'Together At Christmas' Carol Service at Westminster Abbey: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The CC didn't list anything for Edward at all ... but that doesn't mean he didn't have anything.

Anne had engagements all day.
I would have thought that both Anne and Edward would have been there, as it was a tribute to the Queen, but then that would have raised the "Andrew" question. Can't have all the Queen's children there, except for one.

Anne had another engagement. She had a Investiture at Windsor Castle in the afternoon and they usually take two or so hours and she needs to be their for at least 30 minutes before and stays until all of those invested have left and many stick around to take a family photo with their award in the grounds of Windsor. She had another event in London in the evening after a morning meeting and Lunch and all at different venues in London and in Windsor.

Edward - who knows. Maybe we will find out but with neither of his children there he may very well have been doing something with one or other of them. A lot of schools, for instance, are having a Christmas event at their school so maybe James was doing something and Edward was with James. Then again he may have simply wanted a quiet afternoon at home to do something by himself with no one around.

No one will ask 'where is Andrew'? We all know he is persona non grata at any royal events now. We know he won't be at the family's Christmas, or any events for his brother's coronation. He simply no longer exists as far as the royal family is concerned - he is persona non grata to the King. At least he hasn't gone the interview route - I wonder what dirt he could dump on Charles but he is loyal to the Crown and takes his officer's oath seriously. He won't be seen ever again - except for the stalkers of the DM who sit outside his home and Windsor Castle to take photos of him riding.

Agreed. I’m so pleased so many family members came out for this.

Delighted to see a large family turnout for the Christmas Carol Service at the Abbey!

List of attendees (my version):

The King and The Queen-Consort
The Prince and Princess of Wales
Prince George of Wales
Princess Charlotte of Wales
Zara and Michael Tindall
Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank
The Countess of Wessex
Lady Sarah Chatto
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
The Duke of Kent
Princess Alexandra, The Hon. Lady Ogilvy
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent
Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor
Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston
Michael and Carole Middleton
Pippa and James Matthews

Does Westminster Abbey always change their entrance this time of the year? It looks rather different with all those Christmas trees and especially the fake wall in front of the real entrance. It almost looks like a side-entrance when you see them enter.

It looks like Catherine was the only one in the Wales family curtsying/bowing to their majesties.

(from 2.51)

I love the kissing on the cheeks of the family members. That is not something I've seen before in the BRF.

Anne had another engagement. She had a Investiture at Windsor Castle in the afternoon and they usually take two or so hours and she needs to be their for at least 30 minutes before and stays until all of those invested have left and many stick around to take a family photo with their award in the grounds of Windsor. She had another event in London in the evening after a morning meeting and Lunch and all at different venues in London and in Windsor.

Edward - who knows. Maybe we will find out but with neither of his children there he may very well have been doing something with one or other of them. A lot of schools, for instance, are having a Christmas event at their school so maybe James was doing something and Edward was with James. Then again he may have simply wanted a quiet afternoon at home to do something by himself with no one around.

No one will ask 'where is Andrew'? We all know he is persona non grata at any royal events now. We know he won't be at the family's Christmas, or any events for his brother's coronation. He simply no longer exists as far as the royal family is concerned - he is persona non grata to the King. At least he hasn't gone the interview route - I wonder what dirt he could dump on Charles but he is loyal to the Crown and takes his officer's oath seriously. He won't be seen ever again - except for the stalkers of the DM who sit outside his home and Windsor Castle to take photos of him riding.

I read that James was not well and that Edward stayed at home with him. I apologize for not keeping the source.

The carol service from Westminster Abbey, hosted by the Princess of Wales and attended by many other members of the Royal and Middleton families, was broadcast on ITV tonight. It was absolutely beautiful.

It was a lovely service and with all the family being there also that not that not a lot has changed with the transfer of reigns. Although with rumours of Fergie and Camilla’s daughter being at Sandringham for Christmas, a sign of perhaps a more inclusive time.

Last edited:
How far in advance is King Charles III's Christmas Broadcast filmed?

The Wales children are absolutely gorgeous and super tall!

I love the photo of Catherine scolding little Louis for running ahead, while Charlotte gives him a disapproving glare :lol:

Glad to see that the children's charities are the focus this year and that those who work for them are being honored. Good turnout this year from William's cousins too.

Looks like a lovely evening with a very nice turnout from William and Catherine’s families.

Lovely to see so many if the family and particularly Wolfie, Savannah, Isla and Louis who made a first appearance.

This is the sort of event where Charles' 'smaller royal family' shows up. The late Queen would have listed all the royals who attended this event but the CC only records the working royals who attended (including the Duke of Kent but I haven't seen any images of him attending but that doesn't mean he didn't - he may have entered via a side door and so not been caught by the photographers)

This is the sort of event where Charles' 'smaller royal family' shows up. The late Queen would have listed all the royals who attended this event but the CC only records the working royals who attended (including the Duke of Kent but I haven't seen any images of him attending but that doesn't mean he didn't - he may have entered via a side door and so not been caught by the photographers)

I am glad that the DoK was present as I have been concerned about him lately. Prince Michael was also there last night.

It's nice to see the extended BRF come out to support HRH Princess of Wales and her charities, and it looks like the little ones had a lot of fun as well!

It's nice to see the extended BRF come out to support HRH Princess of Wales and her charities, and it looks like the little ones had a lot of fun as well!

HenRach-My delight and surprise was seeing how those "little ones" are not so little anymore!? Especially the children that we don't see as frequently as the Wales children. Savannah and Isla Phillips, Maud and Isabella Windsor, and young Wolfie Mapelli-Mozzi seem to have all grown by several inches in the past year.

I love the photo of Catherine scolding little Louis for running ahead, while Charlotte gives him a disapproving glare :lol:
Would you please share this photo? I’ve been looking and can’t find it - thanks:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom