The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 10: November 2019 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this dress. It looks like something that can be worn during the day too.

The silver shoes and purse add some nice sparkle.

Her wavy hair and make up really were beautifully done.

I like the dress I think (it's dark and most of the pics are dark background)...the style is nice, not sure about those shoes with it. They almost seem to dressy with the style of dress.

LaRae

I don't think sparkly shoes go with a dress that is described as tweed. If she wanted something other than black, she should have gone for something in a red or purple.

I love the shoes and the purse. Fantastic. :flowers:

They would be great with a little black dress for an evening look. But this is the wrong dress. It looks like she attempted to turn a day time look into evening by adding sparkle and it doesn't work.

The dress is nice over all. I hate this odd length she has gone for lately. It would have looked better with different accessories.

The Duchess of Cambridge this evening watching a performance of Dear Evan Hansen in London:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERpSLs1WsAAzPDu?format=jpg&name=medium

The dress is by London brand Eponine and her shoes are Jimmy Choo.

Dear Evan Hansen is a fabulous show to be chosen by the Duchess; its focus on teen mental health is, of course, relevant to her Heads Together campaign, raising important questions that the Duchess will certainly want to address. Bravo:flowers:

Last edited:
I really like the dress and I can see the intention of the sparkly accessories both complementing the exquisite buttons and fleck in the material and making the outfit more suited to an evening event. However, I like the idea of a previous poster who noted purple or red accessories would have looked lovely. I think this dress is a repeater, so perhaps this option may come about.

Really nice dress on the duchess who looked lovely just hope she was warm enough!

I love the combination of the boucle dress with the sparkly Jimmy Choos. I wonder if Charlotte has her eye on those shoes - my daughter would have wanted to play 'dress-up' in them at that age. I'm coveting them now as a granny!

I love the dress, shoes, & purse, but the dress seems too casual for the purse & shoes. I really wish she would cut her hair; it rarely looks good unless it is pulled back/up.

I love the dress, shoes, & purse, but the dress seems too casual for the purse & shoes. I really wish she would cut her hair; it rarely looks good unless it is pulled back/up.

I have hair envy. If I had Catherine’s gorgeous hair, I’d have it long and usually wear it down as well.:lol:

I think she has fabulous hair!
I actually prefer it down, as I find most updos aging.

But really, lately she is wearing many different hairstyles.

The Duchess of Cambridge at an evening reception at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin today, March 3, wearing a dress by designer The Vampire's Wife:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Green and sparkly...

The Vampires Wife strikes again! Very pretty...

Last edited by a moderator:
Green again the duchess is spoiling the Irish ,looking very lovely at the Guinness Storehouse tonight.

Well this is stunning! I have to say, this dress is just about perfect. I think I might have chosen different shoes but the dress itself is beautiful. I'd be willing to be the people of Ireland and smiling to see all this lovely green from the Duchess.

Dear Lord. What an ugly ugly dress.

Well this is stunning! I have to say, this dress is just about perfect. I think I might have chosen different shoes but the dress itself is beautiful. I'd be willing to be the people of Ireland and smiling to see all this lovely green from the Duchess.

I really like the dress too. The fabric is amazing. Such a pretty shade of green too.

I’m not sure about the shoes either, though it’s hard to go wrong with black. I thought glittery might be nice, but it could have been overkill too.

The Duchess of Cambridge at an evening reception at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin today, March 3, wearing a dress by designer The Vampire's Wife:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

I think I’d like it if it were any other colour than green, I mean we know they’re in Ireland. I’d love this particularly with the hair down in a bright an vibrant red, pink or purple.

Get rid of the ruffles on the sleeve and the hem and the dress wouldn't be too bad. I don't think the ruffles suit Kate.

i love the evening look. Very classic and the style is perfect for Catherine

I'm on the fence on Catherine's evening dress - I like the colour but the shiny material makes it look cheap.

I love the color and style ...not sure about that fabric though.

LaRae

Need to cut off the matronly dust ruffle hem and sleeves. They ruin the look.

The dress material is beautiful as is the colour. But the shine is enough, ruffle just too much on it as well.

Really wish she chose another color. We get it you are in Ireland, you don’t have to be a walking shamrock. Day time green was more then enough.

Love the color, not sure about the ruffle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom