Silver Jubilee of Queen Beatrix: April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SpiffyBallerina said:
I think ALL of the daughters-in-law got it right this time. CP Maxima, Princess Mabel, and Princess Laurentien looked great! Queen Beatrix could have done better. This dress was too frumpy for her!

I totally agree..Quite frumpy and it didn't flatter her figure either..Loved the pics with the little ballerinas though and her expressions..Precious..

thank you for the pictures, misshelen & the watcher !!

I agree.. they all look wonderful.. mabel looks lovely... maxima looks wonderful, but the fur doesn't match & not ok... laurentien looks marvelous - i like the colour.. margriet looks nice...

yes, i'd love to see the vollenhoven princes & princesses... on a black-tie event.
come to think again, have we ever see them on a gala dinner outfits ?

Pictures without watermarks NOS:)

Attachments

• fa.jpg
    fa.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 275
  • fb.jpg
    fb.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 393
  • fc.jpg
    fc.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 405
a couple big ones without watermark, again from NOS

Attachments

• 171205_beatrix1_gr_tcm44-206687.jpg
    171205_beatrix1_gr_tcm44-206687.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,168
  • 171205_beatrix2_gr_tcm44-206691.jpg
    171205_beatrix2_gr_tcm44-206691.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 171205_beatrix4_gr_tcm44-206696.jpg
    171205_beatrix4_gr_tcm44-206696.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 171205_beatrix5_gr_tcm44-206697.jpg
    171205_beatrix5_gr_tcm44-206697.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 295
Pictures without watermark DPA

Attachments

• 1a.jpeg
    1a.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,373
  • 1e.jpeg
    1e.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 1c.jpeg
    1c.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 564
  • 1d.jpeg
    1d.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 1h.jpeg
    1h.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 535
  • 1j.jpeg
    1j.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 625
  • 1p.jpeg
    1p.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 669
  • 1q.jpeg
    1q.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 298
And pictures from Beatrix, WA en Máxima without watermarks DPA:)

Attachments

• 1o.jpeg
    1o.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 349
  • 1k.jpeg
    1k.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 1m.jpeg
    1m.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 1b.jpeg
    1b.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 1f.jpeg
    1f.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 1g.jpeg
    1g.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,284
  • 1l.jpeg
    1l.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 245
Thanks to all for the pictures, what a lovely occasion this government dinner seems to have been. How was the TV broadcast btw, anything interesting?

I'm also positively suprised by Mabel, she looks very lovely in this dress! Well they all looked lovely last night, perhaps Máxima's coat was a bit too big, but that's okay. I guess the broad attendance of the family was because this was such a special event, honouring Queen Beatrix's jubilee.

Thank you so much for the pictures. I thought they all looked especially lovely -- Maxima's dress was a nice departure from her usual style, the salmon color looked beautiful on Mabel and Laurentien looked lovely in green. In fact, it was the first time I have really thought Mabel looked "pretty" and her hair didn't look oversprayed. Does anyone know what the shawls were that the Queen and Maxima had on? Are they cashmere with some sort of fur? Very attractive and warm looking.

I too love the shawls they are wearing. Q. Silvia has worn one as well. Any clues as to who makes them?

Thanks for all the pictures. Mabel's dress is gorgeous. Laurentien and Maxima both look gorgeous as well.

In one pic Mabel reminds me of Lady Helen Windsor..it's the one where she is turning her head..She really looked great..hopefully they'll release some pics of her daughter's baptism since it seems to be a private one..

thanks for the pics, misshelen!

now that we get more pictures, i think with the exeption of the Queen, the night belongs to Princess Laurentien...
she looks marvelous in her 4th month of pregnancy... green is definitely her colour...

Yay, a big hurray for Beatrix' daughters in law! They look stunning, especially Laurentien! :)

thanks so much to everyone who posted photos! I've really enjoyed looking at them.

Mabel: she looked she was wearing one of those towel dresses you can put on after a dip in the sea. it made her figure appear pear-shaped. she was also obviously quite cold in the night air.

her hair was so stiff! hurricane katrina wouldn't have an impact on it.

