The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: Aug. 2021- Oct. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed they do. Harry especially looks like he’s having a ball in the challenge! And Meghan appears to be really enjoying herself too. It’s really great seeing these two out having some fun!

Am I allowed to have a case of deep fuzzies? Harry and Megan look to be having a ball judging by the smiles, laughter and a display of their earlier relax and jump in and have fun. I have missed that.

I was heartened to hear that the trip to the Netherlands included a stop at Windsor. The earlier report that they had seen both Charles and Camilla and then the Queen was clear and unemotive except to say HM probably enjoyed the visit having had to pull out of Holy Week and Easter celebrations.

Sadly, when the Mail on Line caught up they went straight to the bottom of the barrel and insulted HM our Queen by contending that they were using her because she is old, sick and vulnerable. I read that at 0600 this morning and notice that the rude header has since disappeared,

Netflix cameras certainly weren’t there inside Windsor Castle, and indeed no other person was allowed inside the rooms where the Sussexes, the POW and Camilla and the Queen were.

The person who came up with the Queen being used by the Sussexes was Tom Bowyer, who is writing an unflattering book on Meghan he needs to flog. The Mail on Line reported what he’d inferred then apparently took it down.

I believe that the Netflix cameras are there (in the Netherlands, because they weren't at Windsor) is because TRH The Sussexes are doing a documentary about the Invictus Games showcasing several of the competitors.

I am still wondering why the organization decided to organize the Invictus Games over Easter, the most important Christian celebration of the year (both Good Friday and Second Easter are days of un the Netherlands). Unfortunately, the competitors aren't able to celebrate Easter and participate in the Games.

In addition, it's also Ramadan, making it harder for fasting muslim athletes. It's Pesach for the Jews and apparently, this is also a special 9-day period for Hindus. All in all, rather bad timing imho.

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eghan-overshadow-Queens-Platinum-Jubilee.html

It would be nice to see the whole Sussex family standing on the Palace balcony in June
I'm sorry, but why? They have spent the last two years actively attacking the institution, Harry even going as far as saying that it was a trap that his father and brother cannot leave. If they are so against this institutions, why would it be nice to see them there?

If they want to take part in some private celebrations, have the kids meet Harry's family, sure, go for it, I don't care. But a balcony appearance IMHO would be a mistake. And yes, I'm fully aware that doing so would be advantageous for the Sussexes.

I'm sorry, but why? They have spent the last two years actively attacking the institution, Harry even going as far as saying that it was a trap that his father and brother cannot leave. If they are so against this institutions, why would it be nice to see them there?

If they want to take part in some private celebrations, have the kids meet Harry's family, sure, go for it, I don't care. But a balcony appearance IMHO would be a mistake. And yes, I'm fully aware that doing so would be advantageous for the Sussexes.
I completely agree that including Harry and his family in Jubilee celebrations will be a mistake. They have attacked and put in bad light the BRF so why suddenly they should be forgiven and accepted back by letting them to assist on formal occasions? FOrgiving and meeting them in private is one thing and allowing them to appear publicly with other members of BRF is another thing.:sad:

I completely agree that including Harry and his family in Jubilee celebrations will be a mistake. They have attacked and put in bad light the BRF so why suddenly they should be forgiven and accepted back by letting them to assist on formal occasions? FOrgiving and meeting them in private is one thing and allowing them to appear publicly with other members of BRF is another thing.:sad:

Yes, doing so would cause much controversy.

Also allowing them to participate in the glamorous events like Trooping while avoiding the grunt work would be doing precisely what they wished to do in the beginning. (Half in, half out). It was forbidden then, so what has changed?

Last edited:
The Sussexes are only working for their own agenda, even at the Invictus Games. It comes in handy for the Netflix deal.
And yes, it would be a great mistake to allow them to participate in the Jubilee celebrations as on top of all that was mentioned, the great unknown factor will be Harry's books that he has to sell. So it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the content will praise the institution or its protagonists.

Harry and Meghan’s appearing at the Invictus Games has guaranteed huge amounts of international publicity for the Games and the competitors. Even here in Melbourne the news media has been on to it each day.

And Invictus is Harry’s own creation. He’s been absolutely devoted to it, and to the maimed and wounded vets who compete in this competition, from the beginning. As dozens of quoted letters from the vets speaking to what it means to them to compete, has shown. I remember reading the letters, all archived in this forum.

Harry and Meghan’s appearing at the Invictus Games has guaranteed huge amounts of international publicity for the Games and the competitors. Even here in Melbourne the news media has been on to it each day.

