The Duchess of Edinburgh's Fashion and Style, Part 1: March 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She looks wonderful in this outfit with her hair up and a wide brimmed hat.

is this a rewear?

I really like the pendant.

Lovely and summery and the hat too is wonderful!

The Duchess of Edinburgh looked lovely in her Suzannah coat dress at the first garden party for 2023 today, May 3:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** June 2022 **

That is a great look for Sophie.

The tailoring on the Suzannah coat dress is excceptional. Note the way the plaid on the sleeves is perfectly aligned with that on the front panels.

I love the hat. I love the cut of the dress coat but I do not like the checked pattern…not at all.

The Duchess of Edinburgh at a reception for Small Island Developing States today, May 5:

** Full view ** Upper part **

And at the Realm Governors General And Prime Ministers' Lunch today, wearing a Beulah London dress:

** Pic **

Is it me or has the Duchess changed in her fashion: more conservative, longer skirts, longer dresses?

The Duchess of Edinburgh at a reception for Small Island Developing States today, May 5:

And at the Realm Governors General And Prime Ministers' Lunch today, wearing a Beulah London dress:

** Pic **

The pink dress is beautiful but I dislike the polka dot dress.

I much prefer the pink dress. I do wish she’d have a sharper hairstyle. She appears to have fine hair and the longer, flowing style does nothing for her.

The Duchess of Edinburgh arriving at a family dinner at the private club Oswald's yesterday:

** Full view ** Full view **

And look number 4 of the day: at the reception for the royal guests:

** Pic **

And the Duchess of Edinburgh at the coronation today:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Edinburgh arriving at a family dinner at the private club Oswald's yesterday:

** Full view ** Full view **

And look number 4 of the day: at the reception for the royal guests:

** Pic **

And the Duchess of Edinburgh at the coronation today:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

The white dress at the reception is beautiful. I dislike her coronation dress. I don’t like the design.

That's spectacular, I hope at some point we will get a chance to see this in detail.

I don't think we will see these coronation gowns in any other occasion again as they are too specific to be worn at a state dinner or some other event.

In practice, it is a one-time piece like a wedding gown in my humble opinion.

I don't think we will see these coronation gowns in any other occasion again as they are too specific to be worn at a state dinner or some other event.

In practice, it is a one-time piece like a wedding gown in my humble opinion.

I think this is correct, but that doesn't preclude some type of exhibit, which is certainly something that the royal family has done in the past for things like weddings. I would not at all be surprised if the clothing of the main participants figured in a special exhibit at some point.

I expect that we will see them again as part of a special exhibition at BP in 5 or 10 years.

I am really glad we get to se it it - it is beautiful. I believe there will be an exhibition later in the year for the clothes to he’s and regalia but I doubt this will be included. Which is a pity - I would love to see it up close. Actually all the royal woman’s dresses - as everything was under those damn robes.
Personally this is up there with Samantha Shaws best work - the dress for the Queens funeral was great but this is on a new level.

Wow; stunning. I hope we see it without the robes when we get the official photos.

I would love to see a photo of the ladies without their robes so we can see their dresses.

The Duchess of Edinburgh at a Big Lunch in Cranleigh today, May 7:

And at the coronation concert in the evening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
The coral dress was just beautiful on Sophie. It really suited her.

The duchess looks lovely and everything works nicely,smart casual too.

I loved all the Duchess' coronation looks. My favorite was the concert look. She looked amazing!

Suzannah London has very detailed behind the scenes look on the making of the Duchess' coronation dress.

The Duchess of Edinburgh lovely in blue (Suzannah) at the second garden party at Buckingham Palace today, May 9:

** Full view ** Ascot 2022 **

Last edited:
The style, colour and fit are all lovely, but the v-neck ruffle thing is a bit dated. I think they should have left that off.

Back
Top Bottom