The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Casual and practical, lovely outfit.

I like the Grey jacket/white shirt and boot combo...very nice look for the event today.

LaRae

A nice thank you from Outland Denim. They didn't forget Baby Sussex either... LOL

Outland Denim

@OutlandDenim
Follow Follow @OutlandDenim
More
We cannot think of a more suitable woman to carry the Outland Denim brand. A big thank you to the Duchess of Sussex (and bump!) for choosing to wear Outland Denim on this #royaltour!… https://www.instagram.com/p/BpBEPm1Akdq/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=tbgipdxcl9ia

6:59 PM - 16 Oct 2018 from Dubbo, New South Wales

Yeah, just heard that - what an incredible cause. I have to look into this brand. You can never have too many jeans and if they don't ship to us, I'll be heading to AUS in the spring anyway. haha

If I had the type of body I could order for, & if they shipped to Canada, I'd be at their site in a heartbeat!! What an awesome thing!!

BTW...Tom's Shoes, every pair of shoes sold, they donate a pair to various Inner City programs across the US & Canada. A friend, knowing how my feet are & who swears by them, mentioned that when recommending them to me.

There's a lot of Companies out there these days that have Making A Difference as a major part of their Policies & it is beyond wonderful to see!!

Meghan looks lovely today. Very practical with low heels on the boots and a casual jacked, white shirt and great jeans. She sat quite comfortably with her sleeves rolled up. The people at the gate were overwhelmed when the couple stopped and talked, took flowers etc. 'A once in a lifetime experience!' one woman said. Now, please storm, hold off!

She really hit it out of the park w/this look. Practical, comfy & yet still professional casual too. Perfect!! Not only that, but for anyone out trying to copy her style, this look will be a fairly affordable one to be able to do.

On a personal note...I want that jacket!! Love, love, love it!!

It’s functional but I feel like she’s taking the over sized things too far.

Poor Henry, he looks like he’s been drenched!

Never mind, it's not cold and the picture of Meghan holding the umbrella over him while he gave his speech is definitely unique and a keeper.

Never mind, it's not cold and the picture of Meghan holding the umbrella over him while he gave his speech is definitely unique and a keeper.
I think so myself… and I read the rain was extremely welcome there !

i am liking what she is wearing this visit so far,very lovely and appropriate choices
i especially like today jacket

The Duchess wearing another Aussie brand - Dion Lee. Pairing it with the trench coat from
day 1 (that one from fellow Aussie's Martin Grant)

with coat
without coat

Seems to be a slightly altered version of a Dion Lee dress - his dresses may have been a bit too spicy without alterations.

bumping out :)

Last edited:
Love the color, purse, shoe and trench...love the top part of the dress but not crazy about the uneven gaping hanging skirt. If it would of been a different skirt I probably would of loved the whole look.

LaRae

I think he’s releasing this dress tonight, right?

It’s clear that her body is changing and they obviously didn’t know how it was going to change exactly when they prepared for this tour. This dress is tugged in some places.

Looks a bit too snug in that shot but I can forgive her that....however I just really do not like that skirt design.

LaRae

Love the color, purse, shoe and trench...love the top part of the dress but not crazy about the uneven gaping hanging skirt. If it would of been a different skirt I probably would of loved the whole look.

LaRae

Really? That's the part I love the most. haha I think this piece will definitely be a mainstay in her working wardrobe. Seems just up her alley.

Baby Sussex also wants to be a part of today :)

Really? That's the part I love the most. haha I think this piece will definitely be a mainstay in her working wardrobe. Seems just up her alley.

I like the skirt too. Definitely livened up an otherwise uneventful dress. I have a dress with similar skirt. LOVE the way it feels when I walk.

I think it's distracting from the whole look. It just looks like part of her skirt has come undone or un-tacked.

LaRae

The Duchess of Sussex looks lovely. I like her style.

I am really happy that she has worn mostly Australian brands. And she has repeated the trench coat too. Hopefully, she will continue this trend.

Good on Meghan for wearing Aussie designers. I think she looks lovely, though I would have preferred another colour today.

I absolutely love Megsies look today. So happy she is supporting Aussie designers as well.

I love the skirt design. It makes the outfit interesting.

I do hope she has a bunch of backup outfits with her, because she is popping out of that one. It is snug around the midsection and the back is tight too. She may be in true maternity clothes soon.

Meghan looks lovely. Cool being 'introduced' to the Aussie designers.

I do hope she has a bunch of backup outfits with her, because she is popping out of that one. It is snug around the midsection and the back is tight too. She may be in true maternity clothes soon.

I agree-that dress might not have worked at all next week. It sure will be interesting to see her daily.

Agree. This outfit would not work next week. Glad she got a chance to wear it, though.

The Duchess wearing another Aussie brand - Dion Lee. Pairing it with the trench coat from
day 1 (that one from fellow Aussie's Michael Grant)

with coat
without coat

Seems to be a slightly altered version of a Dion Lee dress - his dresses may have been a bit too spicy without alterations.

bumping out :)

Glad to see ID on trench finally. Great another Aussie designer. Think the name is Martin Grant though.

I love the blue dress. The bottom is he best part. It takes a very basic dress and adds interest. :flowers:

One thing I love about her, maybe it's the neutrals wearer in me. She chooses different styles and cuts instead of a rainbow of colors. I much prefer a whole range of looks in neutrals. Over the same two or three shapes just in different shades.

Hope she continues rocking local designers. Doing great so far :flowers:

One thing I love about her, maybe it's the neutrals wearer in me. She chooses different styles and cuts instead of a rainbow of colors. I much prefer a whole range of looks in neutrals. Over the same two or three shapes just in different shades.

This. I prefer different looks. I personally don't do every color in the rainbow, but a good design with quality really changes things. Unfortunately this coat is not currently available to us plebs.

Looks a bit too snug in that shot but I can forgive her that....however I just really do not like that skirt design.

LaRae
I have a sister who worked up until eight months wearing a fitting uniform with a two-inch wide belt. When asked why she was leaving she said she was pregnant and was asked when she was due. Next month says she to shaking heads.

But, once she didn't have to fit into her uniform anymore she suddenly popped out within a week and you knew she was very pregnant. I wonder if the same dynamic isn't at work here with Meghan no longer having to hide it.

So, I am thinking that Jessica may be scouring designers for some slightly more "fitting" clothes that won't make Meghan look like she's wearing a sausage casing. I wouldn't mind betting she checked the ensembles to ensure they fitted over the weekend before they left and that dress most certainly won't fit next week and, to be honest, it's pushing it this week! The redeeming point was its colour that seems to work the same as it does for the Queen, she can be seen more easily. This is the first time I have actually noted just how petite Meghan really is.

The designer

Dion Lee: "It's a whole other level [of attention]. I can't say our website has ever crashed as a result of anyone wearing our clothes," he said. Meghan's custom dress was made "based on a previous dress of ours that she really liked".

I was struck by something Dion said in the interview though. He stated that they had been adapting the dress for Meghan and 'working with her stylist in New York'. I didn't know Meghan had a stylist apart from Jessica and she's based in Toronto, isn't she?

While I like aspects of Meghan's assymetrical, off the shoulder, unconventional style. Is it too much to ask for a bit of colour now and again? Now I like her darker palette of black, khaki, green, navy, taupe, etc.. I wear a lot of these colours myself as a kind of uniform BUT she is royalty now. I would like to see some eccentricies and individuality come out, I want to see prints and clashes that royalty does so well.

Hopefully we will see more colour by the end of the tour and pregnancy because I keep wishing for more and then....Catherine gives me what I crave with a pop of magenta tailoring

Please Meghan STEP UP and stand out!

Back
Top Bottom