara would be an event while the wedding tiara is at the exhibition. Perhaps a state visit in 2019.