Maxima: loved the fact that the current queen and the future queen wore matching fur wraps. the great relationship between these 2 women was again clearly on display tonight.

Laurientien: You go girl! you look great.

I am going to go against the grain and say that I disliked what Maxima wore. She looked like a Faberge egg. The shape of the dress was not the best for her figure either. It hardened her curves rather than softening them.

What is with Beatrix loaning her daughter in laws her clothes? Can they not afford their own clothes? First Mabel wearing Beatrix's engagement dress and now Maxima wearing one of her fur trimmed wraps. Little mini Beatrix's in the making?

Laurentien looked amazing. One of the rare times when she's better dressed than Maxima.

Mabel looked very good too and of course she couldn't help sneaking in at least one bow right!

Genevieve said:
Laurentien looked amazing. Mabel looked very good too and of course she couldn't help sneaking in at least one bow right!

Yes, Laurentien looked great. When she wears "classically nice" clothes she is quite nice but her sense of color sometimes bewilders me. That being said, she is her own person and one should applaud that. I thought Mabel looked great too. Maxima certainly was her normal, laughing self at the dinner. Quite a bit more tanned than usual, of course. If Mabel keeps this up, then maybe opinions about her sense of fashion just may change...then again she had to have at least one bow in her ensemble. Her trademark. :)

the queen looked great as usual. i did not like maxima's dress. Laurentien and Mabel looked great this time. i hope they keep this up.

from http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/12/19/dutchroyals/

Queen Beatrix Glows with Happiness at Jubilee Dinner

As her silver jubilee year draws to a close, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands appears to be relishing life more than ever. On Saturday the lady of the hour looked radiant as she was joined by the entire Dutch royal family at one of the final events to mark the momentous year - a glamorous black-tie dinner in The Hague.

Last edited:
lovely photos. beatrix's and maxima's furst look impressive. very nice young colour for maxima's fur...
mabel looked superb! that viktor and rolf dress is so princessy like... :) maxima's lime green dress with the glittery things looked great as well. really sexy :) and laurentien looked as happy as always (i think ehr dress is a carolina herrera, not my favourite, but she looks always wonderful no matter what she wears).
the dinner also looked really "white tie". seemed a nice event, not just a banquet, but show as well...

Queen Beatriz of Holland receives a gift of Dutch prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende (i) during a celebrated supper, Saturday 17 of December, in the Ridderzaal of La Haya.

from terra

Attachments

• 71fa5c7f1f8e5g.jpg
    71fa5c7f1f8e5g.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 170
Great pics. All the ladies look lovely. Mabel...I knew you had it in you! The only negative thing I didn't like where her shoes...but what a lovely dress.

I do agree. This outfit is very nice. The bow is stylish (for once).

pollyemma said:
thanks so much to everyone who posted photos! I've really enjoyed looking at them.

Mabel: she looked she was wearing one of those towel dresses you can put on after a dip in the sea. it made her figure appear pear-shaped. she was also obviously quite cold in the night air.

her hair was so stiff! hurricane katrina wouldn't have an impact on it.

Maxima: loved the fact that the current queen and the future queen wore matching fur wraps. the great relationship between these 2 women was again clearly on display tonight.

Laurientien: You go girl! you look great.

I totally agree! Both Maxima & Laureintien looked great. Can't say the same for Mabel, although she is getting better.

I didnt like Mabel`s gown..Laurentien is bit better..she looked nice in that green

It's always so nice to see the family out together - as others have commented, they seem to get along so well. They all look like they are enjoying themselves.

So was this the last event to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee?

Wow! Maxima's dress was gorgeous, does anyone have a full length picture of it? The only thing that spoilt it for me was that dull brown wrap which didn't go with the dress and didn't flatter Maxima's figure. I liked what Mabel was wearing as well, very pretty. Not so sure about Laurentien, her dress was a bit "meringuey"

pollyemma said:
Mabel: she looked she was wearing one of those towel dresses you can put on after a dip in the sea. it .

Mabel's dress reminds me of this sundress worn by Mary last summer

marydress2py.jpg

(from alloverpress)

Maxima from ?:) without watermark

Attachments

• stf.jpeg
    stf.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom