The Wittstock Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sean Wittstock, brother of Princess Charlene was at the finish of the Dusi Canoe Marathon to congratulate Terence Parkin. Terence is an Ambassador of the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation and has been raising funds for the Foundation.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DziV3aIW0AIt_up.jpg

There are few 'family members of' as active as the Wittstocks, especially compared to the royal herself.

Gareth Wittstock as Secretary General of the Princess Charlene Foundation attended the draw for the "Princess Charlene of Monaco Prize" at the Yacht Club of Monaco:

Gareth has attended the draw of the teams for the "Princess Of Monaco Cup" at the Yacht Club de Monaco on October 2:

** gettyimages gallery **

Gareth as Secretary General of the Princess Charlene Foundation attend yesterday 15 December at a "U Giru de Natale", a charity running race in Monaco open to all, with routes suitable for young and old were € 2,000 in donations were donated to the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation.

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=b16c4b1c17930d2876db1031742aba99&oe=5E7E4F9D
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=4503b019f980a32b68092efc522ec9d3&oe=5E70CB3B

Also Gareth with his wife attend at the Bal de Noël were took place Saturday 14th December , at the Salle Empire of the Hotel de Paris, under the High Patronage of HPrincess Charlene.

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=4fcb2a8c511e3fc199b0d89dec7877b7&oe=5E6AE72B
https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=a3641f0c1d14947f7e7abc5481055fb1&oe=5E6C0BA9

Last edited:
Interview with Gareth Wittsock about donating Princess Charlene's foundation

From the minute 16:33

Confused - When your family marries in to the royals do you normally do this? Besides the Witstocks and the MIddletons - have any others?

Gareth Wittstock is general secretary of the Princess Charlene foundation, it is his role to do this .

Confused - When your family marries in to the royals do you normally do this? Besides the Witstocks and the MIddletons - have any others?
Which of the Middletons have become involved in any of Catherine's charities?

As for Gareth, it's my understanding from contacts in Monaco that there were a few problems with the administrative side of things. Gareth came in to help his sister as he lives in Monaco and understands what her goals are for the Foundation. The Foundation now works more smoothly as a result.

It's not unusual in Monaco - members of the Kelly and Polignac families are still involved in various philanthropic initiatives of members of the Princely family.

I'd say it is rather uncommon but she is not the only one.

Gareth has become a prominent feature in the Monegasque society thanks to his sister; and apparently has been given an official role in her foundation. When Albert was in Korea with the children she seemed to spend time with her brother instead.

In the business world it is not as uncommon to have family members in your board (which I think isn't good practice but well); and we see it in other (former) royal families as well.
* Tessy installed her boyfriend in the board of her NGO.
* Crown princess Katherine of Serbia/Yugoslavia is promoting her own family all the time (instead of her step-children; who are princes of Serbia/Yugoslavia).

Recently the Grand Ducal court officially announced the death of MT's uncle; which is also not that common.

My sister is in the administration council of the foundation, it works very well, Madame Falco Agnes who was the first general secretary of the foundation had to leave the job because of problèmes of health. Gareth was already working with the foundation, he became the general secretary, the foundation has never problems to work, it has two offices in the world USA and South Africa, there are the swim Learning programs and water safety programs in a lot of countries as Gareth Wittstock said it in the interview. I adviced to read the princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation site

Here is the activities rapport

https://www.fondationprincessecharlene.mc/docs_site/rapport-d-activites-2018.pdf

A foundation which works and has no problems

Each year there is the international rugby tournament Sainte Devote of rugvy 20 teams of several countries are coming to Monaco for this tournament which is becoming famious, and it is since 2011,I think it is cancelled because the corona virus
The Week before desavantaged children are invited at Monaco it is since 2015, last year there were teams of USA, South Africa and Saint Mauricius. there is also the prix Princesse Charity, it is horses race , the princess choose the associations or foundation which will receive money after this race, a horse : a association, associations of Monaco and of Nice. I don' t speak of the water safety day or princess of Monaco price , all are organisez by the princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation

I asked to the Royal forum to do a thread about the princess Charlene foundation the answer was no

https://www.fondationprincessecharlene.mc/docs_site/rapport-d-activites-2018.pdf

As Gareth said it, it was the initiative of the princess Charlene and her foundation helped her to order these masks
The foundation ordered again masks because there were no more, there are no masks in Monaco and a lot of people asked them. and the distribution of the masks were appreciated

The Kelly family are part of the Princess Grace foundation USA and Polyniac family members were part of some charity associations in the years 30 and 40

Last edited by a moderator:
As Gareth said it, it was the initiative of the princess Charlene and her foundation helped her to order these masks
The foundation ordered again masks because there were no more, there are no masks in Monaco and a lot of people asked them. and the distribution of the masks were appreciated

The Kelly family are part of the Princess Grace foundation USA and Polyniac family members were part of some charity associations in the years 30 and 40
Nobody criticised the Foundation or needed a breakdown of its work. Regular followers of the Princess know what her foundation does. And also how to look at her Foundation's site.

The question was asked if it was usual for family members to get involved. I replied with what I have been told by people I know in Monaco - I know you like to be the only person who knows about Monaco and you have fairly frequently informed me that I must be wrong but... I was just saying what I was told. And it wasn't a criticism but you do see criticism everywhere so not a surprise.

I am not going to give details of private conversations on a public forum, it was nothing scandalous or particularly contentious but I was told Gareth was particularly asked to step into his current role to keep an eye on the administrative side. Nothing about the programmes of the Foundation. And from my outside perspective I think the Foundation has a clearer profile since Gareth took on his more active involvement. So to be honest I don't care if you have a family member who is on the council - I was just saying what I heard.

I also replied to the original question that there was nothing unusual about Gareth's involvement - there is a tradition of in-laws being involved in Monaco - my reference to the Kelly and Polignac families. The Polignac family were involved more recently than the 1940s, the Kellys are still very active.

Finally, nobody has criticised the Foundation for giving out the masks - it is understandably appreciated in Monaco, and outsiders can also appreciate the gesture.

Last edited:
The Princess Charlene Foundation sponsored three new mobile classrooms at Gugulesizwe Primary School in Benoni. Due to the fact that Charlene could not come to South Africa, she was represented at the official opening by her parents: Lynette and Mike, as well as her sister-in-law Chantell with children: Aiva Grace and Raigen, who cut the ribbon and handed over the keys to the school principal.

https://benonicitytimes.co.za/400186/new-classrooms-for-local-school-from-the-princess-of-monaco/

What a lovely gesture by the Princess and her Foundation. And for her family to step in and represent her as she is unable to travel to SA at this time.

On Saturday, 12 December was held the traditional Christmas Ball in the Salle Empire of the Hotel de Paris under the high patronage of Princess Charlene and in the presence of Gareth Wittstock, General Secretary of the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIvffkTFC7j/

It would be better if PC herself attended.

Starnge that the Princess herself wasn't present at her own Foundations Christmas Ball,thank goodness for her brother!

It is not the own foundation Christmas ball of the princess Charlene
It was not the foundation which gave the ball, it is an association which is giving the ball each year at the time of Christmas, and the money raised is for the Princess Charlene foundation , it is Under the patronage of the Princess Charlene

Last saturday, Albert and Charlene were at Roc Agel to celebrate the anniversary of the twins , there is a curfew in Monaco which is beginning at 8 pm and or the galas it begins at 9h 30, the Christmas ball began very early, Charlene could not be present

Here is the announce of the foundation

https://www.facebook.com/Fondation-Princesse-Charlène-de-Monaco-248841815194735/

Princess charlene was present

https://www.facebook.com/Fondation-.../photos/pcb.3588197464592470/3588197214592495

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not the own foundation Christmas ball of the princess Charlene
It was not the foundation which gave the ball, it is an association which is giving the ball each year at the time of Christmas, and the money raised is for the Princess Charlene foundation , it is Under the patronage of the Princess Charlene

Last saturday, Albert and Charlene were at Roc Agel to celebrate the anniversary of the twins , there is a curfew in Monaco which is beginning at 8 pm and or the galas it begins at 9h 30, the Christmas ball began very early, Charlene could not be present

Here is the announce of the foundation

https://www.facebook.com/Fondation-Princesse-Charlène-de-Monaco-248841815194735/

Princess charlene was present

https://www.facebook.com/Fondation-.../photos/pcb.3588197464592470/3588197214592495

That isn't Charlene, I thought it was too at first but when you look closer you can see it isn't.

I think she was present judging by the second picture on Instagram.

I think she was present judging by the second picture on Instagram.

From the Princess Foundation website:
On Saturday 12 December 2020, the traditional Christmas Ball was held in the Salle Empire of the Hôtel de Paris under the high patronage of HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco and in the presence of Mr. Gareth Wittstock, Secretary General of the Princess Foundation Charlene of Monaco.
Bal de Noël 2020 - Fondation Princesse Charlene de Monaco

So under the patronage of Princess Charlene but in the presence of Gareth Wittstock. If Charlene had been present the Foundation would have said so.

From the Princess Foundation website:
On Saturday 12 December 2020, the traditional Christmas Ball was held in the Salle Empire of the Hôtel de Paris under the high patronage of HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco and in the presence of Mr. Gareth Wittstock, Secretary General of the Princess Foundation Charlene of Monaco.
Bal de Noël 2020 - Fondation Princesse Charlene de Monaco

So under the patronage of Princess Charlene but in the presence of Gareth Wittstock. If Charlene had been present the Foundation would have said so.

Thank you, I do speak english but the woman who appears in the second picture looks very much like Charlene.

Thank you, I do speak english but the woman who appears in the second picture looks very much like Charlene.

Yes, I also thought there was a very strong resemblance as well. Yet, with further information about Charlene being with her family and no actual mention that Charlene was there on the Foundation website it would be nice to find a more definitive disclaimer that she was unable to attend vs deciphering the language on the website and enlarging photos.:rolleyes:

This ball has been around for a few years now and I think PC has only attended once.There's pictures from it every year and I'm always confused as to why she's never there as it's under her patronage. When you enlarge the pictures it's clear the woman in black isn't her although it does look like her from a distance.

Last edited:
Gareth Wittstock and his wife attended the Monte-Carlo Fashion Week Awards today, May 18:

** rex gallery **

Gareth Wittstock attended a presentation of Wheelchair Rugby organized by the Monegasque Rugby Federation and the Princess Charlene Foundation in Monaco today, October 9:

** legion-media gallery **

Last week Gareth Wittstock signed a partnership agreement between the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation and the Monegasque company Shibuya Productions:

** instagram gallery **

Back
Top Bottom