And Invictus is Harry’s own creation. He’s been absolutely devoted to it, and to the maimed and wounded vets who compete in this competition, from the beginning. As dozens of quoted letters from the vets speaking to what it means to them to compete, has shown. I remember reading the letters, all archived in this forum.

On top of this, a Netflix documentary would make the competition more well-known for veterans who don't about the competition along with, more importantly, wealthy businesses who would be encouraged to sponsor the event in the future.

I don't want to see them at the Jubilee celebrations, but it's obviously important to the Queen that they remain in contact, or she wouldn't have welcomed them to Windsor. She hasn't even met Lilibet in person, and she hasn't seen Archie in person since he was a little baby. So I hope, for the sake of the Queen and for the sake of the two children, that the whole Sussex family comes over at some point.

What Harry and Meghan cash in is their royal status and connections. Hence after 2 years they need to give something "royal" to secure other deals and to Netflix. They need the Buckingham Palace balcony and the carriage ride.

2 years of not seeing little Archie and never meeting little Lili is a good way of persuading the Queen and Charles to give them exactly what they want. And by doing so, many (Harry and Meghan friends and supporters) will see it as if the royal family really are guilty of all that Harry and Meghan have accused them.
IMHO, meetings with the royal family in private - absolutely, Invictus Games - absolutely, Trooping the Colour and Jubilee - a BIG mistake.

On top of this, a Netflix documentary would make the competition more well-known for veterans who don't about the competition along with, more importantly, wealthy businesses who would be encouraged to sponsor the event in the future.

Not if the cameras are only pointed at them and the statements spoken in the documentary is more "me, myself and i" and not alot of they them and others. From what im seeing they are making the invictus more about themselves and less on the actual veterans.

Not if the cameras are only pointed at them and the statements spoken in the documentary is more "me, myself and i" and not alot of they them and others. From what im seeing they are making the invictus more about themselves and less on the actual veterans.
With them kissing onstage at the Invictus and talking about their children, I doubt they can give the light to anyone else but themselves and their own lives. We know who you are, we know you have two children, did we really need to hear this again at this particular event? What did your children have to do with it?

Also, I've talked about them making it about their physical attraction exactly where it isn't needed. Let's say I wasn't surprised.

With them kissing onstage at the Invictus and talking about their children, I doubt they can give the light to anyone else but themselves and their own lives. We know who you are, we know you have two children, did we really need to hear this again at this particular event? What did your children have to do with it?

Also, I've talked about them making it about their physical attraction exactly where it isn't needed. Let's say I wasn't surprised.

Why was meghan on stage making a speech anyway? I will tell you why because invictus is their stage for the netflix documentary about themselves. She did not need to be on that stage if it was about the veterans it would make more sense to have a veteran on stage talking so netflix can film them instead it was the harry and meghan show with their script. This is a harry and meghan reality show folks not an informative documentary about disabled veterans.

Why was meghan on stage making a speech anyway? I will tell you why because invictus is their stage for the netflix documentary about themselves. She did not need to be on that stage if it was about the veterans it would make more sense to have a veteran on stage talking so netflix can film them instead it was the harry and meghan show with their script. This is a harry and meghan reality show folks not an informative documentary about disabled veterans.

How mean! :sad:

I'm inclined to agree. Harry set the Games up, which was a wonderful thing to do, but you don't really expect to go to any event and find the partner of the person in charge making a speech about "He's the father of our two little ones" and how much they love and respect them. I'm sure she does love and respect him, and I'm sure that he's a great dad, but the Invictus Games are about disabled veterans, not the family life of the Sussexes.

Mean is using injured veterans to promote yourself...

First time posting but this is very sad. Forgive me but this is not how the veterans see this. Harry and Meghan have been shown so much love by their Invictus family. No one has seen the Netflix documentary yet so we don’t know what will be shown but here we are jumping to conclusions. By marrying Prince Harry Meghan became part of the Invictus family, who else can introduce the founder of the Invictus Games better than the person who knows him the most. Meghan’s speech was well received by the Invictus family and they were touched by it. At the end of the day that’s what counts and despite their injuries they are still intelligent enough to know when they are being exploited unless you think otherwise

I'm inclined to agree. Harry set the Games up, which was a wonderful thing to do, but you don't really expect to go to any event and find the partner of the person in charge making a speech about "He's the father of our two little ones" and how much they love and respect them. I'm sure she does love and respect him, and I'm sure that he's a great dad, but the Invictus Games are about disabled veterans, not the family life of the Sussexes.

I am sorry because you don’t seem to understand what the Invictus Games are about, it’s about the family as well as the veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom