The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 10: November 2019 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! It was one of my top picks:clap:
And new Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry. Camilla is also a fan. Wonder if it’s a gift from Charles, or a wedding gift from someone like Prince Albert of Monaco (Charlene wears the line).
Although gold would work better with her fabulous dress.

Last edited:

Congrats you two, you guessed the dress that others on twitter were very surprised with this evening. :flowers:

It is a shame that Catherine seems to be the only attendee recycling a dress, no celebrities appear to be doing the same.

A stunnng Duchess tonight!!!!

She looks fabulous in this dress - it wasn't my 1st choice for a recycled one but I love seeing it again.

Congrats you two, you guessed the dress that others on twitter were very surprised with this evening. :flowers:

It is a shame that Catherine seems to be the only attendee recycling a dress, no celebrities appear to be doing the same.

I’ve been hoping to see this dress again for 7 years:D
That tour was fabulous, I want to see most of those clothes worn again and we haven’t see much of it repeated.

Actresses usually borrow gowns for the red carpet so my guess is they don’t own anything they could recycle. I did expect to see some vintage pieces though.

I've never liked this dress it gives me the impression that it's been pulled down at the front exposing her bra.

Kate certainly is not alone. Designers don’t just loan out gowns once. Many of the attendees are wearing gowns borrowed from designers that have been worn by other people. BAFTA also encouraged using designers like Stella who use eco friendly materials and processes. Not just about recycling. A lot of people like Meghan have taken to wearing eco friendly designers.

I love she recycled a tour gown. Usually she only ever repeats day looks from tours and even that is rare. Not my favorite of her tour gowns, I’d have lived to see her blue one from India but still.

Lovely jewelry. Yes brand Camilla has number of pieces from.

Lovely. An old gown that's fresh and seems almost weightless----I love the jewels she chose for this.

I find this dress quite ugly. Hope to never see it again. Twice is enough.

Catherine looks beautiful tonight - I'm getting slight medieval vibes from this gown, too!

I’m really not keen on this dress at all .

I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't care for this dress. My major problem is the band of trim that goes under her bust. Makes it look like its holding her up.

I didn’t like this gown when I saw it in India and this outing hasn’t changed my views. Indeed would have loved to see her stunning blue gown instead! This one looks like it belonged to another place and another era of time. Something is off about it. Maybe there’s just too much going on it makes it look too much like a costume to look elegant.

The duchess looked stunning tonight and the hair/jewels were just perfect.

My Sunday is complete! This was one of my top two choices for a repeat (the other being the blue she wore for the same tour), and I love it as much this time as I did the last time she wore it. While I don't think that the VCaA jewelry is the best choice stylistically for this dress, the metals do echo the colors of the gold and silver trim on the dress, so that at least makes some sense. I just think something more delicate and airy would have suited the dress better, but that's a quibble. I'm very happy to see this gown again!

While I appreciate this dress for it's distinctive look, it's not quite my favorite of hers and I do wish she'd chosen gold jewelry to go with the look.

She looks great! The dress is gorgeous on her.

One of my favorite gowns! I love the jewelry but not with this dress.

I like the dress-it suits the occasion. The earrings are okay, I don’t think she needed the necklace.

While I appreciate this dress for it's distinctive look, it's not quite my favorite of hers and I do wish she'd chosen gold jewelry to go with the look.

That's how I feel as well.
Kate looks beautiful, but she does have nicer dresses, and the jewelry isn't quite right.

That's how I feel as well.
Kate looks beautiful, but she does have nicer dresses, and the jewelry isn't quite right.[/QUOTE
Her hair looks wonderful and the dress and jewelry should work but somehow it doesn’t. Too costume like for my taste. The wide band that encircles the bodice may be the problem

Kate looks great love the dress, the jewelry not so much. Hair looks fabulous.

Her hair looks wonderful and the dress and jewelry should work but somehow it doesn’t. Too costume like for my taste. The wide band that encircles the bodice may be the problem

Too costume, yes exactly. That's why I don't like the gown.

The jewels are not bad but just plain and not suitable with that gown. Maybe better with any simple lacey black gown she wore before. Maybe better if she borrows some other jewels from the vault to match the gown (there are some pieces that I think may look good).

I would love this gown were it not for the trim beneath the bust which as others have said spoils the effect, not just in its positioning but also the straight boxed shape.

I love it! So glad she wore a dress I wanted to see her wear again! I like the reworked sleeve, I think it is better than the original look.

I did not care for her jewelry though. I don't think it went with the dress at all.

LaRae

Great to see Kate follow Bafta's guideline and repeat - I suspect we all knew she would.

But I dislike this dress even more than before - it worked a little better on tour as it honoured the country but it is one of my least favourite's of Kate's dresses (along with the light blue chiffon Jenny Packham film premier one)

I would have loved to see the vivid blue Indian gown or the one she wore on their first tour when they stopped in LA for a Bafta event that would have been very fitting

While not my favorite Kate looks lovely. I like the changes made to the sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom