The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it probably would have been better to just announce the separation of offices and foundation at the same time. Just rip the bandaid off all at once and be done with it. Why they didn’t is a good question. I have no idea. Unless they were still trying to salvage the foundation as is.

But- it still wasn’t going to play well in the media no matter what. It was already too late imo. Reversing course on the Fab 4 narrative that they’d put into play such a short time ago was going to be problematic. The RF has a reputation for forward thinking. This kind of turnaround smacks of internal issues forcing a change- not a long planned decision.

The time to announce upcoming structural changes and make it sound good was around the time Meghan joined the family. Not after they’d made it clear she was joining the foundation and making it sound like everything (including their joint offices) was staying the same, just with one more person.

I don’t think they were trying to salvage the foundation as is. I think they were just all woefully ill prepared unfortunately. While it’s been much publicized that the Sussexes have new staff and all, the Cambridges also faced major changes in their staffing. Both have relatively new Private Secretaries that came on board not so long ago. So, it was basically an entirely new leadership team at KP and major royal changes.

And I don’t know how much of the Fab 4 was the palace’s doing rather than the press. Certainly, the only engagement they attended together, other than family events, was that one engagement.

It was announced at the time of the engagement that Meghan will join the Foundation. I think the BRF simply underestimated how many things were changing at the same time and didn’t have sufficient plan in place.

Last edited:
The press created the "Fab Four" and they fully admit to that now. I do think the royals in a way played into it because it served their purpose at the time but they also didn't continue to feed it which is why the media was so quick to turn to gossip. They all created that monster together.

I don’t think they were trying to salvage the foundation as is. I think they were just all woefully ill prepared unfortunately. While it’s been much publicized that the Sussexes have new staff and all, the Cambridges also faced major changes in their staffing. Both have relatively new Private Secretaries that came on board not so long ago.

And I don’t know how much of the Fab 4 was the palace’s doing rather than the press. Certainly, the only engagement they attended together, other than family events, was that one engagement.

They probably weren’t prepared. True. Still- it wasn’t going to be pleasant publicly.

Fair point- they only did one engagement together. But Meghan did join the foundation. That was a mistake if they wanted to play “the brothers roles within the royal family are changing/both brothers being married necessitates a change” card so soon after she joined it. The press played it up- but the decision of the 4 them made it possible for them to do so.

The press created the "Fab Four" and they fully admit to that now. I do think the royals in a way played into it because it served their purpose at the time but they also didn't continue to feed it which is why the media was so quick to turn to gossip. They all created that monster together.

If you look at that beautiful foundation forum last year, we was about to get the royal “Fab Four.” As I said before, they would’ve been a very powerful force under the umbrella of their Royal Foundation. The success of the foundation depended on their solid relationship with each other.

The media picked up on the notion that all wasn’t well behind Kensington Palace’s walls. The narrative about the Sussexes move to Windsor was one thing, but the lack of joint public appearances by the couples on behalf of the foundation and no annual foundation forum this year, really raised some eyebrows.

William, Catherine, Harry and Meghan, can calm the waters by leaving their differences behind and come back together as the “Royal Fab Four” for Heads Together and other projects though. They can do this without being under the same Royal Foundation. If we continue to see a divide between these four, it’s just gonna be one headache after another.

Last edited:
SHOUT! really could have been an easy way to ease the tension talk in the media. This project was backed as by all four of them but when they presented it you only really saw the Cambridges, mainly William.

What a missed opportunity for that initiative which frankly has kind of been forgotten about already. Imagine had all four of them really came out and promoted it. It is such a great concept but the execution was extremely lackluster.

And as their final project together before the split.... it kind of shows.

So what would be the logic of being bothered by the attention the Sussexes are getting now (most of which seems to be negative attention recently BTW ) ?

I could see the Cambridges having an issue with the celebritization (don't have a better word for it ) that came with Meghan and Harry seemingly going along with it .For example there is nothing wrong with a baby shower but how that went down was absolutely bizarre.

I could see the Cambridges having an issue with the celebritization (don't have a better word for it ) that came with Meghan and Harry seemingly going along with it .For example there is nothing wrong with a baby shower but how that went down was absolutely bizarre.

It was a fairly normal baby shower for ppl that have money ...it's hardly Meghan's fault the media tracked her down and turned it into a circus.

LaRae

Actually I think it was that lovely lady photographer on Christmas Day 2017 who created the “Fab Four”.

They probably weren’t prepared. True. Still- it wasn’t going to be pleasant publicly.

Fair point- they only did one engagement together. But Meghan did join the foundation. That was a mistake if they wanted to play “the brothers roles within the royal family are changing/both brothers being married necessitates a change” card so soon after she joined it. The press played it up- but the decision of the 4 them made it possible for them to do so.

No doubt the handling of the split has been bad. But I can certainly understand why Meghan joined in the first place. Back then, their office was still at KP and no one really could’ve tell how much it was going to change. And certainly the transitions between staff also contributed to the lack of cohesiveness. That’s why I thought it would’ve been better for them to just come out and say this structure makes much more sense with the restructuring of the households.

I guess you missed how William pretty much had to beg celebs to get on board the mental health campaign. Pretty much all the royals are friends with celebs and the celebs are patron and ambassadors of their charities.

I guess you missed how William pretty much had to beg celebs to get on board the mental health campaign. Pretty much all the royals are friends with celebs and the celebs are patron and ambassadors of their charities.

I missed it too!

When/who/how was he begging celebs to get on board? I'd love the details.

I missed it too!

He should have given them a front row seat at the wedding then all, would have been fine.

It was a fairly normal baby shower for ppl that have money ...it's hardly Meghan's fault the media tracked her down and turned it into a circus.

LaRae

They didnt need to put much effort into the tracking..

I missed it too!

He talked about it at the World Economic forum last Jan.

He said,

"What was very interesting from when we set up the campaign was that not one celebrity wanted to join us," he said during a panel at the World Economic forum in Davos, Switzerland yesterday. "Not one person wanted to be involved in the mental health campaign, Heads Together."

"We went out to a lot of people and nobody, before we started, was interested in being a part of Heads Together—because it was mental health. That was two years, three years ago. You know, and that was a big deal."

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...elebrities-turned-down-mental-health-charity/

Thanks for that, I didn't realise tht they had so much trouble getting people on board

Mental health have a very bad stigma attached to it. Not everyone is comfortable talking about their mental health or the mental health of their family members or friends. The Cambridge’s and Sussex’s have been trying to break the horrible stigma on mental health and get everyone talking about it and helping people to seek help.

The royals have celebrity friends and know those who’s famous and who have their own mental health issues and they reached out to them to help support and highlight the issues surrounding mental health for the Heads Together Campaign.

People don’t have to look down on the British royals for being friends and working with celebrities for their charity work. The royals have been associated with the celebrity world long before any of us was born and that’s not going to change.

Last edited:

I was unaware there was a need for her to hide away and never go anywhere publica in her off time. They evidently did need to put effort into it...as I recall she was there several days before Page 6 found out.

LaRae

She was staying at Misha Nonoo's place for a few days before the media found out. British press only found out because of NY Post.

Why is this still being discussed? Please move on from this.

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, today held Meetings at Kensington Palace.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 3 JULY 2019

Last edited:
On the Royal Rota episode just released Chris Ship revealed that the Sussex foundation now has a name and they appointed a Chief Executive Officer. Today Richard Edenl reveals the day after the split was announced that "The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex" was registered and Natalie Campbell who was the Direction of Insight and Innovation for the Royal Foundation will be leaving to join the Sussexes. They are all under the impression they will be ready to launch in the fall.

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, today held a Meeting at Kensington Palace.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 11 JULY 2019

Last edited:
Court Circular 14th July:
Kensington Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, this evening attended the European Premiere of The Lion King at the Odeon Cinema, Leicester Square, London WC2, and were received by Colonel Jane Davis (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London).

This is absolutely fantastic, so many people being supported and helped.

This is such a wonderful initiative, and I love the fact that the very (extra) ordinary volunteers are the ones being highlighted. They volunteered to do extremely important, but also very taxing work, and it is making a real difference in people's lives.

A resolution was filed today with Companies House to officially change the name of "The Royal Foundation of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke & Duchess of Sussex."

We expect the foundation's name will be changed to "The Royal Foundation of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge."

But the name change document is being processed and will not be available to the public for 5 days.

Via Gert’s Royals Twitter

“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s charity has been officially renamed, removing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex from the title.”

“Documents published by Companies House on Tuesday show William and Kate’s foundation is now “The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge”.

Via Chris Ship Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom