The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a fan of the McCartney dress...the cape is not well done. It's more like a nun's yoke.

LaRae

Emilia Wickstead was born in New Zealand and based in London. ABC this morning had a fashion expert on who said Meghan has worn Australian designers 6 times and NZ designers twice on this tour.

That is excellent after only six days, and a real boost for these designers IMHO.

Not a fan of the McCartney dress...the cape is not well done. It's more like a nun's yoke.

LaRae

It's not a caped dress. She is wearing two separate pieces. It's a coat designed by Gillian Anderson for the Windser London clothing line.

In black and white. Reusing pieces.

http://meghansmirror.com/royal-styl...ry-attend-invictus-games-reception-in-sydney/

Australian jeans and purse (Oraton). Shoes her go to aquazura whose designer is London raised and educated.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a private function on that was connected with the IG?

Have we seen this dress?
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/21/11/5250580-6299155-image-a-18_1540118243907.jpg

Apparently it's from an event on Sunday night.

No. Unfortunately we might not due to the nature of the event. Maybe KP will provide a picture, but I’m not holding my breath. Such a shame because that seems to be the most formal dress we’ve seen so far. And really the only think she’s worn since Bondi that will allow us a clear view of her bump.

She looks nice, but I hate that cross neck halter look on anyone.

That’s my favorite part of the dress. Lol I love the cross neck halter. It makes the dress more interesting. Very nice dress. She looks lovely.

Emilia Wickstead was born in New Zealand and based in London. ABC this morning had a fashion expert on who said Meghan has worn Australian designers 6 times and NZ designers twice on this tour.

LOL, I remember how some of "megxit" hashtag runners on Twitters saw Sophie wearing Emilia Wickstead's dress after Wickstead's controvercial takes on wedding dress as a sign of Sophie hating Meghan, and how she wore it to "show Meghan her place". One lady was almost sobbing: "Thank you, thank you, thank you Sophie, thank you so much!" And several weeks later Meghan herself came out in Emilia Wickstead's outfit. I giggled seeing this.

I love how she dress , but surprise so much black! thought the Queen only wanted black for funerals!

A fashion expert on my ABC TV this morning said that Meghan has worn 6 Australian designers so far, and 2 New Zealand designers. The black dress worn to the War Memorial yesterday was by a NZ designer.
The black jeans worn to Cockatoo Island was by a New York designer.

A commentator on tv a few days ago said that some Australian designers were asked to send some clothes to KP several months ago for Meghan to chose from.

I've seen speculations on Twitter how Meghan wearing Serena's blazer to Australia was a sign of support to Serena after this infamous caricature in Australian newspaper, where Serena was depicted wit "Jim Crow era"-undertones.

I am absolutely sure nothing of this was on Meghan's mind, but you can see how people make mountain out of a molehill. :ermm:

I love how she dress , but surprise so much black! thought the Queen only wanted black for funerals!

Either rumor or every royal woman breaks it. Anne, Kate, Sophie and Camilla have all worn black for events.

A fashion expert on my ABC TV this morning said that Meghan has worn 6 Australian designers so far, and 2 New Zealand designers. The black dress worn to the War Memorial yesterday was by a NZ designer.
The black jeans worn to Cockatoo Island was by a New York designer.

A commentator on tv a few days ago said that some Australian designers were asked to send some clothes to KP several months ago for Meghan to chose from.

Her jeans on Cockatoo were not American. The blazer was, a California brand, but not the jeans. The jeans are her Australian outland jeans from earlier. The only thing new in the look was the jacket.

In a casual, again mainly recycled, look at sailing event
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-styl...ustralia/meghan-harry-watch-invictus-sailing/

Looks to be her Outland jeans and the turtleneck from before. Great Invictus jacket. Love seeing her in trainers and very casual.

Shoes are French brand. But they have offices in London as well. The company focuses on sustainable products and fair trade.

Last edited:
Seriously?
???????????

This is hilarious. Now I’m dying to know how long she will keep it up.
I wonder if there’s a bookie in the UK who has set up betting, like for the Queen’s hats at Ascot.

I don’t get what is so hilarious. How long will who keep what up?

Last edited:
Make that three, i'm going to have to stop commenting on Meghans clothes because i'm often repeating myself and even I get bored of that. From now on i'm only going to comment on something I like.

I'm guessing it's in reference to the constant black with some white? (guessing since the reference to Ascot is about betting on what color the Queen will wear on any given day)

I don’t get what is so hilarious. How long will who keep what up?

I don’t really get it either...

I'm guessing it's in reference to the constant black with some white? (guessing since the reference to Ascot is about betting on what color the Queen will wear on any given day)

Yup.

She has worn 3 black dresses and 3 navy dresses in six days. This is not counting all the black trousers, shirts or the black and olive dress.

At this point it’s comedy not fashion for me. Which is good since I’ve had a crappy week and need a good laugh (my dog was diagnosed with cancer and we started chemotherapy).

It’s either consider the whole thing a big joke or despair at the amount of time, work, effort and money that has been spent to make Meghan look boring, repetitive and as colorless as possible.
I follow royals to relax and divert myself from real-life problems, not to get depressed by their fashion choices. When Harry, of all people, shows more colour and variety in fashion something has gone awry, imo.

I guess I’ll just keep ignoring this thread, since apparently this is what Meghan wants and I know her fans are going to attack me now.
The sad thing is I like Meghan and I was really excited to follow her fashion when the engagement was announced:sad:.

It's not a caped dress. She is wearing two separate pieces. It's a coat designed by Gillian Anderson for the Windser London clothing line.

In black and white. Reusing pieces.

http://meghansmirror.com/royal-styl...ry-attend-invictus-games-reception-in-sydney/

Australian jeans and purse (Oraton). Shoes her go to aquazura whose designer is London raised and educated.

I'm talking about the McCartney dress she wore the other night that she has worn before...not a white coat and black pants.

LaRae

Yup.

She has worn 3 black dresses and 3 navy dresses in six days. This is not counting all the black trousers, shirts or the black and olive dress. :.

I like what Meghan has worn so far, but it is a tad redundant. It’s mostly black, navy with a little white thrown in. One olive dress, the striped dress. Not much diversification. You really see it in a tour where there are so many wardrobe changes.

I like what Meghan has worn so far, but it is a tad redundant. It’s mostly black, navy with a little white thrown in. One olive dress, the striped dress. Not much diversification. You really see it in a tour where there are so many wardrobe changes.

Just to make it clear, I have no problem with individual pieces she has worn, they’ve all been appropriate.
But as you say, it is redundant, as well as repetitive and lacks visual distinction needed for such a packed tour where events all blur together anyway.

Had she worn these same clothes over a period of 5 months back in the UK, I would have no problem with them.

I'm impressed by how many black dresses she has...not in a bad way. She might have lots of different cuts and fabrics you could find on black dresses, even though it's black most of the times, she sure has variety when it comes to design. Wish I had that many too, I love black dresses, they are sexy, classic too and black is a "magical" color for those not thin like Meghan (it "hides" shapes)

I'm talking about the McCartney dress she wore the other night that she has worn before...not a white coat and black pants.

LaRae

I know you are talking about the black dress. It's Not a cape dress.

She wasn't wearing her Stella cape dress. She was wearing a different dress. And was wearing a coat. She had a coat draped over her shoulders. The coat was identified as a Gillian Anderson piece.

The white coat was by a different designer all together.

I know you are talking about the black dress. It's Not a cape dress.

She wasn't wearing her Stella cape dress. She was wearing a different dress. And was wearing a coat. She had a coat draped over her shoulders. The coat was identified as a Gillian Anderson piece.

The white coat was by a different designer all together.

I thought all the blogs were saying it's the cape dress under the coat?

I like what we can see of the crossed halter dress. I just wish I could see more clearly what the texture is on the halter. When you get that many black dresses, you begin to over-focus on any small details that differentiate them. I usually think that you can never really have too many LBD's, but I have a feeling Meghan is going to test that.

As usual, Meghan looks very pretty and appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom